Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

caught burglar in house today

caught burglar in house today

Old May 10th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default caught burglar in house today

My hubby Mark drove me to work at 6.30am today and then returned home around 7am to find a mountain bike in the car port.

Thinking it was strange as the bike had not been there when we left earlier he walked in to the house and immediatly noticed his wallet and phone were missing from kitchen work top.

Then he noticed that the patio door leading to back yard was wide open.

Mark then quickly left the house and went to his van to get a hammer to protect himself and remained outside waiting for who ever was inside to come back out.

After only a few minutes he notices a head pop around the corner from the side of the house and a guy in his 20's walks down the path towards Mark.

The guys is obviously under the influence of drugs as he could hardly string 2 words together.

Mark proceeds to swing his hammer and tell the guy to empty his pockets as he wants his wallet and phone back.

The guy says no worries mate empties pockets returns items and even offers Mark a single dollar he has in his pocket saying you may as well have this aswell mate lol.

Mark says is there anyone else in my house because if there is you had better get him out or I will kill him if I go in and find him.

The guy then says nah mate he did a runner over the fence but if you see him then give him a smack for me as the little shit has really dropped me in it.

Mark then just lets the little shit leave on his friggin mountain bike.

When he rang me at work this morning to tell me I didn't know whether to laugh or bloody cry.

I phoned the police and they were here within 5 minutes and the guy fits a description of someone who has been doing alot of robberies in this area Currambine.

Now I have to decide what to do with Mark

Maggy
Old May 10th 2007, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: caught burglar in house today

My goodness!

Well, I think that he probably kept a level head, all things considered.....pity he didn't do a "citizen's arrest" though. It sounds like your Mark was very brave.
Old May 10th 2007, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

nzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nicenzer57 is just really nice

Karma for you and he did a grand job. The lad deserves something special (wink wink)
Old May 10th 2007, 7:59 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

i think your hub had a bloody close escape

I've come across people high on drugs and he's lucky that this one was amenable

Mind you i do take my hat off to him for not being a victim, makes me so bloody cross that people think they can just help themselves to things that belong to other people!!!! :curse:

We've had a spate of attempted break-in's and thefts, and i supposedly live in a good area

Neighbours over the road almost had their car stolen today :curse:

i am pleased that you got all your stuff back though, you were very lucky

Had you left a door unlocked????

Or did they force their way in??

blimey just had a thought, they must have watched you go to know you wern't there at that time of the morning
Old May 10th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
i think your hub had a bloody close escape

I've come across people high on drugs and he's lucky that this one was amenable

Mind you i do take my hat off to him for not being a victim, makes me so bloody cross that people think they can just help themselves to things that belong to other people!!!! :curse:

We've had a spate of attempted break-in's and thefts, and i supposedly live in a good area

Neighbours over the road almost had their car stolen today :curse:

i am pleased that you got all your stuff back though, you were very lucky

Had you left a door unlocked????

Or did they force their way in??

blimey just had a thought, they must have watched you go to know you wern't there at that time of the morning

Yeh we reckon he had been watching the house.

We stupidly forgot to lock the door as we were in a hurry.

The most worrying thing was my son Mike 17 years old was in his bed when it happened. Mike said he heard someone open patio door but just assumed it was Mark and I so payed no attention.

Thank god as Its terrifying thinking he may have been badly hurt had he got up to investigate.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
My hubby Mark drove me to work at 6.30am today and then returned home around 7am to find a mountain bike in the car port.

Thinking it was strange as the bike had not been there when we left earlier he walked in to the house and immediatly noticed his wallet and phone were missing from kitchen work top.

Mark then quickly left the house and went to his van to get a hammer to protect himself and remained outside waiting for who ever was inside to come back out.

After only a few minutes he notices a head pop around the corner from the side of the house and a guy in his 20's walks down the path towards Mark.

The guys is obviously under the influence of drugs as he could hardly string 2 words together.

Mark proceeds to swing his hammer and tell the guy to empty his pockets as he wants his wallet and phone back.

The guy says no worries mate empties pockets returns items and even offers Mark a single dollar he has in his pocket saying you may as well have this aswell mate lol.

Mark says is there anyone else in my house because if there is you had better get him out or I will kill him if I go in and find him.

The guy then says nah mate he did a runner over the fence but if you see him then give him a smack for me as the little shit has really dropped me in it.

When he rang me at work this morning to tell me I didn't know whether to laugh or bloody cry.

I phoned the police and they were here within 5 minutes and the guy fits a description of someone who has been doing alot of robberies in this area Currambine.

Maggy
OMG Im just happy that things turned out the way they did, you are very lucky that the sh*t new his luck had ran out. If your Mark had of hammered the Bas***d would he have been hauled up infront of a judge on GBH or are the Australians more for self defence and protecting your own property. Only asking as my old neighbour got 4months inside for smacking a couple of lads (both aged 17) who where having a laugh by smashing his car windscreens and lights. My neighbour was 77 ish at the time.
Sam xxx
Old May 10th 2007, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samnsam
OMG Im just happy that things turned out the way they did, you are very lucky that the sh*t new his luck had ran out. If your Mark had of hammered the Bas***d would he have been hauled up infront of a judge on GBH or are the Australians more for self defence and protecting your own property. Only asking as my old neighbour got 4months inside for smacking a couple of lads (both aged 17) who where having a laugh by smashing his car windscreens and lights. My neighbour was 77 ish at the time.
Sam xxx
In Australia you are allowed to use reasonable force to protect yourself and property but I think swinging a hammer may be a little much lol.

In saying that there was a guy on the news yesterday from Perth who had been broken into and he went for the burglars with a samuri sword and actually cut one of them.

The police say that they will get DNA from blood on sword and this may help catch burglars.

The police were fantastic had 2 at door within minutes and another patrol car going around looking for the guy.

The police man was from London been here 7 months ended up telling him we are thinking of relocating to Hobart and he left with brochures to show his wife lol as he liked the look of it.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Yeh we reckon he had been watching the house.

We stupidly forgot to lock the door as we were in a hurry.

The most worrying thing was my son Mike 17 years old was in his bed when it happened. Mike said he heard someone open patio door but just assumed it was Mark and I so payed no attention.

Thank god as Its terrifying thinking he may have been badly hurt had he got up to investigate.
We were broken into a SNOBBED by the burgulars!!! They didnt take a thing, the only reason we knew they had been in was the o/h was asleep in bed (night shift) woke up when someone walked in the room.. I think he can be pretty scarey to look at at that time of day as well, but it seemed to do the trick as they pissed off. They forced there way through a security screen (shite one it turns out, and a patio door) The alarm did nothing as a deterant even with its fancy flashing red eye.
O/H just went back to sleep as apparently he just thought it was me popping back from work! (he has failed to recognise me before, but was very very pissed at the time )
Police came and were actually really good, we had a few break-ins around our local streets over that two weeks, police did a few walk arounds and it stopped.
Usually kids by us, they may be smaked off there heads or glued up to eye balls but kids all the same apaprently!
Old May 10th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Birdey
We were broken into a SNOBBED by the burgulars!!! They didnt take a thing, the only reason we knew they had been in was the o/h was asleep in bed (night shift) woke up when someone walked in the room.. I think he can be pretty scarey to look at at that time of day as well, but it seemed to do the trick as they pissed off. They forced there way through a security screen (shite one it turns out, and a patio door) The alarm did nothing as a deterant even with its fancy flashing red eye.
O/H just went back to sleep as apparently he just thought it was me popping back from work! (he has failed to recognise me before, but was very very pissed at the time )
Police came and were actually really good, we had a few break-ins around our local streets over that two weeks, police did a few walk arounds and it stopped.
Usually kids by us, they may be smaked off there heads or glued up to eye balls but kids all the same apaprently!

If they had broken in and saw me in bed first thing in the morning they would of had a bloody heart attack lol
Old May 10th 2007, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

If they had broken in and saw me in bed first thing in the morning they would of had a bloody heart attack lol
Lol
Old May 10th 2007, 8:51 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

thank goodness he was OK and that, as someone else said, the chap realised his luck was out.
Old May 10th 2007, 8:59 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Maggy
FFS he didnae rob yer Gin did he hen?
Old May 10th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by biggy
FFS he didnae rob yer Gin did he hen?
Nah doll I must be psychic as I drank it all last night

He would have been a dead man had he touched my medicine especially since im hormonal this week lol.

But poor Mark is going to be bloody devestated when he wakes up from his wee sleep to find the little shit has stolen all his beers from the fridge.

Thieving little twats

Last edited by maggy; May 10th 2007 at 9:11 am.
Old May 10th 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

wafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond reputewafc has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to your hubby for sorting it out, although I think I would've held him there until the boys in blue arrived to take him for a kip in the nick!!

They seem to like burglaries here in Perth!!
Old May 10th 2007, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Nah doll I must be psychic as I drank it all last night

He would have been a dead man had he touched my medicine especially since im hormonal this week lol.

But poor Mark is going to be bloody devestated when he wakes up from his wee sleep to find the little shit has stolen all his beers from the fridge.

Thieving little twats
Strange that Maggy, some bastard has been in a drank our "weekend wine" (on a budget in NZ) tonight, Im glad its not just me who gets visited by the alcohol nappers. and luck there is evidence for the o/h when he gets in from a late shift, that its not only me who this happend too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.