Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all
Default Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

We currently have the packers in - just came in the back door and caught one of them swigging whiskey from a half full bottle (Tamdhu as well not a cheap one).Should I say anything ? It was about 15 mins ago !
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:51 pm
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caught the packers swigging from whiskey !!

Originally Posted by Reading fan
We currently have the packers in - just came in the back door and caught one of them swigging whiskey from a half full bottle (Tamdhu as well not a cheap one).Should I say anything ? It was about 15 mins ago !
ask him if he wants ice with it
Old Oct 28th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

janjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nicejanjanxx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Icarus
ask him if he wants ice with it
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Well, yes, I would say something.

And I wouldn't drink from it again either. Who knows what he's got!

A letter to his manager would be in order.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, definitely say something - as xzibit says, his manager needs to be informed. May be only a swig of whiskey, but what next.....enough stories around about things going missing at various points during shipping.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

Djamba is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it this was YOUR whiskey? In which case too right. Report it and demand a refund for the price of the bottle.

Cheeky swine....stealing a mans scotch is close to touching his woman!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:02 pm

Ruby slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you ran a tab. Bloomin cheeky swine! Definately write to the company...you don't need that little added bonus! I think you would like to see your possesions again rather than sprawled across a motorway?!? Hope he wasn't the driver.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Was it your whiskey from your house? If so then yes i would very much say some thing.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Poor man may have a problem, I would have kicked his arse out my house lol
x
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:17 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Cheeky git, say something
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Hi guys thanks for all the replies. The packers left at 3.30pm and we have just first sorting out all the shit they left. I can honestly say the packing experience has been soured for me.
My hubby has retrieved the said bottle of whiskey (ours) and it is now pointedly sitting on the side ready for the morning.He is going to demand £30.
The packing has just been terrible (we are seasoned movers in fact ping ponging back)- we have found large boxes with just a small mirror 30cm x 15cm approx and the iron - no packaging and probably 3/4 of the box empty-This has been the case in every box we have opened. feeling very disappointed tonight and i will be complaining to the company (V well known).Good luck everyone else
Old Oct 28th 2008, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that you have had such a bad experience. Hope you will complain, some re-packing def in order!
Good luck!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 11:31 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late now but I would have made a point of giving him the bottle in front of his colleagues and saying something like, "I see you've already taken your tip".

When we did a cross-town move in Singapore, the packers asked us if they could have one of our (many ) bottles of spirits. I thought they had a cheek but it's so cheap at Changi Airport although they'll probably never set foot in it, so it was worth a lot more to them than to us and became their tip. Win-win.
Old Oct 29th 2008, 7:45 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think if it were me I would have immediately phoned the company and let them know that not only was their man stealing from you, he was drinking when he was supposed to be working. I would then have told the company that they had best get another crew around PDQ to replace the tosser you just kicked out of your house. (And just because I'm a spiteful bitch I would have rung the police to report the drunk driver who on my street as they leave).
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:09 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Djamba
I take it this was YOUR whiskey? In which case too right. Report it and demand a refund for the price of the bottle.

Cheeky swine....stealing a mans scotch is close to touching his woman!
If its his, tell him their his corkage for alcohol consumped on ones premises.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.