Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

View Poll Results: Is Julia Gillard a bare-faced liar?
Gillard is justified in breaking her pre-election promise.
18.67%
Gillard is a bare faced liar and has no mandate to impose a carbon tax.
81.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:39 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

Looks like Auntie is in the grand conspiracy amongst they!
Old Apr 16th 2011, 9:58 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
Damn – you are right, the BBC is so right wing capitalist isn’t it.

1. To quote the London Evening Standard September 2010: The BBC was guilty of a “massive bias to the Left” in the past, director general Mark Thompson has said.He said staff were “quite mystified” by the rise of Margaret Thatcher but that there was “less overt tribalism” among its journalists.Conservative commentators have long criticised the BBC for being a hotbed of Left-wingers and an internal report from 2007 said it had to make greater efforts to avoid liberal bias.

2. The BBC themselves said in a leaked account of an ‘impartiality summit’ called by BBC chairman Michael Grade and hosted by veteran broadcaster Sue Lawley, BBC executives admitted the corporation is dominated by homosexuals and people from ethnic minorities, deliberately promotes multiculturalism, is anti-American, anti-countryside and more sensitive to the feelings of Muslims than Christians.

3. Michael Buerk said in his introduction to Moral Maze, “To question multiculturalism... risked being branded racist and pushed into the loathesome corner with paedophiles and climate change deniers" (nice that I get lumped with racists and paedophiles by the BBC)

I could go on, but would just point you to this site:

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/searc...imate%20change
Interesting - you don't *get* irony/sarcasm, do you? (And yes, I do know the difference)
Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I just did a massive curry fart - I take everything back that I have said - MMGW IS real
Old Apr 16th 2011, 12:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Ah, that would be the arch-capitalist BBC crowd that have researched the subject?
more like arch-communist! Bunch of pommy, pinko loser/wankers
Old Apr 16th 2011, 1:49 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Interesting - you don't *get* irony/sarcasm, do you? (And yes, I do know the difference)
Frankly, when a government slips its grubby little hand into my wallet and says it’s for my own good, irony and sarcasm fly out the door.

Oh how I will laugh when my power bill doubles due to moronic government action to patronise climate alarmists.

Oh how I will fall on the floor laughing when unemployment rises as companies cut back, because countries like China don’t impose draconian carbon taxes and we do.

If you really want to show me irony, show me clips of international climate change tourists getting off a jet after a conference…….

Old Apr 16th 2011, 11:17 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

>>If you really want to show me irony, show me clips of international climate change tourists getting off a jet after a conference…….
<<

Oh - we agree at last!
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Climate models are starting to appear too hot compared to reality.........

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...dels_seem_hot/

'Currently, these results indicate a fairly strong rejection of the hypothesis that the multi-model mean and HadCrut agree. This does not reject the notion that some individual models might be correct, but it strongly suggest that the mean over all models is high. That means: At least some models are biased high relative to HadCrut for the current period. We are not currently getting as strong results with GISTemp or NOAA, so it’s possible the problem lies with HadCrut… or not…'

Either the models are wrong or the method of measuring the temperature is wrong, there is a massive fail somewhere along the line...

Last edited by jimbo_d; Apr 17th 2011 at 9:11 am.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical Murdoch opinion piece put together to suit Andrew Bolt's already known opinions. That is not science nor should any piece of media be evidenced as giving weight to the argument either way. Given it is a crappy tabloid the weight is less than Zulus earlier guff.

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Climate models are starting to appear too hot compared to reality.........

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/a...dels_seem_hot/

'Currently, these results indicate a fairly strong rejection of the hypothesis that the multi-model mean and HadCrut agree. This does not reject the notion that some individual models might be correct, but it strongly suggest that the mean over all models is high. That means: At least some models are biased high relative to HadCrut for the current period. We are not currently getting as strong results with GISTemp or NOAA, so it’s possible the problem lies with HadCrut… or not…'

Either the models are wrong or the method of measuring the temperature is wrong, there is a massive fail somewhere along the line...
Old Apr 17th 2011, 12:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by IvanM
the weight is less than Zulus earlier guff.
And there's been plenty of those today too - big methane cloud over Perth Hills
Old Apr 17th 2011, 9:18 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to show me irony, show me clips of international climate change tourists getting off a jet after a conference…….

But now they've added contrails to the models it's okay as they have a cooling affect.

See, the religious have an answer for everything.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:41 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
But now they've added contrails to the models it's okay as they have a cooling affect.

See, the religious have an answer for everything.
you are kidding arn't you????
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:51 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

you are kidding arn't you????
Yeah!

But underneath there is a seed of truth. In the early models (and I stress models) they didn't have contrails. When then added the contrails they found that they had a cooling effect and the predictions came down.
Old May 29th 2011, 1:34 pm
Extended Member

Big Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond reputeBig Galah has a reputation beyond repute

Really, its time ALL MMGW scientists stopped, took stock, and started again.

Right now they are sounding like Bill Clinton and his “Ahhh did not inhale that woman”
Yes, 98% of Climate change scientists are wrong, and the other 2% and you are right...
Old May 29th 2011, 2:00 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Big Galah
Yes, 98% of Climate change scientists are wrong, and the other 2% and you are right...
I have only ever said that I have yet to see conclusive evidence. Unlike those Climate Scientists, I don’t get paid for research that proves a theory.

The new processes and procedures being used to “prove” climate change (didn’t they call it warming a few years ago) don’t stand up to reasoned examination.

If you want to discuss this further I am happy to do so.
Old May 29th 2011, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Galah

No, 100% of climate change scientists are wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.