Wikiposts

chain e-mails

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default chain e-mails

What do you do with the e-mail that tells you to pass it on to people within a certain time limit?

Normally I just delete them, but had one this morning puporting to be from the soldiers in Afghanistan, showing how they sleep etc, and telling me to send it to 13 people in 15 mins. I deleted it, and was quite annoyed, as it is a form of emotional blackmail. I actually responded to the friend who sent it, asking her not to send me any more things like that, and repeating my views that the original sender who demanded it be passed on was a bully.

Not sure how that will go down. And yes I'm grumpy this morning. It's raining so I have a day cooped up with 40 three year olds. My friend normally sends light hearted things, so I was not expecting the images that appeared.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: chain e-mails

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

Normally I just delete them, but had one this morning puporting to be from the soldiers in Afghanistan, showing how they sleep etc, and telling me to send it to 13 people in 15 mins.
Send it to Juliar Gillard.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 9:12 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

What do you do with the e-mail that tells you to pass it on to people within a certain time limit?

Normally I just delete them, but had one this morning puporting to be from the soldiers in Afghanistan, showing how they sleep etc, and telling me to send it to 13 people in 15 mins. I deleted it, and was quite annoyed, as it is a form of emotional blackmail. I actually responded to the friend who sent it, asking her not to send me any more things like that, and repeating my views that the original sender who demanded it be passed on was a bully.

Not sure how that will go down. And yes I'm grumpy this morning. It's raining so I have a day cooped up with 40 three year olds. My friend normally sends light hearted things, so I was not expecting the images that appeared.
If 5 people respond to this post in the next 30 mins it may stop raining for you
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:04 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I forward some if they are really nice but generally don't. Some are not so nice & I would wonder why a friend would send such a thing.
At the end of the day, you have a right to chose what you do with mail sent to you & if you don't want more, your friend needs to know.
Hope your day is not too bad!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 12:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I treat them in a similar way I treat requests from FB people that if I 'like' a status or agree with a status I must repost it in my status.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw chain letters up and sling them in the bin..... Same with chain emails and MOST facebook status request things.... I will link it if its a good article/ cause... But thats not the same as asking some one to post it as their status...
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I really abhor the warning ones...Things like there's a new virus on the way, or talking about non existent cons at supermarkets that surfaced in the US about 6 years back. The Racist ones are right over the top.

The funniest one was the reverse your pin number at a Auto Teller if your being held up.

I've fallen out with people over this kind of stuff... as some people seem to take it seriously. When I point them at Snopes they either say that's in America... even though the wording is exactly the same, or get mad for being shown up.

I'm not sure why Chain or Warning emails annoy me so much but they really get my goat.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 2nd 2011 at 5:52 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend that sends me these things regularly and I hate it, sometimes they say things like you will have 8 years of bad luck or something terrible is going to happen if you don't pass it on.

Whilst I am not particularly superstitious, I am not the complete opposite either. I always delete them on principle but I really hate the fact that a friend sends horrible things like that to me. I have never said anything to her though.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I have a friend that sends me these things regularly and I hate it, sometimes they say things like you will have 8 years of bad luck or something terrible is going to happen if you don't pass it on.

Whilst I am not particularly superstitious, I am not the complete opposite either. I always delete them on principle but I really hate the fact that a friend sends horrible things like that to me. I have never said anything to her though.
Thats very naughty of you..... Why dont you Send her an email telling her how you feel about the crap she send s you... And add that if she doesnt pass this on to all her contacts on her email account within 20 minutes she'll stub her toe on a lounge suite, it'll become in fected and even AFTER she's had her leg amputated she'll die of septacaemia????
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 11:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I've had that one as well, just deleted and ignored it.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I treat them in a similar way I treat requests from FB people that if I 'like' a status or agree with a status I must repost it in my status.
That really bugs me too - I have hidden some friends status updates cos they just seem to spend all their time doing that!

Originally Posted by eddie007
Thats very naughty of you..... Why dont you Send her an email telling her how you feel about the crap she send s you... And add that if she doesnt pass this on to all her contacts on her email account within 20 minutes she'll stub her toe on a lounge suite, it'll become in fected and even AFTER she's had her leg amputated she'll die of septacaemia????
Will have to try that one!
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 1:19 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I delete them all and I'm still here
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:00 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I delete them and kindly advise sender that chains are a potential security risk.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by IvanM
I delete them and kindly advise sender that chains are a potential security risk.
When we immigrated KEvin was in her neo punk goth stage... The chains and new rocks had to come off at EVERY security check coz she was so alarming... Setting off the alarms that is....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.