Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Check out this Aussie band...on tour now

Wikiposts

Check out this Aussie band...on tour now

Old Oct 12th 2008, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Check out this Aussie band...on tour now

If anyone is fans of folky, punky type music (like a punked-up version of the Pogues, I suppose, although a bit different) then check out Melbourne band The Go Set
www.thegoset.com.au (there's a link on there to their myspace site where you can listen to some of their songs)
They are currently touring to promote their fourth album and are worth seeing.
They have already played Perth, Canberra and Sydney but this weekend it's Melbourne and Bendigo, the week after its Toowoomba, Maroochydore and Brisbane, then in november there's a couple of nights in Tassie.
I'm getting in plenty of air miles in travelling around to watch them!
There's some fantastic Aussie independent bands out there and these guys are certainly my favourites. So if you reckon it might be your thing then go and see them - they put on a fantastic show
Old Oct 12th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

TrentEnd will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Check out this Aussie band...on tour now

Another great Aussie band (in my opinion) are called The Mess Hall. Their sound is a bit folk rock - do a search and have a listen - you won't regret it! (Unless you're tone deaf of course..)