British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Championship League Football Foxtel Saturday 7th May (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/championship-league-football-foxtel-saturday-7th-may-715904/)

ozzieeagle May 6th 2011 9:56 am

Championship League Football Foxtel Saturday 7th May

Can confirm that the last game of the season, Will be Crystal Palace v Notts Forest... fresh from the Palace Boards about 60 mins ago.

Our Foxtel Aus contact is 99.9 pct sure this will be the game. It's certainly going to be on in England.

They also have QPR being docked 10 points, so looks like they may have to go through the playoffs.

Wouldn't like to be in Forests shoes tomorrow ;)

Pollyana May 6th 2011 10:06 am

Re: Championship League Football Foxtel Saturday 7th May

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 9346899)
Can confirm that the last game of the season, Will be Crystal Palace v Notts Forest... fresh from the Palace Boards about 60 mins ago.

Our Foxtel Aus contact is 99.9 pct sure this will be the game. It's certainly going to be on in England.

They also have QPR being docked 10 points, so looks like they may have to go through the playoffs.

Wouldn't like to be in Forests shoes tomorrow ;)

My nerves are a wreck already, don't pile on any more pressure :D

ozzieeagle May 6th 2011 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9346918)
My nerves are a wreck already, don't pile on any more pressure :D

I think it's close to a sell out.... 25,000 plus. Also Palace want to send a message to the rest of the Championship for next year.

I think I may well check out the odds for this game.

It will be very loud.

They love having Brighton back in the Division.

sooperlids May 6th 2011 10:17 am

5-0 to Place. And 1 nil to Leeds against QPhaha would do nicely.

And I will be @ the Walkabout in Shepherds bush for pre match beer. :thumbup:

Pollyana May 6th 2011 10:20 am

Originally Posted by sooperlids (Post 9346936)
5-0 to Place. And 1 nil to Leeds against QPhaha would do nicely.

And I will be @ the Walkabout in Shepherds bush for pre match beer. :thumbup:

7-0 to Leeeeeeeeds would be better, as long as QPR also get docked enough points to drop them below the playoffs and let Leeds join Forest ....highly unlikely scenario but i can dream!

northernbird May 6th 2011 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9346941)
7-0 to Leeeeeeeeds would be better, as long as QPR also get docked enough points to drop them below the playoffs and let Leeds join Forest ....highly unlikely scenario but i can dream!

My hairdresser is a Leeds fan who is back in the UK at the mo, he goes back for the final games of the season if they stand a chance of getting promotion! I feel for him that it has gone this close to the wire, they certainly haven't made it easy on themselves!

ozzieeagle May 6th 2011 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 9348257)
My hairdresser is a Leeds fan who is back in the UK at the mo, he goes back for the final games of the season if they stand a chance of getting promotion! I feel for him that it has gone this close to the wire, they certainly haven't made it easy on themselves!

The Palace fans are planning a party at Selhurst today... the feel their admin troubles are definitely over now and they can move forwards. The plan seems to be a 2 - 0 celebration type win over Forest... So its up to Leeds how they handle that one.

Very much appreicate the crucial 3 points at the right time from Leeds so all the best to them :thumbup:

Game definitely on in the UK... over here now it's now apparently down the red button viewers choice. Which was definitely on this time last year.

The Palace thread says Game definitely on in Aus though.

There is always ......

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...pline=football ;)

ozzieeagle May 7th 2011 4:50 am

Bugger... posted 15 mins ago. Quote

UPDATE**

To all aussies out there, i dont think the game is going to be on Foxtel to be honest. I could be wrong & i really hope i am but ive heard from an inside source at Foxtel that they will be showing the QPR vs Leeds game on Fox Sports & wont be doing a viewers choice option. im so *****in gutted. like a kick in the guts. dont know when they cant just do the viewers choice option.

now i could be wrong, but we wont know til the last minute as the Fox Sports website & the Foxtel tv programme guide WONT update their info & let everybody know what game they are showing. Looks like they wont let anybody know until the last minute. They really are annoying!!!!

I've called Charles Sickens, the old bloke 'Ivo' will definitely show the game if its on Foxtel but he cant get sky sports2 on his satellite & he cant confirm they will show the game if it hasn't been confirmed on Foxtel.

Im going to ring the Charles Dickens pub again later on & see if Ivo knows anything new. I'll maybe ring Foxtel Customer Service to see if they know any more as well later today, so come back on here & check later on to see if we are going to watch the game together at the pub, otherwise im afraid its going to have to be a live stream.

Pollyana May 7th 2011 5:32 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 9348562)
Bugger... posted 15 mins ago. Quote

UPDATE**

To all aussies out there, i dont think the game is going to be on Foxtel to be honest. I could be wrong & i really hope i am but ive heard from an inside source at Foxtel that they will be showing the QPR vs Leeds game on Fox Sports & wont be doing a viewers choice option. im so *****in gutted. like a kick in the guts. dont know when they cant just do the viewers choice option.

now i could be wrong, but we wont know til the last minute as the Fox Sports website & the Foxtel tv programme guide WONT update their info & let everybody know what game they are showing. Looks like they wont let anybody know until the last minute. They really are annoying!!!!

I've called Charles Sickens, the old bloke 'Ivo' will definitely show the game if its on Foxtel but he cant get sky sports2 on his satellite & he cant confirm they will show the game if it hasn't been confirmed on Foxtel.

Im going to ring the Charles Dickens pub again later on & see if Ivo knows anything new. I'll maybe ring Foxtel Customer Service to see if they know any more as well later today, so come back on here & check later on to see if we are going to watch the game together at the pub, otherwise im afraid its going to have to be a live stream.

I'll be surprised to be honest, I've been expecting it to be the Leeeeeeeds vs QPR. Can't watch it anyway, but I'll pester someone to record it for me just in case its the Forest game.

May the best team win, Mr Eagle........... :fingerscrossed:

ozzieeagle May 7th 2011 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9348582)
I'll be surprised to be honest, I've been expecting it to be the Leeeeeeeds vs QPR. Can't watch it anyway, but I'll pester someone to record it for me just in case its the Forest game.

May the best team win, Mr Eagle........... :fingerscrossed:

This time last year, they had viewers choice on the championship game. There is a concerted effort going on by Palace Fans here...around 300 members of the Australian board contingent have been calling foxsports trying to get the red "choice" button enabled for tonights game.

Forest fans can help of of these boards by dialing fox sports on 131 999

Game is Sold out now, with only the buffer zone left Forest have sold around 4,000 tickets. The buffer zone = to 3,000 empty seats unfortunately.

If the worst comes to worst there should be a 700 kbs stream on this site... make sure you download sopcast.

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...pline=football

I've got quite a few people coming around for tonights game... I may have to hook the computer up to the TV methinks.

Pollyana May 7th 2011 9:03 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 9348681)
This time last year, they had viewers choice on the championship game. There is a concerted effort going on by Palace Fans here...around 300 members of the Australian board contingent have been calling foxsports trying to get the red "choice" button enabled for tonights game.

Forest fans can help of of these boards by dialing fox sports on 131 999

Game is Sold out now, with only the buffer zone left Forest have sold around 4,000 tickets. The buffer zone = to 3,000 empty seats unfortunately.

If the worst comes to worst there should be a 700 kbs stream on this site... make sure you download sopcast.

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?...pline=football

I've got quite a few people coming around for tonights game... I may have to hook the computer up to the TV methinks.

Well I've got no-one who can record the game for me now, which is probably a good sign for Forest. They win more often when I'm not watching I'm at work too so no streaming etc. never mind, I'll go back to Ye Olde BBC text commentary - I'm only an armchair fan after all, through no fault of my own :(

Bernieboy May 7th 2011 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 9348806)
Well I've got no-one who can record the game for me now, which is probably a good sign for Forest. They win more often when I'm not watching I'm at work too so no streaming etc. never mind, I'll go back to Ye Olde BBC text commentary - I'm only an armchair fan after all, through no fault of my own :(

At last,a confession,now we can burn her !!!!!!!

Pollyana May 7th 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 9348951)

Can I find out the score today first pleeeease?!

Pollyana May 7th 2011 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly (Post 9348951)

You can tie me to the stake and burn me now, I shall go with a smile on my face!!

I may be an office-chair supporter (as opposed to an armchair supporter!) but I'm still partying over Forest making the playoffs :D :D :D :D :wub:

(deepest sympathies to you Ozzieeagle, sounded like a fantastic match, and to Bernie......poor Leeeeeeeeds, so near yet so far :(

ozzieeagle May 7th 2011 1:46 pm

Errrm nothing to see here move along.... :o

Good luck to Forest in the play offs :thumbup: