Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coles online/home delivery

Coles online/home delivery

Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of
Default Coles online/home delivery

Hi!

I decided I would try and save a few $$ this week by shopping online, used to work a treat in the uk, I'd save £30-£40 by paying a delivery of £5, with no opportunity to browse, fair swap!

All was good until I got to the Quorn... now I know that Quorn is $5.99 a bag in the store, but I was charged $6.41. I presumed it had gone up (theres a surprise) and carried on regardless. It was only when I was in town I decided to follow it up, I went to my local coles store expecting to find $6.41 and there it was...$5.99!

Understandably miffed I went online and found an article (wish I'd saved it ) saying it was quite normal for them to charge anything between 8 and 18% extra on each item! Then they add the $9 delivery on top of that!

Did anyone else know about this or am I here on my own surrounded by mushrooms? Days like this I really really miss Sainsburys...
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coles online/home delivery

Originally Posted by kizbut1
Hi!

I decided I would try and save a few $$ this week by shopping online, used to work a treat in the uk, I'd save £30-£40 by paying a delivery of £5, with no opportunity to browse, fair swap!

All was good until I got to the Quorn... now I know that Quorn is $5.99 a bag in the store, but I was charged $6.41. I presumed it had gone up (theres a surprise) and carried on regardless. It was only when I was in town I decided to follow it up, I went to my local coles store expecting to find $6.41 and there it was...$5.99!

Understandably miffed I went online and found an article (wish I'd saved it ) saying it was quite normal for them to charge anything between 8 and 18% extra on each item! Then they add the $9 delivery on top of that!

Did anyone else know about this or am I here on my own surrounded by mushrooms? Days like this I really really miss Sainsburys...
Hehehe, handy to know ... I doesn't surprise me that you actually pay extra for groceries ordered on-line in Oz.

I guess it comes down to supply and demand and, crucially, what they think they can screw the customer for.

I've not attempted on-line orders for groceries, it would not surprise me if they classed this as a foreign country and refused to serve the area.

Last edited by DeadVim; Aug 18th 2011 at 5:47 am.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:46 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Hehehe, handy to know ... I doesn't surprise me that you actually pay extra for groceries ordered on-line in Oz.

I guess it comes down to supply and demand and, cruicially, what they think they can screw the customer for.

I've not attempted on-line orders for groceries, it would not surprise me if they classed this as a foreign country and refused to serve the area.
there was an article on a Current Affair a few weeks ago about this very issue. Now I know it isn't exactly the cutting edge of journalism but there was no getting away from the fact that both Coles and Woolworths add at least a couple of dollars onto most items. The price you get in store is not the price online.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:48 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
there was an article on a Current Affair a few weeks ago about this very issue. Now I know it isn't exactly the cutting edge of journalism but there was no getting away from the fact that both Coles and Woolworths add at least a couple of dollars onto most items. The price you get in store is not the price online.
Yup, and anyone that thinks there is true 'competition' between the two is deluding themselves.

Dunno about a couple of dollars on everything though, I'll only pay so much for some pasta
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, and anyone that thinks there is true 'competition' between the two is deluding themselves.

Dunno about a couple of dollars on everything though, I'll only pay so much for some pasta
Oh be a man. Make your own.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:53 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oh be a man. Make your own.
Life is way too short ... I'm doing Shepherd's Pie tonight, a top winter warmer
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/retail/827...cery-challenge

Here you go, watch and learn.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 5:57 am
Mostly Harmless

You mean actually watch A Current Affair?

Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Thanks for that NB, wish I'd seen it before I ordered online, guess I'll just have to try not to browse...

Kiz

Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:25 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Down Down.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:28 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by IvanM
Down Down.
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Down Down.
Aggggghhhhhhhhh.

Mind you it's not as fricking annoying as the iPhone ad. That seriously does my head in and normally I can blank ads when they're on but that one made me come close to smashing the tv the other night.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:41 am

Good spoof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dUg...e_gdata_player
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

thats awful. You have ruined my day.

I am going to have to look now (another period of time I will never get back)

I always "click and collect" - with 3 young children I just dont get time and eat primarily local meat, fish and veg - so just get things on offer online and household goods. I was very proud of my savings but this may actually take the thrifty pride away.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:58 am

I think I have just provided an excellent case hoe negative karma.
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.