Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Come on, whats them Aussie songs that you love....

Wikiposts

Come on, whats them Aussie songs that you love....

Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:50 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Come on, whats them Aussie songs that you love....

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
They are actually NZers but just trying to resurrect a decent thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Vq_cAJFoRMM
that doesn't normally stop the Aussies from claiming them
Old Aug 31st 2009, 7:52 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
yes and he asked me out on a date many moons ago too!
is that where he got his name from?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

That catchy song from the Lancer ad.

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Gimme a home among the gum trees LOL
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
Gimme a home among the gum trees LOL
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

wednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant futurewednesfield wolf has a brilliant future

Prisoner of society, Living end
Working class man, Jimmie Barnes
and anything by Wolfmother
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:40 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

MH will never be replaced

Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

I like this, but it is being overplayed and I'll probably dislike it in a couple of weeks.

Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sr71
I like this, but it is being overplayed and I'll probably dislike it in a couple of weeks.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5RLFfiBghio

Quite an emotional song and for that reason it must go!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:57 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Quite an emotional song and for that reason it must go!
Yer right - it must go
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

Anything by Crowded House - I know Finn is a kiwi but Seymour is Australian and hester was too, RIP.

Midnight Oil around the time of Diesel and Dust and Blue Sky Mining and Earth, Sun and Moon.

INXS between Shabooh Shabah and Welcome to Wherever you are

Powderfinger between Internationalist and Vulture Street

Thirsty Merc are great, saw them live supporting Maroon 5 in a poky club about 4 year ago.

Sadly I dont find much of the modern stuff as appealing, probably not my generation (34) and prefer 80's and 90's Australian music, bands like Wolfmother and Jet etc just rehash old stoner rock and all the bands like Kisschasey are for teens.

Australian women artists are few and far between, not lacking in talent IMO just they succumb to this dumb, jack johnson esque, cookie song writing that lacks any depth and really pretentious, aka Lisa from Australian Idol.

The last Aussie female artist with any talent for me was Sarah from the Superjesus, although Sarah Blasco is quite interesting.

Unfortunately given young musicians look to the US there are an abundance of really bad acts that write Live, Pearl Jam and worst still Nickelback B wanna be type of tunes so there is little hope until Nickelback die...

But id rather listen to jet anyday than Cold Chisel, Hunters and Collectors and John Farnham. They have achieved god like status here, I dont see the attraction, I guess you had to be there first time round.

Jimmy barnes just goes from genre to genre butchering soul music and rock and gets away with it??????????????

IMO of course...
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sherro
Anything by Crowded House - I know Finn is a kiwi but Seymour is Australian and hester was too, RIP.

Midnight Oil around the time of Diesel and Dust and Blue Sky Mining and Earth, Sun and Moon.

INXS between Shabooh Shabah and Welcome to Wherever you are

Powderfinger between Internationalist and Vulture Street

Thirsty Merc are great, saw them live supporting Maroon 5 in a poky club about 4 year ago.

Sadly I dont find much of the modern stuff as appealing, probably not my generation (34) and prefer 80's and 90's Australian music, bands like Wolfmother and Jet etc just rehash old stoner rock and all the bands like Kisschasey are for teens.

Australian women artists are few and far between, not lacking in talent IMO just they succumb to this dumb, jack johnson esque, cookie song writing that lacks any depth and really pretentious, aka Lisa from Australian Idol.

The last Aussie female artist with any talent for me was Sarah from the Superjesus, although Sarah Blasco is quite interesting.

Unfortunately given young musicians look to the US there are an abundance of really bad acts that write Live, Pearl Jam and worst still Nickelback B wanna be type of tunes so there is little hope until Nickelback die...

But id rather listen to jet anyday than Cold Chisel, Hunters and Collectors and John Farnham. They have achieved god like status here, I dont see the attraction, I guess you had to be there first time round.

Jimmy barnes just goes from genre to genre butchering soul music and rock and gets away with it??????????????

IMO of course...

You make good points. Back in the 80's and 90's, Aussie music was heavily promoted and now that its not, you can look back on some great music. I love Aussie music as it brings back great memories of when Aussie music took precedence over todays bollocks.

Personally, I think Lisa from Idol is really a natural talent. Each to their own eh?

Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

You make good points. Back in the 80's and 90's, Aussie music was heavily promoted and now that its not, you can look back on some great music. I love Aussie music as it brings back great memories of when Aussie music took precedence over todays bollocks.

Personally, I think Lisa from Idol is really a natural talent. Each to their own eh?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YXtidnWQHRQ
Yes mate, dont mistake talent for not my cup of tea, i dont doubt she is talented as people like Claire Bowditch and Missy Higgins is hugely talented but its just not my bag...
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.