Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coles Mentone Selling Wispa Gold

Coles Mentone Selling Wispa Gold

Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Coles Mentone Selling Wispa Gold

Yes, my favourite chocky bar of all time has turned up in Mentone VIC, and not only that they have a huge POS dedicated to this fine chocolate bar. it is imported too so tastes like a wispa......What with my PG TiPs from Coles Southland its a great Monday morning...

What with Tesco's Lotus, Harvey Nichols, GAP and others planning on invading Australia soon, I hope some of the good shopping that all the MBTUK romantise about is soon available here.

As it said in the Fin Review last week, the retail companies in England and USA are turning their attentions on Australia, and ASIA as the main continent for growth in next 5-10 years as they see little growth in their own markets.

More choice, and better stuff, if Next come to Australia ill never need to go back to Blighty again, other than visit family of course

back to my original comment, Wispas rule !!!! I just ate a whole one in about 90 seconds....
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:18 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coles Mentone Selling Wispa Gold

Originally Posted by Sherro
Yes, my favourite chocky bar of all time has turned up in Mentone VIC, and not only that they have a huge POS dedicated to this fine chocolate bar. it is imported too so tastes like a wispa......What with my PG TiPs from Coles Southland its a great Monday morning...
Our local Coles had a huge tub of them - the checkout lady (a Geordie) was soooo excited to tell me they were imported and tasted 'like real chocolate'

I don't know about that, but Himself has sent me on a mission to buy up their stock
Old Jan 17th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

was SO excited when i saw them in COles Victoria Gardens, Richmond that i said a rude word out loud.

then bought half a dozen

delicious....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Sherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of lightSherro is a glorious beacon of light

yes, i wish i had an ounce of discipline when it came to chocolate. My girfriend is competing in a natural bodybuilding comp in May and has asked that i dont bring anything nice into the house, as she will be on tuna and veggies for 12 weeks. I am going to have to buy a box and dig a big pitt somewhere i think. cant take em to work they wont last a day..

i cant tell you the thrill i got eating it this morning, it was pure joy, i had forgotten how good chocolate can taste.....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:31 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

What a bunch of sad, hopeless cases, getting all excited about a bloody bar of chocolate.

I bought 6
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:16 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Coles Mentone Selling Wispa Gold

Originally Posted by Sherro
Yes, my favourite chocky bar of all time has turned up in Mentone VIC,

mmm Mentone is a happening place for this kind of thing - last week I went down to Scicluna's deli and spent $70 on Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

I think I may have to do the same next week..............

Buzzy
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:18 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

All over QLD too if folks are interested.....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:29 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
All over QLD too if folks are interested.....
not here in ****ing hicky Cleveland they aint :curse:
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, so excited by this. I bought one the other day and was so pleased to see a little sticker saying 'made in the UK'. I can have proper chocolate again Still can't belive how expensive chocolate bars are here though
Old Jan 18th 2010, 8:31 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beachlou
Yep, so excited by this. I bought one the other day and was so pleased to see a little sticker saying 'made in the UK'. I can have proper chocolate again Still can't belive how expensive chocolate bars are here though
My kids are loving the imported Chewits that Crazy Clarks have
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:21 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I found a little sweet shop in The Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore that does choc/sweets from abroad... had an English Cadbury's creme egg "twist" chocolate... was rather nice .. they also sell caramac and proper aeros..

Em x