Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cheap flights to the UK

Wikiposts

Cheap flights to the UK

Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Cheap flights to the UK

Can anyone recommend any web sites or travel agents in the sydney area to help me find the best flight price back to the UK.

I need to go in July and because of school holidays I have no flexibility!

So far the best price I can find is around $9000.....

Many Thanks
Old Feb 12th 2010, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cheap flights to the UK

If you don't mind flying cheap of the cheap, air asia is cheap.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:18 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

www.zuji.com.au

$2145 with Virgin Atlantic SYD to LHR in July.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

$9,000.00 ??

For how many people and what class do you wish to fly ?

Originally Posted by Katherined0
Can anyone recommend any web sites or travel agents in the sydney area to help me find the best flight price back to the UK.

I need to go in July and because of school holidays I have no flexibility!

So far the best price I can find is around $9000.....

Many Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hino
$9,000.00 ??

For how many people and what class do you wish to fly ?
Sorry Hino...

that price is for the four of us: 2 adults and 2 children.... Not each. And it's just basic economy.... !

Thanks all for taking the time to reply. Will check out those ideas and keep looking...
Old Feb 13th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
If you don't mind flying cheap of the cheap, air asia is cheap.
Have you flown with them pumpkin blossom? What was the experience like?
Old Feb 13th 2010, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

my friend just booked - return to kl then return kl - london - said it was cheaper to book this way.

I checked it out and for my dates it wasnt but hers was about $1000
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by odyssey
my friend just booked - return to kl then return kl - london - said it was cheaper to book this way.

I checked it out and for my dates it wasnt but hers was about $1000
thanks for the tip! Will look into it... Presumably this would mean collecting luggage and going through immigration!
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katherined0
thanks for the tip! Will look into it... Presumably this would mean collecting luggage and going through immigration!
We are going with them in June - $700rtn. The way the flights are timed, it's better to spend a night in KL going over. Coming back, I think you could do it in one hit but would have a long stopover at the (not very nice) airport. We are doing stopovers on both directions. AAX is a point to point airline like Easyjet or Ryanair. This means that if your incoming flight is delayed, for whatever reason, and you miss your connection, AAX are not obliged to offer you any refund or put you on the next flight - another good reason to stopover.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amazulu,

Is that GBP 700 or A$ 700 ?

I've just had a quick look at their web site and can't see any return flights at the $700 mark, are you doing something cute to get the ticket at that price ?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
We are going with them in June - $700rtn. The way the flights are timed, it's better to spend a night in KL going over. Coming back, I think you could do it in one hit but would have a long stopover at the (not very nice) airport. We are doing stopovers on both directions. AAX is a point to point airline like Easyjet or Ryanair. This means that if your incoming flight is delayed, for whatever reason, and you miss your connection, AAX are not obliged to offer you any refund or put you on the next flight - another good reason to stopover.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 5:52 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amazulu,

I've just had a quick look at their web site and can't see any return flights at the $700 mark, are you doing something cute to get the ticket at that price ?
Approx $700 fares were available last year at one point - any time I check AAX fares ex Melbourne these days it's close to $1000 rtn just to KL.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:26 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I just booked 5 returns PER-LHR with Malaysian for $9750. Round about Easter time.

that's 3 adults 2 kids (my 12 year old is now an "adult")

Was going to do Singapore on Saturday when it was about $8500 went to do it on Sunday and it was $11,000

Emirates were around the $8600 mark but the times are crap i.e. checkin at Perth at about 4am for the 6am flight.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

not sure if it will help you but i travelled to the UK at xmas and i saved $700 by getting two one way tickets rather than a return.

Apparently if you buy a ticket that spans two different pricing times (as in xmas was 1 price and early January was another) you pay for both legs of the journey at the higher price.

but because i bought one at the december price and one at the january price i made a canny saving

Jazzys
Old Feb 14th 2010, 6:57 pm
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

www.bestflights.com.au is good for comparisons and they deal with both main carriers and the budget airlines like AA.
Old Feb 14th 2010, 9:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Amazulu,

AUD700 - they had a special a while back. Sign up for their email so you know when they do have specials.