Are cliques ok?

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all
Default Re: Are cliques ok?

I think this forum is just a reflection of real life with some generally good people and some absolutely horrid people. My wife will occasionally look at this forum but won't post because of the sheer nastiness she has seen, especially in regards to nationality.

But there are some wonderful people on this forum and I have received some amazing information.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:49 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satch_Boogie
but won't post because of the sheer nastiness she has seen, especially in regards to nationality.
I'm sure sometimes people are reading a different forum to me. But then, heck, I think some people live in some alternate Australia to me as well.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

Satch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to allSatch_Boogie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'm sure sometimes people are reading a different forum to me. But then, heck, I think some people live in some alternate Australia to me as well.
You must have missed the numerous I hate Americans threads and the threads about how stupid Yanks are.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:52 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
I'm in the same imperfect but wonderful Australia
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Oh no!!! Not the 'C' word!!

I mentioned it once and was absolutely slaughtered by a very touchy POM!! The very reason I stopped trying to help newbies...

It can be perceived as cliquey ( as previously stated ) and sometimes it really is.. End of!!

(And I have really found it amusing that since that episode one of the posters who slagged me for still being on expats trying to organise stuff is back on expats...trying to organise stuff !!Karma!!... Nuff said!! )
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:44 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I'm in the same imperfect but wonderful Australia
I am in the same imperfect Australia.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Oh it tis!!

Sometimes ya love it, sometimes ya dont!!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satch_Boogie
You must have missed the numerous I hate Americans threads and the threads about how stupid Yanks are.
Well, stay in the Aussie part & don't read them!

Mind you, you can then read all the 'I hate Aussies, their accents & why are they all so stupid!' threads instead!

I think it is fascinating that there are such varied opinions on everything & some will be extreme, that's life!

With regard to cliques, as has been said before, when posters have been around a while, there will be in-jokes etc but get posting & join in, the more the merrier!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:58 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
I am in the same imperfect Australia.
I have left imperfect , wonderful Britain to come here. Are any countries anything else?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:03 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Oh it tis!!

Sometimes ya love it, sometimes ya dont!!
I'm too self absorbed to give a clack about clicks with more time on their hands (read back with red wine to understand my verb descriptive of cliqueys)