Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Caravan(?) accommodation help please

Wikiposts

Caravan(?) accommodation help please

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Caravan(?) accommodation help please

Hi guys.
Me and my daughter are going out to Perth (Beckenham) at Easter stopping with my brother and his family, joint holiday and reccie. with all the research i am more and more interested in making Mandurrah or possibly Bunbury our home when (note not IF) we get our visas (positive thinking!) With that in mind i would like to find some cheap accommodation for a couple of nights, both at Bunbury and Mandurrah, so we can get out and weigh it all up, see how it feels etc etc.
Now the question Does anyone have any links/info to caravan sites etc that i can look at to book somewhere. It will have to be low budget (saving all my money for visa proccesses), doesnt have to be on a big fancy site with pool etc, just somewhere that is clean enough for me and daughter (and prob brother, his wife and their daughter) to stop in for couple of nights. Im presuming caravans is the cheapest way of doing this - without doing tents ( I really DO NOT do tents - long story!). Any other info you can chuck my way will be great - thanks
mandy
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caravan(?) accommodation help please

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:28 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Hi guys.
Me and my daughter are going out to Perth (Beckenham) at Easter stopping with my brother and his family, joint holiday and reccie. with all the research i am more and more interested in making Mandurrah or possibly Bunbury our home when (note not IF) we get our visas (positive thinking!) With that in mind i would like to find some cheap accommodation for a couple of nights, both at Bunbury and Mandurrah, so we can get out and weigh it all up, see how it feels etc etc.
Now the question Does anyone have any links/info to caravan sites etc that i can look at to book somewhere. It will have to be low budget (saving all my money for visa proccesses), doesnt have to be on a big fancy site with pool etc, just somewhere that is clean enough for me and daughter (and prob brother, his wife and their daughter) to stop in for couple of nights. Im presuming caravans is the cheapest way of doing this - without doing tents ( I really DO NOT do tents - long story!). Any other info you can chuck my way will be great - thanks
mandy
can't help but the ozzies should be on soon so bumping for you
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks woodz
come on you ozzies --------time to get up --------wakey wakey-----its another hot one! is in perth anyway, my brother just sent me text saying it already hot so he off diving for the day
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:33 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

thanks woodz
come on you ozzies --------time to get up --------wakey wakey-----its another hot one! is in perth anyway, my brother just sent me text saying it already hot so he off diving for the day
does your bro not know anywhere then - or does he not live in WA?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

he does live in Perth yeah, i just wanted to know if anyone who is actually THERE could reccommend somewhere. He doesnt know mandurrah at all. ive found lots on google but was looking to see if there was any insider knowledge
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:45 am
on the Goldie

he does live in Perth yeah, i just wanted to know if anyone who is actually THERE could reccommend somewhere. He doesnt know mandurrah at all. ive found lots on google but was looking to see if there was any insider knowledge
yep personal recommendation is always the best way to go. (are u listening all u lucky people out there!!!)
hope someone helps and that you have a great time!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thank woodz - im having a good evening and feeling all positive about it all right now. bro may not know of any caravan sites but he has got a contact who is prepared to offer me a job once my trades is back and positive (which of course it WILL be wont it!)
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:50 am
on the Goldie

Thank woodz - im having a good evening and feeling all positive about it all right now. bro may not know of any caravan sites but he has got a contact who is prepared to offer me a job once my trades is back and positive (which of course it WILL be wont it!)
of course it will - don't you feel the positive vibes BE gives out??
what are u going as? have u been to oz before?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 8:52 am
on the Goldie

just read your profile i wish u all the luck possible you are very brave!!! doing it with 3 kids in tow on your own are they all going with you?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Brave? nah! stoopid but not brave LOL
all three will be coming with me. eldest is at uni so he will have to validate then return for final year of study. he is studying forensic science and wants to join WA police force. We plan to be in or around perth - what about you?
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:22 am
on the Goldie

Brave? nah! stoopid but not brave LOL
all three will be coming with me. eldest is at uni so he will have to validate then return for final year of study. he is studying forensic science and wants to join WA police force. We plan to be in or around perth - what about you?
my eldest is stopping here - 22 married and in the army
14 year old wants to be a doctor/dentist or go into foresnics (spooky or what)
11 year old is a social butterfly

got visas 03.01.07 and planning to go somewhere on the east coast at the mo - swinging between gold coast and cairns - depends on the spiders tho!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:45 am
on the Goldie

buuuuuuuurp oh sorry bump
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

oooooooooh why arent you on the plane?
how do you feel now? is it all even more scary once you have the visas?
i dont mind admitting i get some moments (not even full days) when i think what the f am i doing - things like this dont happen to people like me BUT i am more an dmore thinking that why the f shouldnt it happen for me too. i have been a single parent more than i have been a married parent and i have always managed to keep a roof over my kids heads and food in their belly. i honestly dont care about having the big house with a pool in oz, i will be happy with a caravan on a site if that is all i can afford BUT i know that one day i will be able to afford the finer things. it took me 10 years to be able to buy this house, my mother will think i am mad when i get the guts to tell her my plans, to give it up and start again BUT i dont care. i want more for my kids. all 3 said they plan to live in oz with or with out me when they older so why on earth should i stay? you only live once hey?

s'xcuse me i drinking australian red wine (from pemberton region) fink i ought to go to bed heee hee
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:53 am
on the Goldie

oooooooooh why arent you on the plane?
how do you feel now? is it all even more scary once you have the visas?
i dont mind admitting i get some moments (not even full days) when i think what the f am i doing - things like this dont happen to people like me BUT i am more an dmore thinking that why the f shouldnt it happen for me too. i have been a single parent more than i have been a married parent and i have always managed to keep a roof over my kids heads and food in their belly. i honestly dont care about having the big house with a pool in oz, i will be happy with a caravan on a site if that is all i can afford BUT i know that one day i will be able to afford the finer things. it took me 10 years to be able to buy this house, my mother will think i am mad when i get the guts to tell her my plans, to give it up and start again BUT i dont care. i want more for my kids. all 3 said they plan to live in oz with or with out me when they older so why on earth should i stay? you only live once hey?

s'xcuse me i drinking australian red wine (from pemberton region) fink i ought to go to bed heee hee

my thoughts exactly who wants to be old(er) and grey(er) and wondering what if!!!!
we will always be british (and hopefully Oz one day) and if we come back with nothing - well what the hell we tried!!!

just waiting for the house to sell and we will be off

'fraid mine is californian still hits the spot tho'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.