Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 5:24 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
We don't have the sports channels in this house and OH can't go to his mate's tonight to watch a match because he is out - so I have got OH and young son watching Naples Vs Chelsea at loud volume on his laptop on some kind of streaming.

Young son is only allowed to stay up and have a bit of footy time with dad because school is closed for carnival.

I'm avoiding them both but can't help overhearing the volume. No idea where the streaming is coming from but the commentators are speaking Spanish! God help me!

So would he be a Napoli fan or Chelsea???
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mucho spell casting tonight aimed at the wonderful neighbour who has "adopted" my wheelie bin! Between it being emptied yesterday morning and me getting home last night someone has filled it with a tree!
The bins have to be left down the street as the truck can't get into our units, so it is now by the roadside with a tree sticking out of the top! Binmen will ignore it as its a)overfull and b) garden waste.
I am now having to take all my rubbish on the bus each morning, to be dumped in the bin in the office

Seriously hacked off!!!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:18 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mucho spell casting tonight aimed at the wonderful neighbour who has "adopted" my wheelie bin! Between it being emptied yesterday morning and me getting home last night someone has filled it with a tree!
The bins have to be left down the street as the truck can't get into our units, so it is now by the roadside with a tree sticking out of the top! Binmen will ignore it as its a)overfull and b) garden waste.
I am now having to take all my rubbish on the bus each morning, to be dumped in the bin in the office

Seriously hacked off!!!
Have a word with them,no point telling BE unless they are on BE
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:23 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Have a word with them,no point telling BE unless they are on BE
If I knew who it was, I would! I'm just having a rant on here to let off steam and cos I am cross at being sat on the bus carrying a back of empty tuna tins
The bin has a polite note on it informing the offender that I am less than happy!!

And the lovely council won't deliver a new bin because the old one hasn't disappeared, they say I need to pay them to remove the tree

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 22nd 2012 at 9:25 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:28 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

If I knew who it was, I would! I'm just having a rant on here to let off steam and cos I am cross at being sat on the bus carrying a back of empty tuna tins
The bin has a polite note on it informing the offender that I am less than happy!!

And the lovely council won't deliver a new bin because the old one hasn't disappeared, they say I need to pay them to remove the tree
Oh that was a 'rant',well beef it up a bit,a few swear words wouldn't go a miss,come on give it the DOT/MP treatment
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:30 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh that was a 'rant',well beef it up a bit,a few swear words wouldn't go a miss,come on give it the DOT/MP treatment
be grateful I didn't post tbe words I used in the street last night, I'd have had to ban myself!!!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 1:59 am
Home and Happy

Ahhh today's classic statement, overheard in the kitchen at work.

"I'm never buying DVDs from Thailand again, I forget its in Europe so all the commentary was in Spanish. I wish they spoke English in Europe cos Thai DVDs are so cheap."

WTF?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Ahhh today's classic statement, overheard in the kitchen at work.

"I'm never buying DVDs from Thailand again, I forget its in Europe so all the commentary was in Spanish. I wish they spoke English in Europe cos Thai DVDs are so cheap."

WTF?
'commentary'?

What're they saying about Julia today?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by General Tojo
'commentary'?

What're they saying about Julia today?
Don't ask me, i tune out at the slightest hint of politics!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:09 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GingerDom
So would he be a Napoli fan or Chelsea???
Think it was Napoli that night as I gather they were considered the underdogs .... and the OH is Italian ... but when it comes to football, I know nothing.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Think it was Napoli that night as I gather they were considered the underdogs .... and the OH is Italian ... but when it comes to football, I know nothing.
So it's only in football that Italians don't ostracise Naples?

How can you live there and know nowt about calcio? I'd divorce you!
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:52 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So it's only in football that Italians don't ostracise Naples?

How can you live there and know nowt about calcio? I'd divorce you!
Ahh the Napolitans, loved and hated in equal measures. It sure is a crazy place.
My little lad is in his third year of football club, and by all accounts he's really good. If he keeps up with it I might have to learn something about football after all. Funny thing is, I'll be learning the Italian terms for things like penalty shoot outs and the offside rule (no I don't know what it is.)
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

If he keeps up with it I might have to learn something about football after all. Funny thing is, I'll be learning the Italian terms for things like penalty shoot outs and the offside rule (no I don't know what it is.)
Penalty shoot-out is simple, just change to the plural:

calci di rigore (a fine partita)
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 2:10 pm

Penalty shoot-out is simple, just change to the plural:

calci di rigore (a fine partita)

Don't suppose you know why the kids call their football teacher/trainer "Mister" ?
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 4:53 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Ok I have a burning question:

How bloody big was this tree?!!

I am thinking that it can't be all that big to fit in a wheelie bin, so just take it out???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.