Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
there's even a few bottles of guiness

yer welcome any time
I'm back over in September
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:52 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm back over in September
you got shares in aviation fuel welcome to pop up with advance warning as have 40th birthday to celebrate
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:56 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

you got shares in aviation fuel welcome to pop up with advance warning as have 40th birthday to celebrate
No I just don't spend money here any more, I save it to fly back with!

Niece/god-daughter is 11 in September she doesn't know I'm coming back for it yet
Have to see what we can work out, I'll be around the second half of Sept/beginning October
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:29 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

No I just don't spend money here any more, I save it to fly back with!

Niece/god-daughter is 11 in September she doesn't know I'm coming back for it yet
Have to see what we can work out, I'll be around the second half of Sept/beginning October
that's prob the best timing, bring on the beer
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

Okey dokey, I'll do my best
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:53 pm
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Today's laugh........sat in the Pig & Whistle in Queen Street pondering on the fact that the only drawback with these new glasses is the fact I can see how yeuch the local blokes are
And this guy walks up to the bar in vest and indecent shorts........now this is a Brit pub, for those who don't know Brisbane, proper beer, Bulmers cider, decent football etc.....so the guy mutters something like "grab me a schooner of heavy stuff" to which the barman replies "Does sir mean he would like a pint of best bitter?"

Witchy nearly falls off her stool laughing, Aussie bloke looks confused and says "ÿeah whatever maaaaate" Ends up with a pint in front of him and announces that anyone who can drink that much beer needs a medal So much for the hardened Aussie drinker! Sooooo funny though, this barman with a perfect BBC accent and completely dead-pan, sorting out Mr Idiot

Brilliant!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

maverick2050 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies if I'm taking this discussion a bit off track, but besides agreeing with Polly that Comfortably Numb is indeed one of the best songs in the history of time, I have been watching this one and I just have to say that Dave Gilmour is one of the most versatile and best British artistes I have ever seen. I hope those Roger Waters fans out there do not beg to differ

Part 2 and the "Finale" are excellent ones as well..
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by maverick2050
Apologies if I'm taking this discussion a bit off track, but besides agreeing with Polly that Comfortably Numb is indeed one of the best songs in the history of time, I have been watching this one and I just have to say that Dave Gilmour is one of the most versatile and best British artistes I have ever seen. I hope those Roger Waters fans out there do not beg to differ

Part 2 and the "Finale" are excellent ones as well..
Ahhh there is no off-track with this thread, thats whats good about it, no-one can ever say its going off topic

Thats a brilliant track
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:39 am
Shiny Arse Know All

football day today, nd i mean REAL football not any of that gaylord Aussie Rules crap

Son has football training then a quick break followed by a football tournament followed by the England game the suns out the beer's in the fridge and it's fish n chips for tea
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:42 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

football day today, nd i mean REAL football not any of that gaylord Aussie Rules crap

Son has football training then a quick break followed by a football tournament followed by the England game the suns out the beer's in the fridge and it's fish n chips for tea
And we still have no visa

I mean come on...how long does it take to type VISA GRANTED
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:44 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Game's on ITV, right? May watch their online version then.
Hungover tae high heaven now after 5 hour 'happy hooer' Friday eve with the lasses followed by mutton curry at midnight at Nepalese curry house just prior to last train. No werk til Tues aft so it's all good.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:44 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by rasen78
And we still have no visa

I mean come on...how long does it take to type VISA GRANTED
you see now why I work away during the week
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:47 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by expatasia
Game's on ITV, right? May watch their online version then.
Hungover tae high heaven now after 5 hour 'happy hooer' Friday eve with the lasses followed by mutton curry at midnight at Nepalese curry house just prior to last train. No werk til Tues aft so it's all good.
Nice one things more back to normal?

Game's on ITV HD in my house ko is at 1645. does mean I'll miss all of the days cricket can't even get updates on my phone as I broke that last week and new one doesn't arrive until next Friday :curse:
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:48 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

you see now why I work away during the week
Notice the trend in ROMFTs posts? Now you see why I kick him out every Sunday night for the week
Old Jun 4th 2011, 6:50 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by rasen78
Notice the trend in ROMFTs posts? Now you see why I kick him out every Sunday night for the week

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.