Childrens Braces

Old Jan 23rd 2014, 3:13 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Childrens Braces

Yip both my boys need braces and we have been quoted about $12k for both. Seems ridic.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
I know, we were the same and had no idea that teeth do seem to have mind of their own... makes you wonder why we are paying the $7k in the first place if they are just going to go back to where they came from without the permanent wire..we were told the youngest would have to have it on for 6 years afterwards... apparently you can't feel it... makes you wonder how we survived on the NHS dental scheme when we were kids...
My youngest got his brace put in before Christmas.The difference already is amazing.His teeth were all over the place.It is a lot of money but so far it is worth it.I wish it was cheaper but its not but what can you do.The wire behind the teeth is very small.I had one in years ago in the Uk.I pulled it out because it was sticking out and wished I hadn't.Should have gone to a dentist here and had it sorted.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 8:03 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain to me how they can cost $6000? Fortunately our kids teeth are all going where they should and braces dont seem necessary anymore.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Can someone explain to me how they can cost $6000? Fortunately our kids teeth are all going where they should and braces dont seem necessary anymore.
Why does anything cost what it does? You're paying for the Orthodontist's expertise of using the right brace in the right way, you're paying for a minimum two/three years of regular checkups and alterations. It's a load of money but divide it down to the number of appointments you may have in that two plus years and it's not quite so bad. Most Orthodontists do a payment plan which lessens the pain.

The girls Ortho is brilliant, he found the greatest surgeon for their surgery, worked very closely with him in order to get the best outcome for them and has done amazing work on their mouths over the past few years. He's more than earned the money we've paid him imo. However we've probably had way more service from him than most people who just have braces to straighten out a few teeth.

First Born had her treatment started five or so years ago and still has six monthly check ups covered by that initial $5,500 and Tiddler will still be seeing him for the next three years or so. The fact they can both eat is priceless.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Why does anything cost what it does? You're paying for the Orthodontist's expertise of using the right brace in the right way, you're paying for a minimum two/three years of regular checkups and alterations. It's a load of money but divide it down to the number of appointments you may have in that two plus years and it's not quite so bad. Most Orthodontists do a payment plan which lessens the pain.

The girls Ortho is brilliant, he found the greatest surgeon for their surgery, worked very closely with him in order to get the best outcome for them and has done amazing work on their mouths over the past few years. He's more than earned the money we've paid him imo. However we've probably had way more service from him than most people who just have braces to straighten out a few teeth.

First Born had her treatment started five or so years ago and still has six monthly check ups covered by that initial $5,500 and Tiddler will still be seeing him for the next three years or so. The fact they can both eat is priceless.
Exactly.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:16 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

No, just dont see it myself. I guess it is why orthodonists drive Porsches
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 9:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

He can drive what he likes, not going to hold his lifestyle against him, he's highly qualified, he's got the skill to enable my daughters to eat so like I said, priceless. I'm guessing his hourly rate is a fraction of a solicitor.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 11:25 am
Banned

I didnt say I held it against him. If he can get away with it then why not.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good for him.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
He can drive what he likes, not going to hold his lifestyle against him, he's highly qualified, he's got the skill to enable my daughters to eat so like I said, priceless. I'm guessing his hourly rate is a fraction of a solicitor.
One of my daughters friends has had a brace in.The difference in her confidence is amazing.Her teeth look great and she looks beautiful.Well worth it.
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 12:23 pm
Banned

Yes braces can make a huge difference not just on your appearance but your overall confidence.
Old Jan 27th 2014, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Yes braces can make a huge difference not just on your appearance but your overall confidence.
Yep, you don't notice normal teeth but we all know somebody around our age that doesn't have a great teeth... unfortunately it is one of the first things you notice... my sons teeth are looking great now and his confidence has gone through the roof... well worth the money. The guy who looks after my sons teeth works a lot with the royal childrens hospital and does lots of cleft palates etc so he knows his stuff.. great guy. They do have a payment plan so it's not too bad, up at Redcliffe if anybody needs their number.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macy
Yep, you don't notice normal teeth but we all know somebody around our age that doesn't have a great teeth... unfortunately it is one of the first things you notice... my sons teeth are looking great now and his confidence has gone through the roof... well worth the money. The guy who looks after my sons teeth works a lot with the royal childrens hospital and does lots of cleft palates etc so he knows his stuff.. great guy. They do have a payment plan so it's not too bad, up at Redcliffe if anybody needs their number.
Unless teeth are shocking or unhygienic I think perfect teeth and confidence is a bit overkill. But I can understand a teenager playing the percentages worrying. My teeth aren't great but it has never been an incisive issue...
Old Jan 28th 2014, 8:26 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

We both think our daughters teeth are fine, our daughter thinks her teeth are fine, but our dentist recommends braces. We are convinced that in this case it's just a way for him to get more income. Well he can bugger off and con someone else.

If a child needs braces, then fair enough they need braces - but as an extra source of income for the dentist, that's almost criminal.