Wikiposts

Character Reference

Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all
Default Character Reference

Hi all

I have submitted all my docs and, have a week til my 35 day deadline. I am now worrying about my husbands criminal record. He was a bit of a naughty boy and has posession of cannabis in 1997, damage to property 2000 and drunk in a public place 2002. All small fines i.e. £60 and no time served. We confessed all on our app and form 80, but now I am thinking that maybe I should submit some sort of good character reference before the deadline!

Do you think these convictions will be frowned upon, even though he has been good for the past 9 years? We have a close friend in the Met Police, who I am sure would do it for us, what are the guidelines? Or is there a particular form

Im worried now, dont want to be turned away!

Any help or advice would ne appreciated, thanks!
Old Feb 15th 2011, 9:49 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Character Reference

I've sent you a long and rambling message
J x
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The record you mention wont be a barrier to immigration, it is sentences over a year that matter. In any case they would not just refuse without further discussion, they offer right to respond and opportunity to provide references etc.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Soapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to allSoapsudsue is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The record you mention wont be a barrier to immigration, it is sentences over a year that matter. In any case they would not just refuse without further discussion, they offer right to respond and opportunity to provide references etc.
Thanks Bermudashorts! That has put my mind at ease, as I keep on waking at night worrying that I have submitted all I need

I did get my husband to write a statement explaining the circumstances of each charge, how he has changed etc and, our friend the copper has written a character ref, which I have submitted both.

It makes me feel better and, I suppose it wont do any harm

Meds, PCCs submitted, just waiting now
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:25 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Soapsudsue
Hi all

I have submitted all my docs and, have a week til my 35 day deadline. I am now worrying about my husbands criminal record. He was a bit of a naughty boy and has posession of cannabis in 1997, damage to property 2000 and drunk in a public place 2002. All small fines i.e. £60 and no time served. We confessed all on our app and form 80, but now I am thinking that maybe I should submit some sort of good character reference before the deadline!

Do you think these convictions will be frowned upon, even though he has been good for the past 9 years? We have a close friend in the Met Police, who I am sure would do it for us, what are the guidelines? Or is there a particular form

Im worried now, dont want to be turned away!

Any help or advice would ne appreciated, thanks!
A dope smoking drunk with a habit of vandalising property.... he'll fit in just fine.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
A dope smoking drunk with a habit of vandalising property.... he'll fit in just fine.
Well, I wouldnt be that hard on him, he's been a good boy for a long time Ever since he met me and I whipped his arse into shape!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

Sue, I used to be a police officer and can tell you that they will not be looking at a street caution for cannabis and i am assuming that the others will dealt with by way of FPN (fixed penalty notice) given on the street apart from the criminal damage i expect.

DIAC are looking at anything that was custodial, which DD, Crim Dam and Cannabis are not cusodial unless you are a prolific offender. That fact of the matter is that they are what we used to used "minor crime" DIAC will look at this and also that fact that there has been a long gap between the cautions/FPN's and now showing that he is a "reformed character"

Dont worry and get some sleep.....

Let me know when you hear.

Our meds and police checks have all been done and sent, just waiting now.... Tho i have been having sleepless nights about the flight, not a good flyer !!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by babysinead
Sue, I used to be a police officer and can tell you that they will not be looking at a street caution for cannabis and i am assuming that the others will dealt with by way of FPN (fixed penalty notice) given on the street apart from the criminal damage i expect.

DIAC are looking at anything that was custodial, which DD, Crim Dam and Cannabis are not cusodial unless you are a prolific offender. That fact of the matter is that they are what we used to used "minor crime" DIAC will look at this and also that fact that there has been a long gap between the cautions/FPN's and now showing that he is a "reformed character"

Dont worry and get some sleep.....

Let me know when you hear.

Our meds and police checks have all been done and sent, just waiting now.... Tho i have been having sleepless nights about the flight, not a good flyer !!!!!
Thanks for that

He just wrote a statement last night explaining what each charge was. The propery damage looks a lot worse on his record than it was. He was basically a little worse for wear, did a dukes of hazzard accross a parked cars bonnet, grabbed the ariel to stop himself and pulled it off by accident

As you said, they were all on the spot fines for around £60 and he has been a good boy since 2002. Thanks for the re assurance!

Just a waiting games now. Why dont you celebrate your departure with a little champers, that will settle your nerves! If not, rescue remedies are fab! All natural and really calm you down. I will be fine, more worried on how to entertain a 4 and 6 year old in a confined space for 20 hours!!

Hopefully we wont have too much longer now and we can start planning!n
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

babysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nicebabysinead is just really nice

Thanks for that

He just wrote a statement last night explaining what each charge was. The propery damage looks a lot worse on his record than it was. He was basically a little worse for wear, did a dukes of hazzard accross a parked cars bonnet, grabbed the ariel to stop himself and pulled it off by accident

As you said, they were all on the spot fines for around £60 and he has been a good boy since 2002. Thanks for the re assurance!

Just a waiting games now. Why dont you celebrate your departure with a little champers, that will settle your nerves! If not, rescue remedies are fab! All natural and really calm you down. I will be fine, more worried on how to entertain a 4 and 6 year old in a confined space for 20 hours!!

Hopefully we wont have too much longer now and we can start planning!n
Glad i have put your mind at rest, these things are never as bad as they first seem, criminal damage has a very wide spectrum, im sure things will be ok, like i said they are minor crimes, diac will be looking at ABH, GBH and prolific, which he certainly isnt........just a bit of a silly boy when he had too much to drink, it happens !!

Tried all the rescue remedies even the tamazapan from the doctors didnt work on a recent flight to Majorca !!!!!!!
I too have a 4 year old, we should go on the same flight sue they could entertain one another
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Glad i have put your mind at rest, these things are never as bad as they first seem, criminal damage has a very wide spectrum, im sure things will be ok, like i said they are minor crimes, diac will be looking at ABH, GBH and prolific, which he certainly isnt........just a bit of a silly boy when he had too much to drink, it happens !!

Tried all the rescue remedies even the tamazapan from the doctors didnt work on a recent flight to Majorca !!!!!!!
I too have a 4 year old, we should go on the same flight sue they could entertain one another
Or we could sit the three of them at the back of the plane and we can sit up front!!
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Or we could sit the three of them at the back of the plane and we can sit up front!!
deal !!!!

Even better, go on the a380, sit them in economy downstairs, we can have first class upstairs
Old Feb 16th 2011, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

deal !!!!

Even better, go on the a380, sit them in economy downstairs, we can have first class upstairs
Keep buying those lottery tickets then!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

johnb1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Character Reference

deal !!!!

Cant afford 1st class, but we on the A380 on 3rd april cant wait to get on that big baby, my wife is not looking forward to it though!
It only has a take off weight of 56 Tons so I dont know why??
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnb1
Cant afford 1st class, but we on the A380 on 3rd april cant wait to get on that big baby, my wife is not looking forward to it though!
It only has a take off weight of 56 Tons so I dont know why??
Wow how exciting! Who did you book it through? How much was it if you dont mind meas king
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Wow how exciting! Who did you book it through? How much was it if you dont mind meas king
We have been told we will have to enter by july !!!!!!! if it's granted, one year after our police checks.
Sue, we have been using skyscanner website, for three off us on 20th June its around £1600 on singapore airlines.....heathrow-singapore-perth route on the A380. Hubby works on aircrafts now and swears its the best aircraft in the world.....yeah yeah yeah

How much was yours John?

Aslo, bear in mind the later you go in the year the more expensive it is as it is entering into there summer time.....july onwards the prices start to go up.

We looked at business class on the a380, dont know who i am trying to kid £6k for one way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.