Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Changing your government

Changing your government

Old Aug 29th 2022, 3:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing your government

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Eh? Where do you get that from? The UK has the 6th (not 5th) biggest economy in the world, but India's is bigger. So is India wealthier that the UK? lol!! It's nonsense and voodoo economics to believe your kind of shit

A nation's wealth can be measured by per capita GDP (although there are better metrics like HDI). Therefore Australia, for instance, is wealthier than the UK - and Germany for that matter. Australia's peers in Europe are Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Ireland and The Netherlands

Hope this helps
UK has fifth , probably sixth now NGM in the world. I think it was Italy that surpassed it a few years ago. It matters not that India has a bigger economy having many times the population. Likewise smaller countries like Ireland will score highly in wealth generated over small populations. Reason tax havens do well.
GDP's are not a good judge really as all economic activity good, bad, illegal is measured. Kalamunda, with as you pointed out , Ice capital of the nation, would then be producing more wealth than London's Hampstead.
A bit difficult to fathom for some, but the measurements I gave are generally considered to be the correct ones.
If you and others really think Ireland is the third richest country on the planet, best look at how the reasoning for that comes about.
Old Aug 29th 2022, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Quite some assumptions there. The working class are down trodden? The majority who voted for Brexit were sold by a snake charmer? Wow. Quite offensive to many
What will prove offensive to many in that class, is just how they were persuaded to vote for a party with no interest in their well being . Tell me just who will be impacted by 800% increase in energy bills? Just who was most impacted by austerity? By working class In refer to those that work for a living. Nurses, Police, Teachers, Firemen, not just the diminishing number of traditional working class obviously. Most certainly were sold a dud . I can't think of a single benefit Brexit has brought to the nation. Immigration? Higher than before and from further afield. Cheaper goods? Most things far more expensive and inflation is hurting many there. Power bills going up the most likely highest in the world by 800%. Only a snake charmer with a venom of some magnitude could sell anything happening as a positive thing.
Old Aug 29th 2022, 8:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
GDP's are not a good judge really as all economic activity
Yet you used to it in some ridiculous attempt to state that the UK is the 5th richest country in the world!

Bizarre

As I've told you many times, HDI is the best metric to measure a nation's health. Check it out, but I know that you won't as you're economically illiterate
Old Aug 30th 2022, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yet you used to it in some ridiculous attempt to state that the UK is the 5th richest country in the world!

Bizarre

As I've told you many times, HDI is the best metric to measure a nation's health. Check it out, but I know that you won't as you're economically illiterate
UK is either fifth or possibly sixth economic power in the world. Don't know why you are attempting to argue against that? (I guess not too unlike you insisting that UK and Australia had the best health systems in the world, some years ago) You could argue on a per capita basis Luxemburg is wealthier than UK. That's not the same.
No health is not the best (although maybe fairer) measurement of a nation's wealth. Then you must agree USA is well down the list , way behind a host a Northern European countries, that deliver far superior health outcomes. Probably best to leave the literacy feelings of superiority where it belongs.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 12:22 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

UK is either fifth or possibly sixth economic power in the world. Don't know why you are attempting to argue against that? (I guess not too unlike you insisting that UK and Australia had the best health systems in the world, some years ago) You could argue on a per capita basis Luxemburg is wealthier than UK. That's not the same.
No health is not the best (although maybe fairer) measurement of a nation's wealth. Then you must agree USA is well down the list , way behind a host a Northern European countries, that deliver far superior health outcomes. Probably best to leave the literacy feelings of superiority where it belongs.
lol!! - you've just justified what I wrote!

No question that the UK has the 6th (not 5th) largest economy in the world - and of course Luxembourg is wealthier than the UK - which is what I was saying. Per capita is the only way (in the context of GDP) to measure national wealth

HDI measures the economy AND educational outcomes AND life expectancy (health). So, no, health on it's own is not a good indicator - and I never said that it was. You should have a read about how HDI came about and the Pakistani gentleman who developed it. It's pretty interesting. Well it is for someone like me who's interested in economics and is always trying to understand it - then there's you.......

Do try harder
Old Aug 31st 2022, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

What will prove offensive to many in that class, is just how they were persuaded to vote for a party with no interest in their well being . Tell me just who will be impacted by 800% increase in energy bills? Just who was most impacted by austerity? By working class In refer to those that work for a living. Nurses, Police, Teachers, Firemen, not just the diminishing number of traditional working class obviously. Most certainly were sold a dud . I can't think of a single benefit Brexit has brought to the nation. Immigration? Higher than before and from further afield. Cheaper goods? Most things far more expensive and inflation is hurting many there. Power bills going up the most likely highest in the world by 800%. Only a snake charmer with a venom of some magnitude could sell anything happening as a positive thing.
I know a number of police, fire, teachers and nurses. None of which feel down trodden. In fact I know a number of them have lucrative side hustles or investments and use the limited hours in these professions to maintain a balance of stability and risk. Perhaps the "working class" as you call it, that I know are special cases, individuals with drive and a zest for life. Well screw those without that I say. Especially if those are the ones you mix with. Everyone has opportunities. Some take them and others mope around feeling down trodden.

Power bills. Yes look at Germany. Look at the rest of the EU. Hardly a Brexit thing but of course there will be some who try and manipulate the truth. You

Old Aug 31st 2022, 3:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know a number of police, fire, teachers and nurses. None of which feel down trodden. In fact I know a number of them have lucrative side hustles or investments and use the limited hours in these professions to maintain a balance of stability and risk. Perhaps the "working class" as you call it, that I know are special cases, individuals with drive and a zest for life. Well screw those without that I say. Especially if those are the ones you mix with. Everyone has opportunities. Some take them and others mope around feeling down trodden.

Power bills. Yes look at Germany. Look at the rest of the EU. Hardly a Brexit thing but of course there will be some who try and manipulate the truth. You
That's why police are quitting in WA at least in very high numbers. That's why there is so much disquiet in the teaching profession. Nurses quit is large numbers through either government policy or worn out. Same in aged care and so on. Yes there is a parasitic class that regards themselves above the rest with little morals to match. Nothing to do with zeal or drive, but fairness an even playing field based on merit not whom one knows. No everybody does not have opportunities , at least of equal measure. While others are principled and not do anything in order to make a buck. Hard for some to fathom, I know.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No question that the UK has the 6th (not 5th) largest economy in the world - and of course Luxembourg is wealthier than the UK - which is what I was saying. Per capita is the only way (in the context of GDP) to measure national wealth

HDI measures the economy AND educational outcomes AND life expectancy (health). So, no, health on it's own is not a good indicator - and I never said that it was. You should have a read about how HDI came about and the Pakistani gentleman who developed it. It's pretty interesting. Well it is for someone like me who's interested in economics and is always trying to understand it - then there's you.......

Do try harder
UK is the sixth, if not fifth economic power in the world. Nothing to do with the amount spent on education or health, which is why smaller nations appear by one measurement in higher placings. By those standings places like Luxemburg would rank richest in the world. Ireland ranks third, due to off shore companies taking tax advantages and locating there self-generating wealth but not of much benefit for Irish people as pay little if any tax.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 3:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

UK is the sixth, if not fifth economic power in the world. Nothing to do with the amount spent on education or health, which is why smaller nations appear by one measurement in higher placings. By those standings places like Luxemburg would rank richest in the world. Ireland ranks third, due to off shore companies taking tax advantages and locating there self-generating wealth but not of much benefit for Irish people as pay little if any tax.
I give up

Party on with whatever's in your head champ
Old Aug 31st 2022, 11:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

That's why police are quitting in WA at least in very high numbers. That's why there is so much disquiet in the teaching profession. Nurses quit is large numbers through either government policy or worn out. .
This is great news and the way it should be. Great to see people taking charge of their own destiny. You should learn from this rather than whinging.
Old Aug 31st 2022, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

scotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nicescotty9000 is just really nice

Do you get all this from The Guardian? That paper is very unbalanced and has been undermining the UK with liberal left dogma for at least 20 years. It is trying to do the same in Australia. Don't let it! Power bills going up has more to do with Merkel than Tories. Believe it or not Brexit has improved pay and opportunities for many working class Brits. Not so good for the middle classes with holiday homes in the EU. What do you say to joining a political union with NZ, Indonesia and PNG?
Old Aug 31st 2022, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by scotty9000
Do you get all this from The Guardian? That paper is very unbalanced and has been undermining the UK with liberal left dogma for at least 20 years. It is trying to do the same in Australia. Don't let it! Power bills going up has more to do with Merkel than Tories. Believe it or not Brexit has improved pay and opportunities for many working class Brits. Not so good for the middle classes with holiday homes in the EU. What do you say to joining a political union with NZ, Indonesia and PNG?
The Guardian. Absolute trash reading.
Old Sep 1st 2022, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I would not even use this paper to (I was brought up well so) “it light a fire” lol
Old Sep 1st 2022, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Do try harder
You can always find something if attempting to advance a point. It is clear, if somewhat rather obvious than smaller nations , when run well, do better in the developed world. Very basic economics, more money to circulate among fewer people equates better outcomes. Which goes against the arguement of turbo population growth for Australia , which only suits the agenda of business. But Britain remains the sixth economic power of the world , so you on the right track ......
Old Sep 1st 2022, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

While it may not suit your agenda, it is not a trash journal. It has it's slant on politics but necessarily in presenting a left of centre view. You could do worse than read it in an attempt to gain a 'balanced ' view.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.