Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:37 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

I prob would have said nothing and fumed in silent.. my other half would have kicked him out for stealing..

we are very good cop bad cop in our house

Em x
Old Oct 29th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Husband confronted them this morning - their head packer told us to contact the manager immediately.The offender has paid for the bottle.The worse thing was the head packer said "I'm very disappointed in you Barry especially as this is not the first time" .
We showed them photos of the terrible packing and told them it had better fit in a 20ft container and not try suggest it will not fit and we need an upgrade !
We will see what the day brings !

Last edited by Reading fan; Oct 29th 2008 at 10:31 am.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:20 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Reading fan
The worse thing was the head packer said "I'm very disappointed in you Barry especially as this is not the first time"
THAT is shocking !!!! whadda ya have to do to get sacked these days?!!!!

Em x
Old Oct 29th 2008, 10:53 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Husband confronted them this morning - their head packer told us to contact the manager immediately.The offender has paid for the bottle.The worse thing was the head packer said "I'm very disappointed in you Barry especially as this is not the first time" .
We showed them photos of the terrible packing and told them it had better fit in a 20ft container and not try suggest it will not fit and we need an upgrade !
well done on confronting them, I'm not very good at confrontation
Take my hat off to you.
J x
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
well done on confronting them, I'm not very good at confrontation
Take my hat off to you.
J x
Ditto
Old Oct 29th 2008, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

the head packer said "I'm very disappointed in you Barry
Well then...
Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:59 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I know I shouldn't but I did laugh out loud when I read that comment!

Next he'll be sending Barry to the naughty step
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:51 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'd be asking for a repack - if things are rattling around in boxes liek that then they're going to end up broken by the time you see them again.

And don't take your eyes of Barry lol
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Wasn't Barry one of the Chuckle Brothers? To you - Ter me.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Well the stuff has gone and hubby gave the other packers the money that Barry gave him for the whiskey.
At least the stuff fitted so we are happy now

Last edited by Reading fan; Oct 30th 2008 at 10:39 am.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

MattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really niceMattW82 is just really nice

They sound like a bunch of charlatans to be honest, which company is it?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant futureLooking forward to Oz has a brilliant future

It's really annoying when something so exciting can be such a nightmare. It puts a whole dampner on things!

Instead of feeling joyfull and excited to see your stuff leave your house you'll now be left with the worry of whether it will get there in one piece!

I feel for you. Good luck. Update us when your stuff arrives! xx
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

snoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant futuresnoo has a brilliant future

The one thing that shocked me about this post was 'tipping' the removal guys!! It wouldn't have crossed my mind to tip them!!
Where does tipping end?? It costs me £85 to get my hair done and I feel obliged to leave a fiver tip....and it annoys me!! A price should be a price!! I'm a childminder...no one tips me for looking after the most precious things in the parents lives!! My husband manages 200 people....he's paid to work 8.30-5pm...but does 6am-6pm...for no extra, never mind a tip!! I know it sounds tight and I do always tip the workers such as students working part time to pay for studies who are on min-wage! But It wouldn't even have entered my head to tip removal guys!! If I'd had the experience of Reading Fan I would have seriously considered whether to pay for the service at all!! Cheeky buggers!!
xx
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:33 pm
G'day Sport

Rick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of lightRick C is a glorious beacon of light

I must admit, I'm with you on the tipping.

I don't agree with tipping for tippings sake. If they have gone above and beyond their normal duties then yeah give them a tip, but if it's shoddy then stuff em.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Shipping/Packing - it's got to be up there in the Top 10 Life Stressors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.