Reload this Page >

car insurance in OZ?

car insurance in OZ?

Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:34 am
Just Joined

Brownie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car insurance in OZ?

Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
read some of his other posts before you get all high and mighty.
I see what you are saying.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ABCDiamond;7180007]It's probably best if everyone sees the questions and answers.

I would rather not, I have a job to go to in the Morning

There arn't that many assessors out there as it is and even fewer pommie ones so it would be quite easy for someone to read my posts and put 2 & 2 together
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:44 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jond View Post
I would rather not, I have a job to go to in the Morning

There arn't that many assessors out there as it is and even fewer pommie ones so it would be quite easy for someone to read my posts and put 2 & 2 together
I see

I am quite interested in Insurance as I used to be an Insurance Broker, many many moons ago. Actually we can talk 'decades' not moons

Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond View Post
I see

I am quite interested in Insurance as I used to be an Insurance Broker, many many moons ago. Actually we can talk 'decades' not moons

Most of the Insurance companies are the same as the UK, on the whole they try to do the right thing for their clients, but there are a couple of real dodgy ones that should be avoided at all costs.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 7:49 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jond View Post
Most of the Insurance companies are the same as the UK, on the whole they try to do the right thing for their clients, but there are a couple of real dodgy ones that should be avoided at all costs.
I always found Lloyds Underwriters were the worst at paying claims, but they paid almost twice as much commission as everyone else !

There is a new car Insurance option here these days; pay by the Kilometre, which looks interesting for those who travel small distances.

Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

.Hannah.David.Charlie. will become famous soon enough

read some of his other posts before you get all high and mighty.
Whats wrong with other posts?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:35 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by .Hannah.David.Charlie. View Post
Whats wrong with other posts?
He acted like a complete dickhead.....some of the worst ones were deleted.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

He acted like a complete dickhead.....some of the worst ones were deleted.
I am VERY sure some people on here may think the same of you.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

you are doing it again

...and I couldn't care less what people think of me
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

you are doing it again

...and I couldn't care less what people think of me
Sorry doing what again?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't be so sure. Grayling although sometimes controversial is a respected member of BE, as for David1989, well I'd prefer not to comment.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

How much is Car Insurance in the UK now ?

Here you pay for two separate insurance policies:

Car Insurance in Australia

I currently pay
$308 CTP
$480 Fully Comp, max NCD, 40+ drivers (3 ltr, 6 cylinder car, 2000 reg, $12,000 value)
Total $788 for Insurance

When checking the Car Registration costs, some people quote the CTP insurance in with that aswell, as it is sometimes paid at the same time.

eg: My car Rego was $666.35, but $299 of that was CTP , therefore the actual registration cost was only $367.35.

Ive bought a car and am a little confused with the insurance, The guy who I bought the car off got the rego, approx $330, that doesn't include CTP. Can i just pay for comprehensive insurance from an insurer or do I have to pay comprehensive and CTP. Please explain as I'm confused
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 9:24 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by humpy View Post
Ive bought a car and am a little confused with the insurance, The guy who I bought the car off got the rego, approx $330, that doesn't include CTP. Can i just pay for comprehensive insurance from an insurer or do I have to pay comprehensive and CTP. Please explain as I'm confused
You DO need CTP aswell.

What State are you in ?
Each State does it differently, but I assume that CTP is needed in every State before you can get rego.

In NSW and QLD, you cannot get rego without having CTP first, and I "think" that is the same everywhere.

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

You DO need CTP aswell.

What State are you in ?
Each State does it differently, but I assume that CTP is needed in every State before you can get rego.

In NSW and QLD, you cannot get rego without having CTP first, and I "think" that is the same everywhere.

I'm in Queensland, we only paid the guy $335 and we had rego put on car, surely if this included CTP then the price would have been a lot more. I'm going to call goverment office on Monday to clarify.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:47 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by humpy View Post
I'm in Queensland, we only paid the guy $335 and we had rego put on car, surely if this included CTP then the price would have been a lot more. I'm going to call goverment office on Monday to clarify.
You should check that. Mine was around $600 including CTP.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.