Christmas Giving

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas Giving

Not the presents... Me me me me me Giving.... The other kind... The kind of giving Christmas is really about....

The being nice to MILs kind of giving... The working on Christmas day coz you're a nurse or a police officer or a fire fighter, natural Disaster management kind of person....

What are you doing this year to make Christmas special for others?

Me? Not being frontline anymore I won't be working, but my contribution will be drinking enough alcohol to take the edge off of "me" without drinking so much that I become unconscious BEFORE the dinner is dished up...

See... Self sacrifice of the highest order....

What are you Giving to others this Christmas?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:12 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Giving

Originally Posted by eddie007
Not the presents... Me me me me me Giving.... The other kind... The kind of giving Christmas is really about....

The being nice to MILs kind of giving... The working on Christmas day coz you're a nurse or a police officer or a fire fighter, natural Disaster management kind of person....

What are you doing this year to make Christmas special for others?

Me? Not being frontline anymore I won't be working, but my contribution will be drinking enough alcohol to take the edge off of "me" without drinking so much that I become unconscious BEFORE the dinner is dished up...

See... Self sacrifice of the highest order....

What are you Giving to others this Christmas?
Something that is perhaps a bit too personal for a public forum. It's been a while since my birthday.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Something that is perhaps a bit too personal for a public forum. It's been a while since my birthday.
So you're going to be giving everyone the hump eh?
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In the ULTIMATE sacrifice I shall be sharing my Jim Reeves christmas collection with the neighbours .... Last year they were kind enough to share their Pipes of the Royal Highlanders record with us ALL FRICKIN CHRISTMAS... Sadly the bellowing tones of MIL drowned out a lot of it....

Having Technomad speakers installed on the new patio so they don't miss out
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing. I'm going to get rat arsed and lie pished all day with my santa hat on whilst blowing one of those awful party blow out things.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Nothing. I'm going to get rat arsed and lie pished all day with my santa hat on whilst blowing one of those awful party blow out things.
So you're going to be doing EVERYONE a favour....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 2:50 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

So you're going to be doing EVERYONE a favour....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Giving the young spark the opportunity to waste the whole day playing PS3 / Xbox since I'm working O/T nights Christmas Eve and Christmas Day cos I love my company and the O/T rate has nothing to do with it

Then I shall give all the family the opportunity to eat a little more turkey and xmas pud on Boxing day whilst trying to stay awake from said overtime
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

As a prelude to the festive activities I shall be giving HIM a piece of my tongue if he doesn't progress further than wales vs Australia match in the Christmas decorating stakes....

Funny, I found him in exactly the same position I left him in nearly an hour ago when I went off to the cricket..... In front of the goggle box....

Makes mental note to have moved the crate of beer that has miraculously appeared next to the LAZY BOY....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm currently locked in combat with our manager over who is working Christmas. One of the staff rostered on has two small kids (under 8 type small) and has begged and pleaded all year not to work Christmas.
I have no kids and have a roster with 5 days off and nothing to flippin do with the time off but they won't let us swap. I'd gladly give up the time off to do the shifts so she can spend time with the kids.

Really makes me cross, back home we used to shuffle things around on the rosters so people with kids got the maximum time off, here we are begging and grovelling and I still doubt we will win in the end.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:33 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm currently locked in combat with our manager over who is working Christmas. One of the staff rostered on has two small kids (under 8 type small) and has begged and pleaded all year not to work Christmas.
I have no kids and have a roster with 5 days off and nothing to flippin do with the time off but they won't let us swap. I'd gladly give up the time off to do the shifts so she can spend time with the kids.

Really makes me cross, back home we used to shuffle things around on the rosters so people with kids got the maximum time off, here we are begging and grovelling and I still doubt we will win in the end.
Does seem a little unfair - when mine were younger, I always used to swap with a colleague so I never worked christmas, and he never worked New Year - sorted and no issues
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Devils advocate time.....

I worked in a department where ONE person with "children" would spend the ENTIRE month before Christmas trying to find out what leave anyone had so she could then bully, guilt trip and manipulate them into swapping with her so she got Christmas AND new year at home with them..... Then she would sweetly present to management a fait acomplis.... To be honest I got sucked in the first year and let her have my Christmas time off... But some one gave me the heads up about her history and the next year took the line... I've applied for some leave but I don't know what I'm getting yet..... Every time she interacted with me I got the same grilling and was put under the same pressure..... I still didn't get Christmas day off, but I held on to what precious little time I was given....

Nurses are the worst for giving in and doing the "right thing" at their own family's expense....

Sometimes management implement policies like is over popular holiday periods to prevent this happening.....
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:48 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be giving my husband and offspring a nice peaceful Christmas at home while his ex wife (and her parents), once again, spend Christmas with his family.

Apparently they have difficulty with the notion that when a man gets divorced it means he doesn't want down time with his ex.

(And no, I wasn't the scarlet woman.)
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 5:50 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

So you're going to be giving everyone the hump eh?
No, I'll leave that to the dog.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 6:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Devils advocate time.....

I worked in a department where ONE person with "children" would spend the ENTIRE month before Christmas trying to find out what leave anyone had so she could then bully, guilt trip and manipulate them into swapping with her so she got Christmas AND new year at home with them..... Then she would sweetly present to management a fait acomplis.... To be honest I got sucked in the first year and let her have my Christmas time off... But some one gave me the heads up about her history and the next year took the line... I've applied for some leave but I don't know what I'm getting yet..... Every time she interacted with me I got the same grilling and was put under the same pressure..... I still didn't get Christmas day off, but I held on to what precious little time I was given....

Nurses are the worst for giving in and doing the "right thing" at their own family's expense....

Sometimes management implement policies like is over popular holiday periods to prevent this happening.....
Yeah I can see your point. However its well known at work that I am always available to do the Christmas stuff and WANT to do it - so they know there's no guilt/coercion involved. And the person concerned has offered to do New Year shifts instead so someone else can be off to party.
They've got so many issues with dis-satisfied staff for various reasons that you'd think they would listen to us occasionally

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.