British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   WHICH CAR??? need 7 seats and boot space! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/car-need-7-seats-boot-space-425907/)

s-jmelbournewannabe Feb 11th 2007 10:06 pm

WHICH CAR??? need 7 seats and boot space!

Can anyone help pls?

There are 6 of us and all the bloody cars in Oz have different names been trying to look for a RENAULT ESPACE type car but dont know what they're bloody called!!

Anyone with lots of kids ( 3 car seats ) and baggage got any idea's.. not into big guzzlers cos we try to be ECO friendly.....

Would love help pls..

Ta peeps xx s-j:thumbup:

YFitz Feb 11th 2007 11:20 pm

Re: WHICH CAR??? need 7 seats and boot space!

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 4391349)
Can anyone help pls?

There are 6 of us and all the bloody cars in Oz have different names been trying to look for a RENAULT ESPACE type car but dont know what they're bloody called!!

Anyone with lots of kids ( 3 car seats ) and baggage got any idea's.. not into big guzzlers cos we try to be ECO friendly.....

Would love help pls..

We've got an Avensis Verso and are VERY happy with it. Guess there must be a web site where you can research it.

Jane and Russ Middleton Feb 12th 2007 12:23 am

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe (Post 4391349)
Can anyone help pls?

Would love help pls..

We have never had a people mover before, we ended up seeing a lovely honda oddessy and bought it... it has air-con in fornt and back so kids are chilled !!!;) and as the back seat folds into the floor you also when full have a fairly good sized boot. imo I love it :thumbup:

Jane
xx

YFitz Feb 12th 2007 2:25 am

Originally Posted by YFitz (Post 4391563)
We've got an Avensis Verso and are VERY happy with it. Guess there must be a web site where you can research it.

Should have mentioned - it's a Toyota.

Dried Graze Feb 12th 2007 7:37 am

We have 5 kids and it is a chore finding the right car. We struggled with a Mazda 626 Estate with factory seven seat conversion but the Renault Espace was absolute luxury in comparison. However, there is very little room for luggage if you plan on doing any distance. We had a shiny new one on a long term lease and thought about buying it to ship over here but research suggested that it would cost a small fortune to service or repair due to the lack of parts etc.

It's been such a headache deciding what to go for, I've made an executive decision....I am buying a shiny new motorcycle and one helmet this week!

Have you thought about the Mitsu Delica or something like the Toyota Hiace?

s-jmelbournewannabe Feb 12th 2007 12:33 pm

Cheers for all your feedback guys, I'm familiar with the Verso , but didnt know they 'did' them in Oz, When i have looked online they all seem to have different names!!!

Mitsu Delica or something like the Toyota Hiace? Not sure about these, not seen them before, but will research them now...

Keep the advice coming guys :thumbup: Thanks very much

S-j :p

Dried Graze Feb 12th 2007 12:53 pm

fyi 'Mitsu' = Mitsubishi :)

Delica

Hiace

kt.2006 Feb 12th 2007 2:09 pm

We have a Holden Zafira which is exactly the same as the Vauxhall Zafira that we had in the UK. The thing I like about this car is that it does not feel as large as some other people carriers. It also changes into a 7 seater by putting in place the seats that are folded flat rather than by putting extra seats in. Howver with 7 seats in place there is not that much room left for luggage.

My friend has a Mitsubishi or Mazda for her very large family and I think that has lots of luggage space.

geordie mandy Feb 12th 2007 3:05 pm

Have a word with Buzzy bee as he did a spread sheet on mpv and 7 seater cars in oz. It was very good and included all the models avaliabe and lots of info
Mandy

Munchmel Feb 15th 2007 8:40 am

You can see if this link works:confused:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...en+seater+cars

We are going to try the Toyota Kluger (?) Although a SUV, does better mpg than the Previa equivalent we have in UK and a lot cheaper by the looks of it......might be less intimidated on the roads with some of those scary trucks too...:eek:

Mel

Toontje Feb 15th 2007 10:43 pm

http://www.calgarymotorcoach.com/Cal...rl-1-bruce.jpg