Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future
Default Re: Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Originally Posted by 22B
And I was on 15-to-1 so have actually shaken hands with the incomparable William G Stewart. Beat that.
How about George Clooney? was touring America, went to have breakfast at open air restaurant overlooking a big canyon then Mountains in the background, George was in the queue in front of me, handed me a menu and smiled, said "here you go", I have never been the same since, I swear that guy is so much better looking in real life

Dizzy
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dizzydame
How about George Clooney? was touring America, went to have breakfast at open air restaurant overlooking a big canyon then Mountains in the background, George was in the queue in front of me, handed me a menu and smiled, said "here you go", I have never been the same since, I swear that guy is so much better looking in real life

Dizzy
Did you keep the menu?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by CharleneG
So not crime watch then?
No, Dorsets most wanted
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Did you keep the menu?
No, was in such a tizzy, all I could think about was I got to text my daughters and tell them and I couldn't get a signal, took me 3 days to recover from the shock.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 2:22 am
Wirral to Lake Macquarie

andy170773 is an unknown quantity at this point

used to work in a posh dentist in chester, and whitened steven gerrards teeth and his now wifes alex curran, also danny murphy and joanna taylor (ex liverpool player and ex- hollyoaks actress!!) first 2 were lovely!! will say no more on the others!! and an dentist i worked for years ago lived next door to david james, the england goalie, and he gave me a lift to the bus stop once!!!
Old Apr 9th 2008, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by andy170773
used to work in a posh dentist in chester, and whitened steven gerrards teeth and his now wifes alex curran, also danny murphy and joanna taylor (ex liverpool player and ex- hollyoaks actress!!) first 2 were lovely!! will say no more on the others!! and an dentist i worked for years ago lived next door to david james, the england goalie, and he gave me a lift to the bus stop once!!!
My best mate went out with Kate Garraway's brother.
My kids shared the "touch pool" at Sydney aquarium with Russell Crowe's son
Nigel Havers used to drink in the pub where I worked.....
Old Apr 9th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Rachel69 will become famous soon enoughRachel69 will become famous soon enough

When i was a kid i did, dance, singing and drama classes with Patsy Kensit.
Old Apr 9th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Bono once said to me,"If you don't f**k off my minders will break your back"

(*Tip: NEVER ask Bono to lend you money whilst he's eating)
So much for Make poverty history!
Old Apr 13th 2008, 10:51 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
And more importantly you went to school with me!
yes thats true.

My little brother is doing the family tree and Toyah Wilcox is my third cousin
Old Apr 13th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

I don't know if they count, but I've met loads of politicians: Kevin Rudd, Peter Beattie, Kim Beazley, Anna Bligh plus misc Ministers and MPs. This is all through being an ALP member and a member of anti-racist groups.
I've also met a few top trade union people.

One of my lecturers when I was at university is a broadcaster on ABC radio - Roly Sussex.

That's about it - never met anyone glamorous.

Oh, forgot to mention it: my son met Prince Harry: he had to accompany him to a rugby match in his (my son's)capacity as a young army reserve officer. He also met Quentin Bryce through the army.

Last edited by JoanL; Apr 13th 2008 at 12:37 pm.