Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Changing Estate agent (uk) - advice?

Wikiposts

Changing Estate agent (uk) - advice?

Old Oct 16th 2007, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Changing Estate agent (uk) - advice?

my first 6 weeks is up next week and they have failed me - well they have a week to prove otherwise.

I have had EAs knocking, writing and phoning trying to get us on their books, so I think its time for a swap! I have someone coming tomorrow and I need advice about not getting tied in on a contract. I.e. multi agency. I imagine they are keen to be sole agents so how do I get the best out of the agents?
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Changing Estate agent (uk) - advice?

Originally Posted by Gonnago
my first 6 weeks is up next week and they have failed me - well they have a week to prove otherwise.

I have had EAs knocking, writing and phoning trying to get us on their books, so I think its time for a swap! I have someone coming tomorrow and I need advice about not getting tied in on a contract. I.e. multi agency. I imagine they are keen to be sole agents so how do I get the best out of the agents?
Anyone?

I posted this on here because if I go into the whinging pom house seller i may never get out again!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 7:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

When we went to the second EA we told them that we were already on the market with an agent (didnt tell them that we were planning on getting rid of the first EA) and the new EA was more than happy to provide us with a contract that allowed for multi agencies.
They didnt even try and increase their fees. Once we had signed they got on with the job as they knew if they didnt get the sale they wouldnt get paid

Anyone?

I posted this on here because if I go into the whinging pom house seller i may never get out again!
i know what you mean but you are farily safe tonight it is quite quiet in there!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
When we went to the second EA we told them that we were already on the market with an agent (didnt tell them that we were planning on getting rid of the first EA) and the new EA was more than happy to provide us with a contract that allowed for multi agencies.
They didnt even try and increase their fees. Once we had signed they got on with the job as they knew if they didnt get the sale they wouldnt get paid

i know what you mean but you are farily safe tonight it is quite quiet in there!
thanks hun, not sure if i dare go in. Dh thnks he is on to a good thing tonight if i enter the bermuda triangle zone that is WPHS I will be stuck and he can kiss goodnight to his foxy wife!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

thanks hun, not sure if i dare go in. Dh thnks he is on to a good thing tonight if i enter the bermuda triangle zone that is WPHS I will be stuck and he can kiss goodnight to his foxy wife!
I know what you mean! My OH gets fed up with me sniggering at the computer screen and ignoring him. Mind you, he started it by spending hours on footy sites. What's sauce for the goose and all that!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I know what you mean! My OH gets fed up with me sniggering at the computer screen and ignoring him. Mind you, he started it by spending hours on footy sites. What's sauce for the goose and all that!
lol perhaps I shoud get him a laptop and we can converse online.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:23 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Graz has spent this evening playing online on the playstation so i can get away with being on here
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
Graz has spent this evening playing online on the playstation so i can get away with being on here
lucky thing!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

lol perhaps I shoud get him a laptop and we can converse online.
LOL. Tiggs and Graz do that sometimes!
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BTW - have you noticed, whenever 2 or 3, WPHS regulars meet, this happens???

Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

BTW - have you noticed, whenever 2 or 3, WPHS regulars meet, this happens???

what? we all go completely off topic? that is because we have all lost the plot trying to sell our houses.
Old Oct 17th 2007, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Was in the same position 7 years ago, changed agents and the flat sold within 2 months.........certainly worth a try. Good luck!!

Debbie
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Warning: be very careful with the HIPS regulations.

We also looked at changing estate agents...

Our 3 bed house was put on the market before it needed a HIP. If we were to put it on the market now, it would. The sale must go from one estate agent to the other at exactly the same time (not even one day off the market) otherwise it is necessary to get a HIP done.

May be your not in this position, but if you are just check out the rules about HIPS.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

what? we all go completely off topic? that is because we have all lost the plot trying to sell our houses.
VERY TRUE!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Roger - we are 2 bed so dont need hip just yet. one less thing to worry about.

Had call from agents today - very disappointed to have been given notice, but they have pulled a viewer out of hte bag. I am hoping this will be the one as this EA charges half the commision of new one