Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:14 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What does that mean ?

I'm going to show the wife those Sand Mandalas when she gets back from her Art Course. Interesting and fascinating work.
The Tibetans are a fascinating people,love em
Old Feb 4th 2012, 11:21 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
The Tibetans are a fascinating people,love em
twas fascinating, could've watched it for hours!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:14 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Whta the Iphone 4??
Naaa 3, twas cheaper!

What does that mean ?
Means what time I can't use within 4 weeks (and I can't use it cos we are too busy) gets written off. Not very fair in a disaster organisation and none of us are happy. We used to be able to save it for months and use it on the end of our leave but as things are now we can't do that so next friday I will lose 20 hours that I've worked - can't get paid for it, and after Friday can't take it as time in lieu either.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:18 am
Home and Happy

I'm going to show the wife those Sand Mandalas when she gets back from her Art Course. Interesting and fascinating work.
More on them here - http://www.mysticalartsoftibet.org/Mandala.htm

I was amazed at the monks working on them, they had people coming and going and watching but they just sat there engrossed in the task, only spoke to ask for different coloured sand to be passed. Apparently they did a few during the Festival, which went on most of the week, and they destroy them afterwards - seems such a waste but I guess that's part of the mystique, like sacrificing it or something? Must read up on it later!!
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
10-12 hour days 6 days a week at present, to tired to have a life! If it was night shifts I'd been fine, but its all day shifts and even when i get off work early I've got to be online at home. We used to get "time off in lieu" for extra hours but they changed the system so must of it now just gets written off as the time frame for using up the "toil" ] is too short! Ah well, at least I have a job!!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ian-visas.html

According to this (Torygraph propaganda?), Britons are rushing to get those precious Oz visas and you do already have a job indeed.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:58 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by General Tojo
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...ian-visas.html

According to this (Torygraph propaganda?), Britons are rushing to get those precious Oz visas and you do already have a job indeed.
And how many of those Brits, like so many newbies that join BE, are under the impression that they will be working shorter hours for more pay and a better work/life balance
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

And how many of those Brits, like so many newbies that join BE, are under the impression that they will be working shorter hours for more pay and a better work/life balance
or that you can get a job in the mines earning megga bucks without qualifications.....
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
or that you can get a job in the mines earning megga bucks without qualifications.....
and a five bedroom house with large garden and big pool can be theirs for only £250,000
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:40 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
and a five bedroom house with large garden and big pool can be theirs for only £250,000
and a month after buying it it will drop in value and someone will buy it for fifty dollars....with a pool thrown in...
Old Feb 5th 2012, 12:32 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
and a month after buying it it will drop in value and someone will buy it for fifty dollars....with a pool thrown in...

You mean you can't do and get all this stuff???
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:16 am
Home and Happy

Talking to a mate at work last night who makes apps for iphones; he is about to market every drinker's dream app. You can pre-programme it with your partner/friends phone number and the phrase "I'm lost cos I'm p*ssed" and when they press send it sends out an alert to that friend showing their position on the iphone GPS system- their phone then finds their position in relation to the friends position.
So if you are out late and can't remember the way home you can text the husband/wife and even if they aren't talking to you as long as their phone is on you will get a response which shows you the way home
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:22 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Talking to a mate at work last night who makes apps for iphones; he is about to market every drinker's dream app. You can pre-programme it with your partner/friends phone number and the phrase "I'm lost cos I'm p*ssed" and when they press send it sends out an alert to that friend showing their position on the iphone GPS system- their phone then finds their position in relation to the friends position.
So if you are out late and can't remember the way home you can text the husband/wife and even if they aren't talking to you as long as their phone is on you will get a response which shows you the way home
Why bother if they ain't speaking to you,might as well stay out
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:24 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt this defeat the purpose of not talking.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:40 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Why bother if they ain't speaking to you,might as well stay out

Originally Posted by newjersey
Doesnt this defeat the purpose of not talking.

I shall pass on the feedback! He designed it partly for a colleague who had to phone her mate one night and say "eerrrrrrrr how do I get home?" and when questioned as to where she was all she knew was that she could see some men with guns and a lot of barbed wire and no exit signs........apparently she had gone with this army guy in a cab, only realised he lived on an ADF base when she tried to leave
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:53 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

I shall pass on the feedback! He designed it partly for a colleague who had to phone her mate one night and say "eerrrrrrrr how do I get home?" and when questioned as to where she was all she knew was that she could see some men with guns and a lot of barbed wire and no exit signs........apparently she had gone with this army guy in a cab, only realised he lived on an ADF base when she tried to leave
Last two chemo sessions did not agree with me although I must admit necessity truly is the mother of invention.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.