Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Coburg and ethnicity

Coburg and ethnicity

Old Nov 8th 2011, 9:03 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coburg and ethnicity

Originally Posted by papilon
Yeah Aviv is deff a take away joint unless you like hanging out with the blue rinse crowd, and i only buy there cakes and bagels. By the way, Aviv doesn't close for shabbat.
Doesn't it? I have never seen it open on a Saturday when I've been past

The cakes and pastries are amazing. I work at one of the Jewish schools and they often have a buffet supplied by AVIV
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Doesn't it? I have never seen it open on a Saturday when I've been past

The cakes and pastries are amazing. I work at one of the Jewish schools and they often have a buffet supplied by AVIV
Well if i am not working it is my job on a saturday to go and buy cakes and bagels from Aviv and then make the wife a nice coffee in bed so i can assure you they are open
Old Nov 9th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Last weekend we were over in Thornbury looking at some houses, came across this old Italian cake shop called MONTICELLO,on 835 High St, run by an old Italian couple way over 60 and they have had the business for 40+ years. The old bint was so incredibly sweet and we must have chatted with her for nearly 20 mins. we got her to select a range of her handmade biscuits, a box full for $6 and bloody hell they were fantastic. This is one of those businesses that dies when the owner dies so if your passing along High St Thornbury anytime go in an see a true Melbourne institution.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Last weekend we were over in Thornbury looking at some houses, came across this old Italian cake shop called MONTICELLO,on 835 High St, run by an old Italian couple way over 60 and they have had the business for 40+ years. The old bint was so incredibly sweet and we must have chatted with her for nearly 20 mins. we got her to select a range of her handmade biscuits, a box full for $6 and bloody hell they were fantastic. This is one of those businesses that dies when the owner dies so if your passing along High St Thornbury anytime go in an see a true Melbourne institution.

I have a Aussie friend that married into an Italian family that has opened a business solely on learning her Father in Laws methods and recipes for antipasto mixes and sauces. It's quite a going concern with a shop front and preperation area in Murray rd Preston. None of her Husbands brothers wanted to take part in the business, consequently they never learnt the methods. The real interesting part was none of the methods were written down so she had to just sit and watch how he made each individual product... IE: half a handful of this... a pinch of that etc etc, which she managed to quantify, prepare, test and put to paper. Love going to BBQ's when she is doing some food.
Old Nov 9th 2011, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

and then make the wife a nice coffee in bed
Now there's an idea...