British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   cheap and cheerfull shops (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/cheap-cheerfull-shops-409451/)

mad city fan Nov 21st 2006 5:59 pm

cheap and cheerfull shops

does any know if they have any kind of cheap and cheerfull shops like primarnie (primark) mark one, newlook ,and yep the POUND shops over in oz. Read about people who are over there missing argos and ikea but not the cheapie shops you cant go home from shopping without spending at least a tenna on CRAP :)

shiels Nov 21st 2006 6:09 pm

Re: cheap and cheerfull shops

Originally Posted by mad city fan
does any know if they have any kind of cheap and cheerfull shops like primarnie (primark) mark one, newlook ,and yep the POUND shops over in oz. Read about people who are over there missing argos and ikea but not the cheapie shops you cant go home from shopping without spending at least a tenna on CRAP :)

Dont recall any $1 shops but theres definately a IKEA in Adelaide. C x

curly Nov 21st 2006 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by shiels
Dont recall any $1 shops but theres definately a IKEA in Adelaide. C x

and near brissie, think they're are 2 IKEA's

BertieB Nov 21st 2006 6:57 pm

I remember there being a cheapie shop kinda like poundstretchers when we were there. Can't remember the name - will have a think.

Buzzy--Bee Nov 21st 2006 7:10 pm

Crazy Clark's is one where there seem to be a lot of cheap pound shop type stuff. It is a chain.

:beer:

Buzzy

BertieB Nov 21st 2006 7:11 pm

Go Low (or golo - something like that) rings a bell

Wilgar Nov 21st 2006 7:51 pm

There is an IKEA in Sydney(Eastern Suberbs) I find it comforting that all the junk I leave here can be replaced just 30 mins from Kingsford Smith. Also there are $1 dollar shops everywhere ,crammed to the brim with all the junk you`ll find at Poundland etc.Happy shopping!

Vash the Stampede Nov 21st 2006 8:23 pm

Chickenfeed in Tasmania; The Reject Shop in Victoria; Cheap as Chips in South Australia; Kong's in Western Australia.

cresta57 Nov 21st 2006 8:25 pm

There's more cheapie cheapie shop chains than you can shake a stick at; Crazy Clarke's, The Warehouse, Silly Sollie's, Flash Harry's, Gone Bonkers, Kong traders The Dollar Shop & it's upmarket sister :rolleyes: The Two Dollar shop. They're all full of cheap imported tat mostly plastic stuff from China. Similar in style & content to the Pound Shop or Wilko's.
Primark wise clothing shops I'd say Best & Less is a close equivelent. There are probably others but I'm not really a shopper, once a year for a few new bit's does me.

Mrs Jackaroo Nov 21st 2006 9:20 pm

There are PLENTY of cheap shops here! Go-Lo, Reject Shop and lots of cheap corner shops. Mostly full of crap but you can grab some bargains too. There seem to be more cheap shops than anything else to be honest :)

NickyC Nov 21st 2006 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Wilgar
There is an IKEA in Sydney(Eastern Suberbs) I find it comforting that all the junk I leave here can be replaced just 30 mins from Kingsford Smith. Also there are $1 dollar shops everywhere ,crammed to the brim with all the junk you`ll find at Poundland etc.Happy shopping!

The Ikea at Moore Park (Eastern Suburbs) has now closed. The only Ikea in Sydney now is the giant, new one at Rhodes shopping centre.

There are still dozens of $1 shops, particularly in low-rent areas - Clints Crazy Bargains, GoLo etc.

kt.2006 Nov 21st 2006 11:19 pm

There is a very large IKEA that has just opened at Logan which is south of Brisbane. I spent all day there, had the meatballs for lunch, and only came away with a $1 alarm clock.

Has anyone else noticed that Crazy Clarkes stock Boots shampoo sometimes, and once I saw Asda and Wilko's products there. Needless to say I bought them, how sad am I :)

Wendy Nov 21st 2006 11:53 pm

Best ones in Adelaide are

Spend a Penny at Ingle Farm shopping centre, always spend loads more than a penny in there :o

Cunninghams Main North Road, he sells M&S knickers :D

sid_s Nov 22nd 2006 12:14 am

there's a new shop in Brisbane called Forever New that is apparently an Oz version of New Look.

moneypenny20 Nov 22nd 2006 12:16 am

Originally Posted by kt.2006
There is a very large IKEA that has just opened at Logan which is south of Brisbane. I spent all day there, had the meatballs for lunch, and only came away with a $1 alarm clock.

Has anyone else noticed that Crazy Clarkes stock Boots shampoo sometimes, and once I saw Asda and Wilko's products there. Needless to say I bought them, how sad am I :)

I can't believe you need to ask :eek: ;)

I spent an hour in the smaller IKEA near Beenleigh (that included sitting down eating a hot dog) that was way too long for me. You were there a day - how? why? aggggghhhhhh having a panic attack :scared: :D