Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Comfortably numb......

Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
Ya missed out on a rental opportunity there Mike
Can think of some on here who could easily have taken the offer up..
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:15 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Today's laugh........sat in the Pig & Whistle in Queen Street pondering on the fact that the only drawback with these new glasses is the fact I can see how yeuch the local blokes are
And this guy walks up to the bar in vest and indecent shorts........now this is a Brit pub, for those who don't know Brisbane, proper beer, Bulmers cider, decent football etc.....so the guy mutters something like "grab me a schooner of heavy stuff" to which the barman replies "Does sir mean he would like a pint of best bitter?"

Witchy nearly falls off her stool laughing, Aussie bloke looks confused and says "ÿeah whatever maaaaate" Ends up with a pint in front of him and announces that anyone who can drink that much beer needs a medal So much for the hardened Aussie drinker! Sooooo funny though, this barman with a perfect BBC accent and completely dead-pan, sorting out Mr Idiot
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:20 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Today's laugh........sat in the Pig & Whistle in Queen Street pondering on the fact that the only drawback with these new glasses is the fact I can see how yeuch the local blokes are
And this guy walks up to the bar in vest and indecent shorts........now this is a Brit pub, for those who don't know Brisbane, proper beer, Bulmers cider, decent football etc.....so the guy mutters something like "grab me a schooner of heavy stuff" to which the barman replies "Does sir mean he would like a pint of best bitter?"

Witchy nearly falls off her stool laughing, Aussie bloke looks confused and says "ÿeah whatever maaaaate" Ends up with a pint in front of him and announces that anyone who can drink that much beer needs a medal So much for the hardened Aussie drinker! Sooooo funny though, this barman with a perfect BBC accent and completely dead-pan, sorting out Mr Idiot
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:26 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly wouldn't be paying them!! There's chipped off paint everywhere, the broken porch rail, one of them dropped the ladder so there are chipped bits out of the other porch rails from where it landed, paint all over the grass........ its like a Carry On film
Now I know why you didn't get revenge & set the rodents on them - you've lost 'em!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13624714
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:39 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Now I know why you didn't get revenge & set the rodents on them - you've lost 'em!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13624714
Esmeralda Chipmunk told them to book into Business Class but they insisted on trying to travel cheap, and look where it got them!! They managed to escape though, they are due into Brisbane shortly having stowed away again in someone's backpack
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:43 am

Esmeralda Chipmunk told them to book into Business Class but they insisted on trying to travel cheap, and look where it got them!! They managed to escape though, they are due into Brisbane shortly having stowed away again in someone's backpack
So you won't be needing to stuff the bloody possums any time soon?
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:48 am
Home and Happy

And I have a rodent related confession to make, lets hope the landlord doesn't read the forum

When I got back from England this time I thought I had some very large geckoes in the flat, lots of stuff knocked over or moved. Soon discovered evidence that proved not geckoes, but mice had moved in. There was a gap under the front door just big enough for a mouse and me being away for a month, plus the local cat was evicted last year, mice moved in to the garden and then the unit.
When I got up one afternoon last week and disturbed 3 of them, who then made a bolt straight under the door I knew I had to do something. So I got Mr Dodgy East European Landlord and told him to fix the gap, which he did, by nailing a bit of wood to the bottom of the door.....not pretty but it does the job. Unfortunately he also bought a box of Ratsak which he then spread across the doorstep, down the steps and under the unit NOOOOOO ~ I'd told him I didn't want them dead, I just wanted them kept outside!

So when he left I took the hoover and removed all traces of the ratsak

He came back today and asked about the meeces, I told him they can't get in now, and the ratsak has vanished.......he's happy, end of problem.
Now I just feel guilty cos they are stuck outside in the cold getting hailed on but at elast they arent ex-meeces
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

The possoms are soooo funny at the moment. Cos I'm working loads of nights they are only getting fed about 2 or 3 nights a week. So as soon as I put food out for them I can hear them falling out of the tree and racing down the garden Three of them are currently doing 6 apples a night between them! Just as well I'm not feeding them every night, I'd be broke!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The possoms are soooo funny at the moment. Cos I'm working loads of nights they are only getting fed about 2 or 3 nights a week. So as soon as I put food out for them I can hear them falling out of the tree and racing down the garden Three of them are currently doing 6 apples a night between them! Just as well I'm not feeding them every night, I'd be broke!
Be really nice to them, give them a couple of bananas..
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:52 am
Home and Happy

It gets better, its currently 20 degrees in the city and this girlie has just walked in announcing Ïts soooo cold I can't even think, if it gets any worse I might die WIMP!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:55 am
Home and Happy

I did that earlier in the year!!! During the cyclone/flood season we had loads of fruit donated to us at work, as well as stuff we bought. Any that wasn't eaten was just chucked out so I was bringing it home and feeding it to them!!! I had to do some of the invoices last night, we were paying $2.49 per kilo for bananas then (end of December). I love my little possoms but they aren't getting bananas now, not at $15 a kilo.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
A posh Jock Oxymoron of the highest order :ohmy:
Like Jocks rushing to buy the beers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13621315

Bet you got in on the act too.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 2:42 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatasia
Like Jocks rushing to buy the beers!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-13621315

Bet you got in on the act too.
The boss showed me that this morning

nope missed it but still have beer left over from last weekends barbie have some cider too ready for the Barfly to arrive next month

on a plus note the SKy man is coming round tomorrow to sort my system out, can bin the crap virgin box then oh and as I'll have to stay in I can watch the cricket in peace and quiet
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:18 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
The boss showed me that this morning

nope missed it but still have beer left over from last weekends barbie have some cider too ready for the Barfly to arrive next month

on a plus note the SKy man is coming round tomorrow to sort my system out, can bin the crap virgin box then oh and as I'll have to stay in I can watch the cricket in peace and quiet
Hmmmm cider eh....might have to make a flying trip over and gatecrash
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 4:37 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmmm cider eh....might have to make a flying trip over and gatecrash
there's even a few bottles of guiness

yer welcome any time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.