Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cold War would seem to be back on...

Wikiposts

Cold War would seem to be back on...

Old Oct 16th 2007, 11:28 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cold War would seem to be back on...

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Yeah, the Bear is a beautiful aircraft, last of a generation, it really needed to get into a shot with the RAF's latest intercepter.

I didnt like the cold war so much, growing up within site of a nuclear dockyard led to a lot of sleepless nights as a child

the Backfire is another great Soviet era bird. I particularly like the little gun station tucked in the back, beneath the tail.

I remember going to Leningrad in 1989 on a school trip. There is a huge naval dockyard out on the coast, and there was some kind of aircraft carrier in dry dock. A Kiev class I think, the shape was all wrong to be a Moskva. Anyway, I started snapping away, and this huge Soviet soldier appeared from nowhere, stood in front of me brandishing his AKM and took my camera from me. He opened it up, stripped all the film out of it, then gave it back to me, waved his finger in a very scary way and simply said "Niet"

I don't think I will ever forget that.

S
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Bushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant futureBushman has a brilliant future

Don't care. We'll be in the bush with the roo's.

Originally Posted by annqldau
The Cold War would seem to be back on...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2673546.ece

Vladimir Putin pledges to complete Iranian nuclear reactor, hmmm, the world is going around in circles. Wonder who's side China is going to be on?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 12:37 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ex_exile
Its been back on for a while, ruskis have been flying probing missions to the edge of British airspace and being intercepted by the RAF regularly since July. This hasnt happened for many years aparently

http://www.presstv.ir/photo/20070822...2005544593.jpg
I get a stiffy just looking at pictures like that ... am I sick?

Part of me wants Peace, Love and Understanding and a secure future for my family and part just wants to get all that lovely machinery employed for the purpose that it was built for ... Bannnnnziiiiii!

I coded some of the flight control system for the Eurofighter, did I mention that? Be afraid if one flies over Chatham or Chelmsford 'cos I programmed it to DIVE!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 1:37 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe the Ruskies have decided that it's better to make friends with their neighbours rather than the nutso country that just wants to bomb people who won't kiss their ass.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:47 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Maybe the Ruskies have decided that it's better to make friends with their neighbours rather than the nutso country that just wants to bomb people who won't kiss their ass.
There's none of that in Pakistan I noticed this morning they had an internal bad dose of let's not play together today.

USA are shouting we are the only 'Super Power' left a tad too loud, this has got a lot of people thinking we'll see about that.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 7:57 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

The sooner Bush is outed the better.

Lets hope the Americans do it this time.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

There's none of that in Pakistan I noticed this morning they had an internal bad dose of let's not play together today.

USA are shouting we are the only 'Super Power' left a tad too loud, this has got a lot of people thinking we'll see about that.

Personally speaking, combined with a tad of Tooheys bullsheet aid, The Ruskies would be about the last people on the Planet I would l like to see the UK have a skirmish with. Deep down I think the people of the UK have a lot of respect for the toughness of the Russians, and Ive a feeling that feeling is mutually reciprocated straight back.

So lets hope the powers that be sort it.... Cant yeild to them, but a bit more politcal distance from America may be the go.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Kapri
The sooner Bush is outed the better.

Lets hope the Americans do it this time.
The Black Bloke doesn't seem shy of a fight either if he gets in it may be just as bad.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:03 pm
Account Closed

None of what in Pakistan?

Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:06 pm

Playing nice together...

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:07 pm

I loved the Pakistan ambulances they were so white van man, nothing in them except the injured person low tech seemed to be order of the day.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

I read about the trouble this morning. It's very sad.

I wasn't sure whether you meant that there was not much friendliness or not much kissing ass.

Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:56 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

The Black Bloke doesn't seem shy of a fight either if he gets in it may be just as bad.
You mean Obama? Hopefully is all talk to get his arse elected but the yanks seem to be going through a war mongering phase. Puttie poot told them to stay the hell off of Iran and get their butts out of Iraq this morning so the sabres they are a rattlin' on both sides
Old Oct 18th 2007, 8:59 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Lets hope Hilary wins then
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:19 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Cold War would seem to be back on...

Originally Posted by Kapri
Lets hope Hilary wins then
Thats the best we can hope for? I guess it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.