Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

View Poll Results: Is Julia Gillard a bare-faced liar?
Gillard is justified in breaking her pre-election promise.
18.67%
Gillard is a bare faced liar and has no mandate to impose a carbon tax.
81.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carbon Tax: Julia Gillard a Bare Faced Liar?

>>The Gillard/Brown carbon tax is classic hard-left wealth redistribution - nothing more, nothing less.<<

You should be careful eating that out-of-date biltong, Amazulu - the toxins can do untold damage....
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:18 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Is dictionary.com good enough for you:-

any substance, as certain chemicals or waste products, that renders the air, soil, water, or other natural resource harmful or unsuitable for a specific purpose.

I don't see how CO2 renders the air harmful, or unsuitable for a specific purpose. As has previously been pointed out, plants love it.
Via differential irradiance it increases temperature to a level that adversely effects the environment making it difficult for species to survive and putting the entire ecosystem at risk.

Its pretty obvious its a pollutant.

What it may do in lower concentrations and different contexts is besides the point. It's man made pollution.

It's not 24%. Atmospheric CO2 has increased from about 300ppm at the begining of the century to 390ppm now. That is 90ppm or .0009%. An absolutely minuscule amount.
NO, 300ppm > 390ppm is a 30% increase. And its not minuscule in terms of the effect, the only terms that matter.

More profanity. Do you think people find your argument more compelling if you add swear words?
I don't think you realise how much your statements piss me off. It's a serious subject and you play the troll (I'm assuming you are claiming black is white with full understanding its laughable). That a viewpoint that millions of ignorant americans also hold - and they are effectively killing millions of people down the line because they don't want to take it seriously. What do you call someone who kills millions because they won't face realities like adults?

What words I might have used are minimal in comparison to the disgust I feel at those who can blithely ignore reality, claim that black is white, and through that ignorant attitude cause so much destruction down the line.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GarryP
Via differential irradiance it increases temperature to a level that adversely effects the environment making it difficult for species to survive and putting the entire ecosystem at risk.

Its pretty obvious its a pollutant.

What it may do in lower concentrations and different contexts is besides the point. It's man made pollution.

NO, 300ppm > 390ppm is a 30% increase. And its not minuscule in terms of the effect, the only terms that matter.

I don't think you realise how much your statements piss me off. It's a serious subject and you play the troll (I'm assuming you are claiming black is white with full understanding its laughable). That a viewpoint that millions of ignorant americans also hold - and they are effectively killing millions of people down the line because they don't want to take it seriously. What do you call someone who kills millions because they won't face realities like adults?

What words I might have used are minimal in comparison to the disgust I feel at those who can blithely ignore reality, claim that black is white, and through that ignorant attitude cause so much destruction down the line.
Garry, have a read of some research by this chap from Perth called David Archibald. It's interesting stuff, solar cycle 24 has recently occurred.

http://www.davidarchibald.info/papers/SolarCycle24.pdf

It will be an interesting time over the next few years to see which way the climate does indeed go, hotter or cooler there's plenty of evidence to support either theory.

Insulting people and saying they're going to be responsible for the deaths of millions is going a bit too far hey chap?

Reducing emissions and recycling more can only benefit everything, however new taxes are not going to solve anything. You can guarantee the money will not be redistributed evenly to compensate those who lose their jobs.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:10 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
A great story of a young man overcoming the Boer bully boys ........mm
Excellent book, followed up by Tandia where those Boer bully boys get their revenge by killing him. lol It's a top story as well though
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:21 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Excellent book, followed up by Tandia where those Boer bully boys get their revenge by killing him. lol It's a top story as well though
Well thanks Sean, saves me reading them now then
Old Mar 21st 2011, 11:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Well thanks Sean, saves me reading them now then
Not at all the back cover tells you that snippet, not in the same wording granted. If you don't have a copy [Tandia] I'll bring our one down in April
All his books have a death or two Hevs it's just how he writes.
Whitethorn is good as well. But the Solomon's Song trilogy is one of my favourite books
Are we sufficiently off topic yet?

Last edited by cresta57; Mar 21st 2011 at 11:52 am.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Not at all the back cover tells you that snippet, not in the same wording granted. If you don't have a copy [Tandia] I'll bring our one down in April
All his books have a death or two Hevs it's just how he writes.
Whitethorn is good as well. But the Solomon's Song trilogy is one of my favourite books
Are we sufficiently off topic yet?
I wish I had a "give the bird" smiley!!
I have read a few and love them
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:08 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Still missing the point. Carbon tax is to change consumption/pollution primarily. If its revenue neutral, it makes nobody rich, by definition.

Maybe you can get a clue of how serious this is. You sticking you fingers in your ears isn't acceptable. You are literally playing with the lives of millions, that's how serious it is. Get it? You are the one threatening to kill people because you won't accept reality.

You don't seem to know what truly left wing policies are, and seem to play the dumb US far right position of tagging anything you don't like as 'lefty'. You got it wrong, since you tagged a money based approach as left, rather than the capitalist approach it is.

CO2 is still a pollutant, by definition.
Anthropomorphic Climate Change is most definitely happening - both in that you can see the CO2 level rising due to pollution, and that climate is responding (particular in polar regions). You can't claim black is white and expect to be taken seriously - and held to account.
carbon is not a pollutant
MMGW is not happening
it is what it is
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:10 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
>>The Gillard/Brown carbon tax is classic hard-left wealth redistribution - nothing more, nothing less.<<

You should be careful eating that out-of-date biltong, Amazulu - the toxins can do untold damage....
Biltong did taste a bit funny the other day now that you come to mention it

MMGW is not happening
it is what it is
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by hevs
A ridiculous post I know, but I was replying to an even more ridiculous post so somewhat justified
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:15 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
MMGW is not happening
it is what it is
And i am an OSTRICH....repeat several times ..........MM
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mr mover
Dont worry he gets like this when i mention the word KAFFIR............................................ ....

............lime...,,,,,,,,,,,,mm
Dude, this post is out there for everyone to see - and yet again nobody bats an eyelid and some even engage you in conversation about it. And as usual, the mods do nothing. Yet again, the massive double standards on BE are on display.

You may as well keep on posting your racist bile - you're going to get away with it anyway

Party on, Hard Yards

Last edited by Amazulu; Mar 21st 2011 at 12:22 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:21 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Garry, have a read of some research by this chap from Perth called David Archibald. It's interesting stuff, solar cycle 24 has recently occurred.

http://www.davidarchibald.info/papers/SolarCycle24.pdf

It will be an interesting time over the next few years to see which way the climate does indeed go, hotter or cooler there's plenty of evidence to support either theory.
Might like to read this along side it.
http://n3xus6.blogspot.com/2007/02/dd.html
Yep, its really that bad.
PS solar irradiance is data that's measured and incorporated.

Originally Posted by jimbo_d
Insulting people and saying they're going to be responsible for the deaths of millions is going a bit too far hey chap?
The real problem is that if anything, I'm underplaying it.

People hear 1C, 2C even 5C and think "oh, it will be like summer in autumn; I can handle that. They never seem to take onboard that its climate, not weather, and that the knock on effects of that simple number are so dramatic. There's the mismatch between crops and weather, the more extreme weather, the feedback effects, the acidification of the ocean, the availability of water, the rising sea levels, the failing ice caps, the ocean circulation - and a hundred other interrelated system that all get a sledgehammer applied to them by that little number.

It doesn't cover the full extent of the hit in the same way "some poor people in the US will be charged an extra 2% mortgage interest" doesn't cover the global financial meltdown.

Now the reason that such small changes have such big effects is just how picky humanity is for survival, and how over populated the globe is at the moment. If things go wrong on a global scale, those feedback loops in human society act to magnify the effect; like derivatives did in the financial market. Before you know where you are you have 50 millions staving people from one country trying to get into another because the crops failed and the government collapsed.

As I say, millions is playing things down.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Dude, this post is out there for everyone to see - and yet again nobody bats an eyelid and some even engage you in conversation about it. And as usual, the mods do nothing. Yet again, the massive double standards on BE are on display.

You may as well keep on posting your racist bile - you're going to get away with it anyway

Party on, Hard Yards
That's not true as you well know. The first time he was banned for a week, this time he carefully placed lime at the bottom. While we all know he's baiting you do you report it? No!
Do we ban him for mentioning a fruit?
Yes we all also know what the inference is here & it's not clever.
You have to accept that not all are blessed with the same level of intelligence. A mechanical engineer interacting with a bloke that lifts boxes for a living, did you really expect an articulate answer?
Old Mar 21st 2011, 1:05 pm
Proudly Deplorable

That's not true as you well know. The first time he was banned for a week, this time he carefully placed lime at the bottom. While we all know he's baiting you do you report it? No!
Do we ban him for mentioning a fruit?
Yes we all also know what the inference is here & it's not clever.
You have to accept that not all are blessed with the same level of intelligence. A mechanical engineer interacting with a bloke that lifts boxes for a living, did you really expect an articulate answer?
I partly see your point but it's up to you as mods to do what you need to (or not) do. I will never report anything to a mod as I can fight my own battles and, ultimately, this is just a website. My post was also directed at my fellow BE'ers, and from them there is not a peep.

Articulate answer? No - he is what he is, so fair point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.