Car Bargaining

Old May 22nd 2009, 12:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Bargaining

Originally Posted by northernbird
We are going to get a Discovery, there is a new one coming out in September so we think we will hold out for that. You have used car brokers before though haven't you?
I used them in the UK (mob called Drive The Deal) and they were superb. Without a doubt I got the lowest price possible on my wife's Rav4.

Never used them here but A1 do get a lot of praise.

Last edited by Amazulu; May 22nd 2009 at 12:35 am.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
No offence but a discovery ! How about a Prado now that is a quality vehicle.
I like the Discovery. The current model was Aussie 4x4 of the year a few years ago.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:36 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I like the Discovery. The current model was Aussie 4x4 of the year a few years ago.
Its OK ,but I think the Prado is better. Still each to their own.
Old May 22nd 2009, 12:42 am
Proudly Deplorable

They are both good. I would be happy with either.
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:56 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

I used them in the UK (mob called Drive The Deal) and they were superb. Without a doubt I got the lowest price possible on my wife's Rav4.

Never used them here but A1 do get a lot of praise.
I used them to get my Navara and they (Chris) was great... However, he was in business with someone else and they've fallen out and he's left to go it alone... had an email from him a couple of weeks back so I'll try and dig it out with the new contact details...
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by DrWho
I used them to get my Navara and they (Chris) was great... However, he was in business with someone else and they've fallen out and he's left to go it alone... had an email from him a couple of weeks back so I'll try and dig it out with the new contact details...
They were a great outfit. What Car had a column where you could write in and tell them the best deal you had got. Mine was published and Drive The Deal sent me a bottle of French champagne for the publicity they received.
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

They were a great outfit. What Car had a column where you could write in and tell them the best deal you had got. Mine was published and Drive The Deal sent me a bottle of French champagne for the publicity they received.
I meant A1...!

Chris has set up again as The Car Broker... 1300 85 00 83

Be careful as my AV got a bit excited when I visited his site though...
Old May 22nd 2009, 3:57 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the same type of thing?

www.newcarsolutions.com.au
Old May 22nd 2009, 7:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

The Prado is an awesome off road vehicle but I hate the interior, it is cheap, plastic and generic. Pretty much the same interior as a Corolla. The Disco is our number 1 although the new diesel Pajero NT is getting some good write ups.
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:52 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying a new tactic. I'm emailing dealers with what I want and asking them to give me a price. I'll take the lowest and see if the others will beat it. When I get the lowest price, I'll see if A1 brokers will go lower. I can't be arsed with dealing with these people in person and I'm going to see how far I can push it given the state of the economy and the end of the FY.
that's exactly what I did. Except I went with A1 first and their price was over $4k more expensive than I could get myself using the email technique. In fact, the guy at A1 practically accused me of lying. All up I saved around $8-9k and also got an excellent price on my trade in (more than I would have selling it privately). You also have in your favour that it is nearly end of financial year so they will be more desperate to clear their lines. Leave it until the last few weeks of June if I were you.

Fyi, if you have a trade-in do not tell them this until you have agreed your price on the vehicle you are buying, it is an opportunity to further get more off
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

The Prado is an awesome off road vehicle but I hate the interior, it is cheap, plastic and generic. Pretty much the same interior as a Corolla. The Disco is our number 1 although the new diesel Pajero NT is getting some good write ups.
I thought the same until I saw the "grande" version...it sold me as it's a lot better....though still not as nice as the disco I imagine...but I couldn't afford that so didn't look at it.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I am resurrecting this thread as we have just bought a new car! We test drove the Pajero which was an absolute pile of shite. We discounted the Discovery as due to the exchange rate being crap we can't justify the spends now. So we have plumped for the D4D Prado. Ex demo with only 7k on the clock and a good 12k cheaper than a brand spanker. We are made up with it and I am now a Prado convert!!!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:15 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

I am resurrecting this thread as we have just bought a new car! We test drove the Pajero which was an absolute pile of shite. We discounted the Discovery as due to the exchange rate being crap we can't justify the spends now. So we have plumped for the D4D Prado. Ex demo with only 7k on the clock and a good 12k cheaper than a brand spanker. We are made up with it and I am now a Prado convert!!!
Well done, great choice , trust me as I stated all along Prado is a great machine.

I think you will be very happy with it and it has all the toys and bells and whistles etc.

You get what you pay for as you now know.

Enjoy...
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:02 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Prado also has the advantage of being affordable to service whereas the disco will leave you remortgaging your house every year to get it sorted out!
... and it'll hold its value better when it gets long in the tooth....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

What was wrong with Pajero?

I test drove both Pajero and Prado, done a fair bit of internet research and as there is a lot more problems with late model Prados (injectors, differentials) than Pajeros I have ordered the latter one.

Picking it up next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.