CELTIC beat rangers.

CELTIC beat rangers.

Old Mar 4th 2011, 8:05 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CELTIC beat rangers.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
So be it.

Failsworth Dynamos vs Celtic at South Failsworth School sports field would be a full house I imagine.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I do what you, no doubt, do. I watch the Premier League on the box.

Rangers turnover 2010 was 56m.. that puts them on a par with Blackburn Rovers. Scottish football is a forgotten backwater.
I don't really watch the English football. It has deterioated and is now inferior to the Spanish game.
I was a Man City fan since I was a kid but I tend to dislike clubs who purely try to buy success.
You're attempts at wind up smack of "my dad is bigger than your dad".
Celtic on there own would be a boost to the English league given the good nature generally of their fans. Think of the boost to the economy of ten thousand fans spending their money in some of the poor areas in the north of England.
Celtic and Rangers's fate is in the hands of the broadcaster who will make the big decisions .
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:50 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
No, I think Kevin747 got it right actually.

Rangers and Celtic are a million light years apart, in all aspects. Above that, Rangers are notorious internationally, they have been banned from ..... well I've lost count how many times and places actually. Celtic have an amazing record and an amazing reputation, loved all around the world.

Your team however, is completely plastic. End of.

REAL Manc's support Man City anyhoo. Or are you a woolly back in disguise?
Man Utd has had an affiliation with Celtic for years.
In my Dads day if you were Catholic you followed Utd. Protestant you supported City.He also followed Celtic.
When they went from being Newton Heath to Man U they were tossing up with the idea of being called Manchester Celtic.
Do you think you could have supported the Manchester Celtic
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:18 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic, and not just on a 'sporting' level ...
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Totally agree with you.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:37 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Totally agree with you.
Every idiot needs a sidekick
Old Mar 4th 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Every idiot needs a sidekick
two with one stone...clever you.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Explain please. I supported Man City because Rodney Marsh was a boyhood hero of mine.
In the west of Scotland lots of folk from non catholic backgrounds support Celtic,it's not the same with Rangers.
I know Rangers fans who are thouroghly decent as individuals but collectively they still have a "Paddy bashing" mentality and have links to far right and ultra unionist organisations.Rangers FC have to their credit tried to eradicate this to an extent but the rump remain.
They remind me of many South African white and American rednecks in their lack of sophistication and they represent much of the poorest and uneducated in Scottish society.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 7:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kevin747
I don't really watch the English football. It has deterioated and is now inferior to the Spanish game.
I was a Man City fan since I was a kid but I tend to dislike clubs who purely try to buy success.
You're attempts at wind up smack of "my dad is bigger than your dad".
Celtic on there own would be a boost to the English league given the good nature generally of their fans. Think of the boost to the economy of ten thousand fans spending their money in some of the poor areas in the north of England.
Celtic and Rangers's fate is in the hands of the broadcaster who will make the big decisions .
Celtic and Rangers fans as an economic boost to the poor English folk down South. How thoughtful of them.

Both Celtic and Rangers are still 'big clubs' only in the sense that millions of people around the globe still call themselves Scottish and support the 'Old Firm', despite their only contact with Scotland, ever, being a tin of shortcake biscuits at Christmas and an Arbroath Smokie for breakfast.

Celtic and Rangers fate is in the hands of the teams in the Premier League. Do you think that they will ever vote to have a couple of them kicked out so that Celtic and Rangers can be parachuted in?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the Old Firm rivalry is also an economic engine which contributes 120m pounds to the Scottish economy with a good chunk coming in from England, of all places.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4635535.stm
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CelticRover
Apparently the Old Firm rivalry is also an economic engine which contributes 120m pounds to the Scottish economy with a good chunk coming in from England, of all places.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4635535.stm
I wonder how many people they employ now? It's 876 between them in the article, but that article is nearly six years old.
Old Mar 4th 2011, 9:27 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
11 yellow cards for rangers,3 rangers sent off,nuff said,they are the scum of the football world
Only 3 reds? A long way to catch up with the Argies and 36 red cards in one match!
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I wonder how many people they employ now? It's 876 between them in the article, but that article is nearly six years old.
Actually, using the multiplier effect of spending one pound sterling, the article actually claims that the Old Firm supports over 3000 jobs. Other more recent reports continue to repeat the 120 m figure without any more current studies, and so I don't know if it is higher or lower today.

What do you think?
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:49 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
Explain please. I supported Man City because Rodney Marsh was a boyhood hero of mine.
In the west of Scotland lots of folk from non catholic backgrounds support Celtic,it's not the same with Rangers.
I know Rangers fans who are thouroghly decent as individuals but collectively they still have a "Paddy bashing" mentality and have links to far right and ultra unionist organisations.Rangers FC have to their credit tried to eradicate this to an extent but the rump remain.
They remind me of many South African white and American rednecks in their lack of sophistication and they represent much of the poorest and uneducated in Scottish society.
It just strikes me that all this tribal stuff, the perpetuation of rivalries and old scores to settle is a bit ... pathetic.

And that is without adding the layer of religion, which is just fantasy bollocks laid on top of what is essentially just some blokes kicking a ball.

Yeh, I'm sure there are decent people on both sides who may actually like the game but as a whole the 'Old Firm' thing just smacks of two sets of overgrown schoolkids having a playground fight.

How this differs from my support of the England cricket team in the hope they will cart the Aussies to all corners is a moot point and probably one, in retrospect, I should avoid
Old Mar 4th 2011, 11:57 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

It just strikes me that all this tribal stuff, the perpetuation of rivalries and old scores to settle is a bit ... pathetic.

And that is without adding the layer of religion, which is just fantasy bollocks laid on top of what is essentially just some blokes kicking a ball.

Yeh, I'm sure there are decent people on both sides who may actually like the game but as a whole the 'Old Firm' thing just smacks of two sets of overgrown schoolkids having a playground fight.

How this differs from my support of the England cricket team in the hope they will cart the Aussies to all corners is a moot point and probably one, in retrospect, I should avoid
There is 'tribal stuff' in English football too ya know.

Just that it's more noticeable in The Old Firm because of the sectarian history.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.