Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Christmas 2013 thread

The Christmas 2013 thread

Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Christmas 2013 thread

Originally Posted by Kapri
I love, love, love Christmas!
This will be my first Aussie one so will have to look at some starting some new traditions.
Will you have to work over Christmas at all Kapri?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 6:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

DONT MENTION CHRISTMAS

mil

Nuffield said
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Our house now officially smells like Christmas, cake is in the oven and my son is covered in flour and has just cleaned out the mixing bowl

We also do a nice ice cream version of Christmas pudding with layers of ice cream and fruits plus more booze.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:38 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I'm anticipating a complete family Christmas gathering for the first time in many years with my UK based brother and family coming out for a Christmas holiday. I have already bought and put away one of those Heston orange christmas pudding thingo's (there's no way I could make one of them.)
I bought one because my husband wanted one, but I'm also going to have a go at making one. The orange takes days to candy so the slow cooker and 3 kg sugar are coming out this week.
Originally Posted by Jon77
Our house now officially smells like Christmas, cake is in the oven and my son is covered in flour and has just cleaned out the mixing bowl

We also do a nice ice cream version of Christmas pudding with layers of ice cream and fruits plus more booze.
That sounds lovely Jon. My son used to love to help me cook when he was little.

I think most of the reason I don't like Christmas anymore is that my kids are grown now and its too hot here for all the lovely traditions. Oh, and my family are on the other side of the world
Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I bought one because my husband wanted one, but I'm also going to have a go at making one. The orange takes days to candy so the slow cooker and 3 kg sugar are coming out this week.

That sounds lovely Jon. My son used to love to help me cook when he was little.

I think most of the reason I don't like Christmas anymore is that my kids are grown now and its too hot here for all the lovely traditions. Oh, and my family are on the other side of the world
I didn't particularly like Christmas until my son came along 6 years ago and I rediscovered it all again. Loved going to his pre school carol things and now school Christmas events. Just enjoying it whilst he is young.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 8:59 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77

Ooh I love Christmas, that sounds amazing.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:49 am
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went into Bunnings today and they have all the garden electrical ornaments already! Coles and Woolies have Christmas puds and cakes......for goodness sake its only October!!!!
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:57 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I'm looking forward to my first Oz Christmas

I've got to work the actually day but my DD is bringing my grandson to Australia for most of December
Originally Posted by rasen78
That's lovely. My kids loved feeding the cake. I used to make 2 or 3 for gifts and family. No point now cos I'm the only one who eats it here
Originally Posted by brissybee
I'm anticipating a complete family Christmas gathering for the first time in many years with my UK based brother and family coming out for a Christmas holiday. I have already bought and put away one of those Heston orange christmas pudding thingo's (there's no way I could make one of them.)
Originally Posted by Kapri
I love, love, love Christmas!
This will be my first Aussie one so will have to look at some starting some new traditions.
Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ooh I love Christmas, that sounds amazing.
That's more like it!

my OH is working Christmas and Boxing day so will celebrate with our Canberra "family". After that we're hoping to have our in laws over for a couple of days and maybe go on a few outings down to the coast, etc.

Must try making a Christmas cake this year, not had one of those for a while. Back in the UK an elderly family friend used to make one for us every year without us even asking her to. Her cakes were really good traditional ones
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Made my cake in September- well it needs 3 months to get thoroughly boozy.
Have also made most of the cards now, and got in a plum pudding for OH and DD. None for me this year due to the fact that I'm gluten free by necessity, but I did find a tiny GF pud in Woolies which I have snaffled- that was also in September, but if you don't get GF stuff the moment you see it, then it goes forever. I am really going to miss stollen though- haven't seen any at all that is Gf.

I do not, however feel Christmassy- DD has her IB exams in November, and I can't really think about it until they are all done.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:00 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
nope
Love the photo

Does he take after granny?
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Chortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of lightChortlepuss is a glorious beacon of light

ALDI has everything you need for Xmas. Last year I started my hidden Xmas goody stash early but the kids found it and ate it all
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:23 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

There's gonna be 16 of us at ours on Xmas day - love it.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:29 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
ALDI has everything you need for Xmas. Last year I started my hidden Xmas goody stash early but the kids found it and ate it all
My daughter is bringing choccies over - oldest son still working for Mars
Old Oct 27th 2013, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I shall be working nights

Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:17 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Ikea is now selling xmas stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.