Chemotherapy

Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chemotherapy

Glad to hear you got the all clear Caroline!

Relief......!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 12:37 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Third round finished - halfway there now
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Third round finished - halfway there now
Ah how is doing? X

Originally Posted by koalakim
Glad to hear you got the all clear Caroline!

Relief......!
I second that, great news x
Old Oct 30th 2014, 1:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
Ah how is doing? X
Now that she's got over the pneumonia, she's doing great thanks Daisy. The drugs for her first 3 rounds took 3 hours each time to deliver via IV, it'll only take an hour and a half for the last three rounds.

She has a month break after her last chemo, then it's radiotherapy every day for 6 weeks. She'll be ready for a holiday then!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Daisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond reputeDaisytreadlight has a reputation beyond repute

Now that she's got over the pneumonia, she's doing great thanks Daisy. The drugs for her first 3 rounds took 3 hours each time to deliver via IV, it'll only take an hour and a half for the last three rounds.

She has a month break after her last chemo, then it's radiotherapy every day for 6 weeks. She'll be ready for a holiday then!
Good to hear she is doing well she will sail through the rest xx
Old Oct 30th 2014, 2:03 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Daisytreadlight
Good to hear she is doing well she will sail through the rest xx
Cheers Daisy xx
Old Oct 30th 2014, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Pleased that things are back on track. Hope she gets to go somewhere nice!!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:34 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Pleased that things are back on track. Hope she gets to go somewhere nice!!
Thanks Caroline. She's been going to a tiny village on Crete every year (sometimes twice a year) for the last decade, so that's where she's headed asap!

We're quite different that way, I like to travel to new places all the time, whereas my sister couldn't be happier in her little corner of Crete. She's become really good friends with the family that runs the taverna and hotel, and has even learned to speak Greek (it's all Greek to me)

She doesn't know it yet, but I still have some US Airways frequent flyer points, courtesy of bcworld sharing the information - I'm going to book her return business class flights to Athens :-)

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 30th 2014 at 9:36 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Spouse.
What a lovely thing for you to do for her regarding the business class flights she's so lucky to have you, you know.
In fact, I wish I had a sister like you...... Or even just a sister, that'd be a start.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 11:13 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Great news Spouse.
What a lovely thing for you to do for her regarding the business class flights she's so lucky to have you, you know.
In fact, I wish I had a sister like you...... Or even just a sister, that'd be a start.
We'll adopt you. There are already 4 of us, what's one more?

That was a lovely thing to say Molly, but honestly, Di would do exactly the same for me (or any of us) in a heartbeat. She's the oldest, and is the kindest most caring person. In fact, the thing she's struggled with most since her diagnosis is accepting help.

Funny thing about sisters, when we were teens we used to row regularly, but now that we're all over 40 we're such good friends. I know I'm lucky to have them.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

We'll adopt you. There are already 4 of us, what's one more?

That was a lovely thing to say Molly, but honestly, Di would do exactly the same for me (or any of us) in a heartbeat. She's the oldest, and is the kindest most caring person. In fact, the thing she's struggled with most since her diagnosis is accepting help.

Funny thing about sisters, when we were teens we used to row regularly, but now that we're all over 40 we're such good friends. I know I'm lucky to have them.
You are so lucky to be close to your family. Now my dad is dead there is no one I'm close to. I would not choose to be friends/communicate with my sister if we were not related, although I admire what she did for dad. My brother doesn't communicate at all, and after half an hour in the same room as my mum I want to scream and run away. I get on better with MIL than anyone in my family.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 10:25 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
You are so lucky to be close to your family. Now my dad is dead there is no one I'm close to. I would not choose to be friends/communicate with my sister if we were not related, although I admire what she did for dad. My brother doesn't communicate at all, and after half an hour in the same room as my mum I want to scream and run away. I get on better with MIL than anyone in my family.
Who we get as family members is so random. isn't it? It really is a 'luck of the draw' thing. I think the best thing about having family you get on with is the comfort of knowing that there'll always be someone on your side, no matter what. I hope you have friends who can give you that comfort, Caroline.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Who we get as family members is so random. isn't it? It really is a 'luck of the draw' thing. I think the best thing about having family you get on with is the comfort of knowing that there'll always be someone on your side, no matter what. I hope you have friends who can give you that comfort, Caroline.
Nope- I'm the other side of the world- friendless Frieda is me. I have a friend here who is great, but she has moved away so we don't see each other as much. However I do have a very loving husband and lovely daughter who make up for the loneliness (when they are here).
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

I hope your sister is doing okay Spouse.Sadly it is my turn now.Got diagnosed on Monday.Petrified is an understatement.I can only hope,pray and fight the best I can.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I hope your sister is doing okay Spouse.Sadly it is my turn now.Got diagnosed on Monday.Petrified is an understatement.I can only hope,pray and fight the best I can.
Really sorry to hear about that Irish. I hope you have someone to support you at this awful time? Big hugs from me and good luck. X

I'm sure Spouse will be on soon, she's a love and great to talk too about this kind of thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.