Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

Old Apr 8th 2008, 6:54 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Claim to Fames or Brushes with Celebrity

I bought Andre Joubert (South African rugby full back) a JD & Coke at a seedy Durban nightclub. Awesome. Would have liked to have talked to him but it was too loud, I was three sheets and he seemed more interested in ladies fashions. Oh well...

Also the Wellington Blues rugby team, including the legendary Sean Fitzpatrick, made way for my poorly FIL at the queue for breakfast at the Crown Plaza, also in Durban. Thank you gentlemen.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I was waiting for a flight at Dublin airport, asked little bloke standing around if business class had been called forward yet...then some girls asked him for his autograph. It was Ronan Keating and I never recognised him as he was about 5ft nothing.

Met Queen Mum teetering in her huge platform heeled shoes- miserable old bat she was.

Used to see Richard Harris along the Strand- always used to say hello, as I thought I knew him - and guess he thought he knew me!

Angie Dickinson chatted to me in the ladies loos at a theatre- she definitely wanted to be recognised so I pretended I did not know she was an actress...I am so mean.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:21 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

I've got loads me

Sat on Fern Brittons lap when I was in the Brownies on live tv for Telethon

Whent to school with Pete Docherty and Duncan James (boyband Blue)

My best mates boyfriend used to live with Clive Owen ok so thats not mine but its Clive Owen
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:12 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Bono once said to me,"If you don't f**k off my minders will break your back"

(*Tip: NEVER ask Bono to lend you money whilst he's eating)
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:01 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Whent to school with Pete Docherty and Duncan James (boyband Blue)
And more importantly you went to school with me!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:35 pm
Kate,Mark,Jack and Scott

sunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to allsunny somers is a name known to all

I've met Sir Trevor McDoughnut and Chris Tarrent when I was 7, Tarrent gave me a kiss and I was so upset, it took me ages to get over it.
kate
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sunny somers
I've met Sir Trevor McDoughnut and Chris Tarrent when I was 7, Tarrent gave me a kiss and I was so upset, it took me ages to get over it.
kate
there you go kissing younger girls always leads to trouble.
mind you his ex is now pretty well off!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 2:09 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Went to school with Ian Curtis, and the Macc Lads.
2nd cousin lives with Jeremy Paxman
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

I gave the Queen mother flowers, and did a little curtsy I practiced that for hours in front of the mirror

I followed Angela Rippon as a child until she told us to leave her alone, she was on holiday and trying to be incognito.

I spoke to Don Johnson on the phone once(blond one from original miami vice series), I told him to get of the phone and let me speak to my cousin, thought it was a joke. Turned out he was mates with my uncle.

oh and my claim to fame I was on the news tele three weeks ago (local news community stuff) but it was the tv.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Bag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant futureBag End Bunch has a brilliant future

At a pro-celebrity golf tournament in the 1980s I gave an apple to Terry Wogan and Ronnie Corbett. I also pointed author Leslie Thomas the right way to the bar.

I spoke to Noel Edmonds on the phone (my husband wrote some music for the Crinkly Bottom theme park).
And my brother in law worked with Bernard Hill (Titanic and Lord of the Rings actor) and he got his autograph for me!

Alex
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 22B
You shouldn't be laughing, because he was definitely dream-cheating on you, love - he is excellent in the sack, I can tell you!! But then I was also cheating on him with Robbie, so.....

As for real brushes, we have inadvertently moved into a street where our neighbours-across-the-road-and-down-one has Natalie Imbruglia for a cousin! WooHoo!!

And I was on 15-to-1 so have actually shaken hands with the incomparable William G Stewart. Beat that.
Did you win?

I don't mind sharing David with you
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:00 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

when I lived in manchester I sometimes did "extra" work for extra money.

i was in Brassed Off with Pete Postlethwait, Ewen McGregor and tara fitzgerald. ewen mcgregor was sooo lovely.

i also did Jakes Progress with Julie Walters and robert Lindsay.

When i was a dancer, i met lots of people from bookside, coronation street.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by flodsfive

oh and my claim to fame I was on the news tele three weeks ago (local news community stuff) but it was the tv.
So not crime watch then?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:09 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Did you win?

I don't mind sharing David with you

Nah - I was only 19!!!

But he said it's me he loves!!!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:13 pm
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by egghead4

i was in Brassed Off with Pete Postlethwait, Ewen McGregor and tara fitzgerald. ewen mcgregor was sooo lovely.
OOh! My BF worked on Brassed Off, something in the crew. Emily, blonde - I was going to say 'do you know her?', but then I realised that description fits half the girls in the meeja.....

she said Pete was (allegedly) half-cut for the whole shoot.......

Last edited by 22B; Apr 8th 2008 at 10:13 pm. Reason: sp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.