Wikiposts

Character Reference

Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Character Reference

Originally Posted by babysinead
We have been told we will have to enter by july !!!!!!! if it's granted, one year after our police checks.
Sue, we have been using skyscanner website, for three off us on 20th June its around £1600 on singapore airlines.....heathrow-singapore-perth route on the A380. Hubby works on aircrafts now and swears its the best aircraft in the world.....yeah yeah yeah

How much was yours John?

Aslo, bear in mind the later you go in the year the more expensive it is as it is entering into there summer time.....july onwards the prices start to go up.

We looked at business class on the a380, dont know who i am trying to kid £6k for one way
Hi,
paid £2300 on emirates, via dubai, we looked at singapore but like the emirates because its a 7 hr flight, then off for a couple of hours then a 10 hour to perth by which time kids should be knackered. (in theory)
Singapore is a 13 hour in one hit!
£2300 for four of us in April is good i think. May was cheaper but we have been waiting for our visa for 2 years so why hang around for another month for the sake of £400.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice
Default Re: Character Reference

Originally Posted by johnb1
Hi,
paid £2300 on emirates, via dubai, we looked at singapore but like the emirates because its a 7 hr flight, then off for a couple of hours then a 10 hour to perth by which time kids should be knackered. (in theory)
Singapore is a 13 hour in one hit!
£2300 for four of us in April is good i think. May was cheaper but we have been waiting for our visa for 2 years so why hang around for another month for the sake of £400.

No point hanging around, also living with the parents/inlaws isnt great either. We have....or rather i have looked into the dubai route, which is alot better for kids i feel but emmirates do not have a good write up, so we have decided singapore airlines night flight then 1 night stay in singapore which i believe is a beautiful place to stay.....may even do 2 nights, who knows, not going to be visiting their again so might aswell make the most of it, then a nice little 5 1/2 hr flight to perth.
I have 2 cousins that travelled around australia for a year each, both recommended the staying overnight, best to listen to them as they have done it before....i havent !!!!!

Let us know what the dubai/emmirates is like, you know what some people are like, just like to moan and pick rather then just tell you what is was like truthfully.

Are you taking any furniture, have read buying things there are really expensive though most of our furniture seems hardly worth it, it's not worth thousands of pounds, so whats the point.

Also read it hard to get rental property.....have you thought about where you and the kids are going to stay when you land?
Old Feb 18th 2011, 6:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

As this is now more of a chat thread I am moving it into the Barbie
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=babysinead;9185984]No point hanging around, also living with the parents/inlaws isnt great either. We have....or rather i have looked into the dubai route, which is alot better for kids i feel but emmirates do not have a good write up, so we have decided singapore airlines night flight then 1 night stay in singapore which i believe is a beautiful place to stay.....may even do 2 nights, who knows, not going to be visiting their again so might aswell make the most of it, then a nice little 5 1/2 hr flight to perth.
I have 2 cousins that travelled around australia for a year each, both recommended the staying overnight, best to listen to them as they have done it before....i havent !!!!!

Let us know what the dubai/emmirates is like, you know what some people are like, just like to moan and pick rather then just tell you what is was like truthfully.

Are you taking any furniture, have read buying things there are really expensive though most of our furniture seems hardly worth it, it's not worth thousands of pounds, so whats the point.

Also read it hard to get rental property.....have you thought about where you and the kids are going to stay when you land?[/

When we land we are booked into a downtown hotel overlooking the Swan, then after 3 days a mate (from school over 20 years ago) is picking us up & taking us to stay in theirs in Kallaroo for 4 nights. Then we will pick up the motorhome and travel for over a month.
During this time I will have to try to get a job (I have made initial contact with a few agencies who want to see me), and look at the rental situation, I also have a relative in rockingham so dont think we will be living on the streets just yet.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

No point hanging around, also living with the parents/inlaws isnt great either. We have....or rather i have looked into the dubai route, which is alot better for kids i feel but emmirates do not have a good write up, so we have decided singapore airlines night flight then 1 night stay in singapore which i believe is a beautiful place to stay.....may even do 2 nights, who knows, not going to be visiting their again so might aswell make the most of it, then a nice little 5 1/2 hr flight to perth.

Also read it hard to get rental property.....have you thought about where you and the kids are going to stay when you land?
Forgot to say we are taking nothing much, no furniture we got rid last year, my mate reckons it is not that expensive to buy goods, he has been living there over 12 years & he said he will tell me where to shop for bargains. He was surprised when I said to him its expensive to buy goods.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

[QUOTE=johnb1;9186349]

Also read it hard to get rental property.....have you thought about where you and the kids are going to stay when you land?[/

When we land we are booked into a downtown hotel overlooking the Swan, then after 3 days a mate (from school over 20 years ago) is picking us up & taking us to stay in theirs in Kallaroo for 4 nights. Then we will pick up the motorhome and travel for over a month.
During this time I will have to try to get a job (I have made initial contact with a few agencies who want to see me), and look at the rental situation, I also have a relative in rockingham so dont think we will be living on the streets just yet.
The hotel then motor home idea is exactly what we were thinking of doing, as we haveno idea where in Perth we want to settle. How much was it for the motor home? Who did you rent through?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

I did start to panic a bit then i read most people land with hardly anywhere to go and no furniture, so panic over.
Hubby has been in contact with hays recruitment over here, we went to the london exhibition and they have loads of jobs going at the mines, which is very well paid.....bear this in mind, hope it helps.

We are going to look at holiday lets and staying with a friend a have in perth, he works at westpac bank, so hoping to get a job there myself as i believe the ozzie goverment pay 50% of childcare costs.

Looking forward to it now, we have put the house up for rent on friday looking to vacate beginning of april to fly out for June.

Sue and John......im sure between the three of us we can help each other with a few top tips we find along the way.

We have decided not to take furniture, im not proud to buy second hand and charity shops when we get there, its going to take a good few years to settle......but sssoooo looking forward to it......
Old Feb 19th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Soapsudsue;9187028]
Originally Posted by johnb1

The hotel then motor home idea is exactly what we were thinking of doing, as we haveno idea where in Perth we want to settle. How much was it for the motor home? Who did you rent through?
Hi Sue
It is £3800 for 36 days.
It will cost that in a hotel, but you dont have the freedom, insurance is about $1100 but this brings the excess down from $7500 to $2500. (only need a roo to run into you)
My missus wont stay in the cheaper ones it has to be a brand new model with the best of everything for her. Thats why I am always skint! It is a good van though Maui platinum lake 5 berth, see links below.

http://www.campervanhiresalefinder.com.au/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soj41TT9Jvc

Old Feb 19th 2011, 7:32 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
A dope smoking drunk with a habit of vandalising property.... he'll fit in just fine.
He sounds like an Aussie already eh?