Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cleaning a leather lounge or 3

Cleaning a leather lounge or 3

Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cleaning a leather lounge or 3

Don't know what possessed the woman to buy 3 CREAM LEATHER LOUNGES (that's a different story however) but even tho' not used very often after 2 years they've finally succumb to the scuff marks and dirty feet (mine ) which is becoming more noticeable Er indoors has tried the usual sprays etc to no avail so before ascertaining the professionals at big $$$$$ i should imagine i'm hoping that maybe there's someone out there who's managed to restore theirs back to nearly new Any ideas most welcome thanks as long as they're guaranteed not to destroy the leather
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleaning a leather lounge or 3

Originally Posted by bobbyftm View Post
Don't know what possessed the woman to buy 3 CREAM LEATHER LOUNGES (that's a different story however) but even tho' not used very often after 2 years they've finally succumb to the scuff marks and dirty feet (mine ) which is becoming more noticeable Er indoors has tried the usual sprays etc to no avail so before ascertaining the professionals at big $$$$$ i should imagine i'm hoping that maybe there's someone out there who's managed to restore theirs back to nearly new Any ideas most welcome thanks as long as they're guaranteed not to destroy the leather
Go into a leather sofa shop and they should have 'proper' cleaner stuff you can buy. Hopefully anyway. Got to laugh at cream leather though. I look at stuff like that in shops and always wonder who on earth would buy it. Now I know.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Go into a leather sofa shop and they should have 'proper' cleaner stuff you can buy. Hopefully anyway. Got to laugh at cream leather though. I look at stuff like that in shops and always wonder who on earth would buy it. Now I know.

Moi

Someone actually told me it was pretty easy to keep clean, just wipe with damp cloth, yeah right.

Ive yet to find any commercial cleaner that does anything except take the colour off, yep even cream/white changes colour if you clean/rub them.

Luckily the rest of the lounge rooms have Ikea, shove it in the washing machine covers

Teens reckon in summer leather is the worst thing, sweaty people stick to it and when you get up its like ripping your skin off
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Might be cheaper to

A.Leave Linda.
B.Move house.
C.Drink more beer and forget about it.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 7:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

D. Wash your feet more often
E. Get a throw and cover it up.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Nail Varnish remover removes pen, scuff marks, die from jeans from cream leather sofas.

I stupidly bought 2 cream leathers, and the nail varnish remover has been used more than Id like to admit (blame the scruffy teens and small child).
Put a small amount on a cloth and wipe over gently will bring back the original light colour.

Although Id test on hidden bit. But Ive cleaned the whole thing and it came back like new.

Only on cream/white sofas not other colours.

Gems
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

i clean leather lounges and they are easy to do just time consuming...if you are willing to spend about $80 then you can do it yourself and have plenty of product to clean them yearly for the next 5 years..from memory your in brisbane if so i get my product sent to me from a company called the carpet cleaners wharehouse in geebung,...you need a horse hair brush..a couple of clean toewls to wipe away the shampoo.....and a nice lint free cloth to apply the conditioner.....the brand of product i use is from research products and all you need is their shampoo and conditioner...the guys at the store will explain the products to you and follow the instructions. a tip is to use hot water with the shampoo and clean in a circular motion with the horse hair brush...good luck....quill
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:37 am
Excessively Diverted

Luthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond reputeLuthien has a reputation beyond repute

When we bought our leather couches years ago they recommended we buy cleaning and conditioning goods from our local Horseland. They have lots of products for leather saddlery

I use the glycerine soap, quick and easy and it has lasted years. Also have a milk like conditioning cream. It has worked out to be much more economical than buying similar from the supermarket.

http://http://www.horseland.com.au/h...ddle-soap.html
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Marleys Ghost will become famous soon enoughMarleys Ghost will become famous soon enough

I agree with the visit to Horseland or a similar type of store

Our leather sofas, brought with us from UK and now 19 years old, are still clean and ageing wonderfully.

I use a damp lint free sponge/cloth weekly to pick up dust, and once every couple of months use leather cleaning products from 'horse/riding' shops to deep clean and feed the leather.

Finish off with a wax rub and a 'buff up' with a lint free cloth (I use a glassware tea towel), and your sofa will live longer than you probably

Way back, when a little 'angel friend' of my daughters got marker pen on my previous leather sofas I resorted to nail varnish remover. It did remove the marker but also the colour

I had to 'treat' my two lovely sofas with the nail varnish remover so that they were all the same colour after getting rid of a 6 inch mark on one cushion. I sold them after that

That said, it might be okay for light coloured leather.

MG

Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
When we bought our leather couches years ago they recommended we buy cleaning and conditioning goods from our local Horseland. They have lots of products for leather saddlery

I use the glycerine soap, quick and easy and it has lasted years. Also have a milk like conditioning cream. It has worked out to be much more economical than buying similar from the supermarket.

http://http://www.horseland.com.au/h...ddle-soap.html
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

For a quick clean I use baby wipes on mine, works a treat
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Nothing wrong with cream leather lounge suite......just marry a wife who is a cleaning nazi and there are no probs!!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

For an eco friendly version go to Shannon Lush's website- you'll have to google her. she has amazing tips for cleaning: I use her one for getting rid of mould which is far more effective than all the shop chemicals, and much pleasanter to smell!
Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toe Dipper View Post
Nothing wrong with cream leather lounge suite......just marry a wife who is a cleaning nazi and there are no probs!!

Could she come over now, I woke up to find 3 teens asleep on the couch, grungy sneakers, hangover breath, pizza boxes.....
Old Apr 21st 2012, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the tips folks I will get er indoors to put them into use