Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Changing your government

Changing your government

Old Sep 10th 2022, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changing your government

Originally Posted by Beoz
Are you trying to educate me on money when one of your favourite topics is about how you can't afford to buy in the area you want to live? Wow.
You need to sit up front in class and pay attention. But I do admit you are a difficult pupil to reach out to in giving help and guidance.
Old Sep 10th 2022, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
You need to sit up front in class and pay attention. But I do admit you are a difficult pupil to reach out to in giving help and guidance.
Only trying to help. Can't have you miserable all the time.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:23 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually I'd settle for codeine
A family member left a bottle of codeine at my house once while on holiday. I'm a spendthrift and hate to throw things away so I tucked it in the medicine cabinet. Several months later I had a toothache and couldn't get a dentist appointment the next day so took one. It did nothing for my toothache at all but I woke up feeling rough as a dog. I threw the rest away in disgust.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
A family member left a bottle of codeine at my house once while on holiday. I'm a spendthrift and hate to throw things away so I tucked it in the medicine cabinet. Several months later I had a toothache and couldn't get a dentist appointment the next day so took one. It did nothing for my toothache at all but I woke up feeling rough as a dog. I threw the rest away in disgust.
Only painkiller that really works on my arthritis when its bad, I used to do the Nurofen/Codeine mix, and since they made it virtually a criminal offence to try and get hold of codeine here I've found anything as good. Could be bulk buying when I get to the UK next week
Old Sep 11th 2022, 4:54 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Given the highly addictive nature of opioids it probably isn't that surprising GPs don't want to get struck off.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 11:24 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Given the highly addictive nature of opioids it probably isn't that surprising GPs don't want to get struck off.
Yeah I can see both sides of it, however a $55 doctor's fee plus the cost of the prescription, just to get half a dozen tablets and viewed as a possible drug addict is a bit steep when I'm just trying to stop my feet hurting!!
Old Sep 11th 2022, 12:30 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Only painkiller that really works on my arthritis when its bad, I used to do the Nurofen/Codeine mix, and since they made it virtually a criminal offence to try and get hold of codeine here I've found anything as good. Could be bulk buying when I get to the UK next week
I stand to be corrected but I think you can no longer buy codeine OTC in the UK

Making low dose codeine prescription only was a ridiculous move, wherever it was done

Edit: further research indicates that maybe you still can

Last edited by Amazulu; Sep 11th 2022 at 12:52 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2022, 9:31 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I stand to be corrected but I think you can no longer buy codeine OTC in the UK

Making low dose codeine prescription only was a ridiculous move, wherever it was done

Edit: further research indicates that maybe you still can
As far as I know I can still get the codeine/nurofen mix - I’ll find out in a couple of weeks
Old Sep 11th 2022, 11:57 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know I can still get the codeine/nurofen mix - I’ll find out in a couple of weeks
Let us know if you can. Most Western countries have banned OTC codeine. Maybe Brexit has something to do with it as the EU has banned it

What I find bizarre is that in the UK, you can only buy paracetamol in packs of 16, which is stupid. I can go to Chemist Warehouse and buy a pack of 100 for three bucks
Old Sep 12th 2022, 12:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/product...lets-16-24-32/
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/ingredient/270#gref
Old Sep 12th 2022, 1:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Let us know if you can. Most Western countries have banned OTC codeine. Maybe Brexit has something to do with it as the EU has banned it

What I find bizarre is that in the UK, you can only buy paracetamol in packs of 16, which is stupid. I can go to Chemist Warehouse and buy a pack of 100 for three bucks
I can buy Paracetamol and Codeine in Canada. Codeine is a controlled substance in the US.
Old Sep 13th 2022, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

I will have a look at our local Tesco which also has pharmacy I will take a look if you’d like?
Old Oct 14th 2022, 3:24 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Any tips for the UK please, I see you've dumped Morrison, do you want Johnson?
I don't think the UK needs tips. Truss is busy changing government already.
Old Oct 14th 2022, 4:22 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by brits1
I will have a look at our local Tesco which also has pharmacy I will take a look if you’d like?
Just for anyone asing ~ Ibuproren with codeine is still an over-the-counter job with Boots 😎
Old Nov 1st 2022, 1:50 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The "Conservatives" on this thread have gone strangely quiet. Has something happened?