Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Chelsea fans..True sportsmen?

Wikiposts

Chelsea fans..True sportsmen?

Old Feb 24th 2006, 12:22 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chelsea fans..True sportsmen?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Our family, being south londoners, have always been Chelsea fans.........going back donkey's years. Now they are doing well, they have become the team that everyone 'hates'!!! Same thing happened to Man U...........they did well, then got slagged off!!!!!
There are some bloody good players at the club, Terry, Lampard, Cole, Bridge, Wright-Phillips.......to name but a few ALL selected for the England Squad, and all English!!!!!!!

And 'Our Lampards' not a bad dribbler either...........especially when Jakes scoffing a steak sarnie!!!!!!!!!
Lol, our left behind in England moggy was a ZOLA, we have promised the kids that when we leave our rental for our own home we will get a dog and the name Lampard was top of my list.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lewis Lapthorn
You've lost me on this bit I'm afraid.

Where did I say otherwise?

What I said, was they were outclassed even with 11 men. The stats gave Barca around 60% possession before Del Horno was sent off.

Over the 90 minutes, Barca were the better team, won the game, and should have scored more - against 10 men or not.
We must get a different picture of the game up in Scotland! Ten man Chelsea were better than Barca in the 2nd half up until they scored to equalise. Remember that in the space of 20 secs it went from Drogba missing a sitter and then it was 2-1 the other way. The look on Rijkard's face up until 75 mins said it all. As the paddy field and trying to play a man short took effect it was only then that Ronaldhino emerged from the shadows and only then was he brilliant. Messi looked very threatening and it would have been fair if Del Horno had been booked the time he ripped Messi's cycle shorts but the sending off and the subsequent play acting by both of them was pathetic.

Someone else said Mourinho should have shut his mouth after the game. Perhaps a leaf out of Ferguson's and Wenger's books? The 2 fairest losers in the game? (they only sell sour grapes and no humble pie at Old Trafford and Highbury)

OzTennis
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Lol, our left behind in England moggy was a ZOLA, we have promised the kids that when we leave our rental for our own home we will get a dog and the name Lampard was top of my list.
Why don't you get a Terryier?

OzTennis
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Why don't you get a Terryier?

OzTennis

pmsl, just spat bacardi and coke all over my screen lol, better go and get some Kitchen roll.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

pmsl, just spat bacardi and coke all over my screen lol, better go and get some Kitchen roll.
Sorry! Now let's turn it into a thread to do with dogs and footballers. I'll start off with Dwight Yorkie.

OzTennis
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:28 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry! Now let's turn it into a thread to do with dogs and footballers. I'll start off with Dwight Yorkie.

OzTennis
No mobile phones involved ?
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:28 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

We must get a different picture of the game up in Scotland!
Obvioulsy.

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals 2
2 Shots on Target 9
1 Blocked Shots 10
3 Corners 9
68 Passing Success 82.4
31.2 Possession 68.8
43 Territorial Advantage 57
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Obvioulsy.

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals 2
2 Shots on Target 9
1 Blocked Shots 10
3 Corners 9
68 Passing Success 82.4
31.2 Possession 68.8
The only stat which matters in football is the 1-2; as I said in a matter of 20 secs it changed from should have been 2-1 to 1-2. Anyway, football is a game of two halves as we are told so we'll doff the cap to Barca if and probably when they come through over 2 legs. A 2 goal clear win is not out of the question with 11 men. We'll see!

OzTennis
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:49 am
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

as I said in a matter of 20 secs it changed from should have been 2-1 to 1-2
.....and if my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Eto missed an easier chance than Drogba's, Messi hit the bar, and Ronaldhinio went close on two occasions.

So it could have gone from 1-1 to 1-4.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:54 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Obvioulsy.

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals 2
2 Shots on Target 9
1 Blocked Shots 10
3 Corners 9
68 Passing Success 82.4
31.2 Possession 68.8
You would expect the stats to be more favourable towards Barcelona, when Del Horno was sent off Chelsea played the remaining 54+ minutes with 1 team member less.

Obviously two teams of that calibre, Chelsea with 1 player less is more than likely going to result in a better territorial advantage for Barca. Same with possession and funnily enough passing success.

Statistics from uefa.com

Chelsea Barcelona
1 Goals scored 2
0 Yellow card 2
1 Red card 0
4 Shots on goal 9
4 Shots wide 4
23 Fouls committed 13
3 Corners 8
4 Offsides 1
17' 52'' Ball. Poss. (time) 33' 44''
34% Ball. Poss. (%) 66%
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:51 am
Banned

You would expect the stats to be more favourable towards Barcelona, when Del Horno was sent off Chelsea played the remaining 54+ minutes with 1 team member less.
Not necessarily.

Everton were far and away the better team, beating Blackburn a few weeks back. They played practically the whole game with 10 men.

When Monaco went down to 10 men in the Champs League semi in 2004, they went on to beat Chavski.

With the fact that Barca were away, in a tricky first leg on a horrendous pitch against one of the strongest sides in Europe, they could have easily put ten men behind the ball.

The fact remains, that Chavski lost the game and were out classed over 90 minutes. This is the only point I'm trying to make gentlemen.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 1:39 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

As for the money thing, its getting soooo boring What were we supposed to do?? Support Chelsea for 20-30yrs going through hell and back some years, standing in the shed end rain or shine with very few high moments, having to use antiquated rotting amenities, I could go on.... Are we now to say no sorry not a Chelsea fan any more because they have got more money than everyone else. Its pathetic..... dont tell me you would all stop supporting your team if they were bought by a rich Russian because if you do I will think you a liar. I firmly believe its the green eyed monster getting to you all. You just cant say that if every team in all the English leagues had the same access to money that they would be just as successful, it takes more than bloody money.
Let the good times roll!!!
fair call! but would`nt it be nice if your wealthy benefactor was a working class hero whom had grown up watching chavski in the shed, gone on to make millions then bought the club invested his hard earned millions won 1 premeirship title and died happy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Walker
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:03 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Oh FFS lets all judge Chelsea and its fans because of a couple of comments made on a forum. Bloody hell I hope not all Expats are judged because of a couple of comments that are made on this forum every bloody day, all borders would be closed if that was the case.
Every team has its bad element of followers it's law of averages. There are good people in England and there are bad people in England and lot of people that follow football in England =

As for the money thing, its getting soooo boring What were we supposed to do?? Support Chelsea for 20-30yrs going through hell and back some years, standing in the shed end rain or shine with very few high moments, having to use antiquated rotting amenities, I could go on.... Are we now to say no sorry not a Chelsea fan any more because they have got more money than everyone else. Its pathetic..... dont tell me you would all stop supporting your team if they were bought by a rich Russian because if you do I will think you a liar. I firmly believe its the green eyed monster getting to you all. You just cant say that if every team in all the English leagues had the same access to money that they would be just as successful, it takes more than bloody money.
Let the good times roll!!!
It does take more than money, having a ****ing good manager helps, no matter what you think of the chosen one.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 2:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Our family, being south londoners, have always been Chelsea fans.........going back donkey's years. Now they are doing well, they have become the team that everyone 'hates'!!! Same thing happened to Man U...........they did well, then got slagged off!!!!!
There are some bloody good players at the club, Terry, Lampard, Cole, Bridge, Wright-Phillips.......to name but a few ALL selected for the England Squad, and all English!!!!!!!

And 'Our Lampards' not a bad dribbler either...........especially when Jakes scoffing a steak sarnie!!!!!!!!!
Of course they're good they learned their trade at the academy of football
Old Feb 24th 2006, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by wengerboy
fair call! but would`nt it be nice if your wealthy benefactor was a working class hero whom had grown up watching chavski in the shed, gone on to make millions then bought the club invested his hard earned millions won 1 premeirship title and died happy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Walker

Absolutely, but alas it didnt happen so I will settle with Roman for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.