Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:54 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Think it was Napoli that night as I gather they were considered the underdogs .... and the OH is Italian ... but when it comes to football, I know nothing.

Buongiourno Signora. Come sta?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 8:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Ok I have a burning question:

How bloody big was this tree?!!

I am thinking that it can't be all that big to fit in a wheelie bin, so just take it out???
Well it was taller than me, I reckon probably 6 foot, looks like it was half a palm tree, the other half is in one of the other bins from my block. The half that was in my bin mysteriously fell out about 2am and is now lying in the street, along with half a metre if rainwater that had collected in the bottom of the bin over the last two days.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:00 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Italian football teams are shit when it comes to penalties,as soon as they hear it's going to be a 'shoot out',they run
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Don't suppose you know why the kids call their football teacher/trainer "Mister" ?
In Spain in the early days of pro football some influential trainers (managers) were from England where the game was invented and 'mister' was how they were addressed, hence all trainers got called el mister. Even today the term is used. Sumat similar happened in Italy? Or maybe they just copied the phrase?

Now in England our managers are worth bugger all & we revere Spanish & Italian managers From Don Revie to Don Fabio, eh?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:28 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by General Tojo
In Spain in the early days of pro football some influential trainers (managers) were from England where the game was invented and 'mister' was how they were addressed, hence all trainers got called el mister. Even today the term is used. Sumat similar happened in Italy? Or maybe they just copied the phrase?

Now in England our managers are worth bugger all & we revere Spanish & Italian managers From Don Revie to Don Fabio, eh?
Thanks. I never knew and had wondered a few times.

Here is a photo of one of the football fields where the kids have their weekly training sessions. On this particular day it was being used by the primary school for "Spring Games".

And can you spot the half English kid? (taken 2 years ago)

Told you Polly that I lived at the bottom of the mountains. If you fancy a healthy holiday you can always forgoe the wine in favour of a big hike up one of these mountains
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-dscn0177.jpg   Comfortably numb......-dscf4838.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:33 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a better picture ....
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-dscn0173.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:32 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I never knew and had wondered a few times.

Here is a photo of one of the football fields where the kids have their weekly training sessions. On this particular day it was being used by the primary school for "Spring Games".

And can you spot the half English kid? (taken 2 years ago)

Told you Polly that I lived at the bottom of the mountains. If you fancy a healthy holiday you can always forgoe the wine in favour of a big hike up one of these mountains
Polly on a bike
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Polly on a bike
I said "hike" not "bike".
She can walk can't she?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a better picture ....
Gorgeous

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Polly on a bike
Have to agree, that just isn't gonna happen Haven't been on a bike since I was a teenager
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:49 am
Home and Happy

I said "hike" not "bike".
She can walk can't she?
Yeah, I can walk I'm just sat here laughing at the look on Bernie's face thinking of me riding a bike
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yeah, I can walk I'm just sat here laughing at the look on Bernie's face thinking of me riding a bike
No worries - I don't have a bike myself here. Just never bought one.

We have a few pairs of roller skates in the cellar if you fancy a go on those

Oh - I've got one of these in the cellar too:
Attached Thumbnails Comfortably numb......-thumbnail.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

No worries - I don't have a bike myself here. Just never bought one.

We have a few pairs of roller skates in the cellar if you fancy a go on those

Oh - I've got one of these in the cellar too:
Jeez me on roller skates, that would be dangerous a bike would be safer!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:03 am

Jeez me on roller skates, that would be dangerous a bike would be safer!
When you find out how cheap and plentiful the wine is .... even your own two feet might not be safe. You might have to crawl home.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

When you find out how cheap and plentiful the wine is .... even your own two feet might not be safe. You might have to crawl home.
wouldn't be the first time!!!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 8:05 am

wouldn't be the first time!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.