Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Capello Tactical Genius?

Capello Tactical Genius?

Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

mark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to beholdmark wool is a splendid one to behold
Default Capello Tactical Genius?

Well i have watched england at a cracking little cafe called treacle in the grange. I nice cup of tea, a sausage and egg sandwich and yes a woeful england display. Just like being back home! Anyway Capello has got me fooled, i reckon he is getting england to play that badly to trick everyone into thinking we are terrible to lower there guard then we will win in the knockout stages when we get there. After all he is Italian and they do it all the time.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:01 am
BE Enthusiast

dfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond reputedfjordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Capello Tactical Genius?

Originally Posted by mark wool
Well i have watched england at a cracking little cafe called treacle in the grange. I nice cup of tea, a sausage and egg sandwich and yes a woeful england display. Just like being back home! Anyway Capello has got me fooled, i reckon he is getting england to play that badly to trick everyone into thinking we are terrible to lower there guard then we will win in the knockout stages when we get there. After all he is Italian and they do it all the time.
I watched it in Chile and have to say, I agreed with the commentor, who, at the end of the game, said he thought the way they played was an embarrasment to what world cup football was all about. I thought they were as bad as France was the day before, but I think it´s always the same with the England team- they don´t train together enough to be able to end up playing as a team
Old Jun 19th 2010, 5:51 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[/QUOTE]

Blame it on the ball -LOL
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

wilf70 will become famous soon enoughwilf70 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Re: Capello Tactical Genius?

They have been universally panned by the pundits over here in the UK--no one tried to excuse their failure by blaming the ball etc[unlike online reports in Ozzie papers--SMH earlier in the week].Just not up to it--substitute the WAG's they can't be any worse and at least they are better looking.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:57 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Capello's teams have always played in a boring negative manner. Englands qualifying games and his first spell at Milan being the exception, goals and attacking football were the norm. Whilst managing Real Madrid he said beautiful attacking football is dead, not losing the game is far more important

The biggest root problem for England is one that the last 3 managers have had..............................the obsession with Gerrard and Lampard.

It is accepted and obvious that it is necessary to play a defensive midfield player (Barry) and in a 442 formation that means there is only room for 1 more central midfield player. Playing Gerrard on the left or behind the striker is a compromise in order to accommodate both players and it does not work.

Lampard was utter garbage last night. Gerrard only looked influential when he decided to come inside in the second half.

As for Heskey, whilst I don`t believe he is an international player, he was the hardest working player on the pitch last night. I lost count of the number of times he chased back to his own penalty area to tackle players.................where was ****ing Fat Frank?.............Nowhere!

And whats Postman Pats problem with Joe Cole?

Rooney isn`t fit.
SWP isn`t good enough.
Lennon cant cross for toffee
Terry as previously mentioned gives too many free kicks away (but is that because hes playing with Jamie no pace Carragher?)

Shit or bust next game for Postman Pat......................so heres my team.

James
Johnson Terry Upson* Cole(A)

Lennon Gerrard Barry Cole (J)

Defoe Crouch

*Upson is in because Carragher is banned, King injured and its too big a game for Dawsons debut.

Rooney should never wear an England shirt again I don't care how good he is for Man Ure. To call the fans '****ing *****' is unacceptable.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:09 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perksy
Capello's teams have always played in a boring negative manner. Englands qualifying games and his first spell at Milan being the exception, goals and attacking football were the norm. Whilst managing Real Madrid he said beautiful attacking football is dead, not losing the game is far more important

The biggest root problem for England is one that the last 3 managers have had..............................the obsession with Gerrard and Lampard.

It is accepted and obvious that it is necessary to play a defensive midfield player (Barry) and in a 442 formation that means there is only room for 1 more central midfield player. Playing Gerrard on the left or behind the striker is a compromise in order to accommodate both players and it does not work.

Lampard was utter garbage last night. Gerrard only looked influential when he decided to come inside in the second half.

As for Heskey, whilst I don`t believe he is an international player, he was the hardest working player on the pitch last night. I lost count of the number of times he chased back to his own penalty area to tackle players.................where was ****ing Fat Frank?.............Nowhere!

And whats Postman Pats problem with Joe Cole?

Rooney isn`t fit.
SWP isn`t good enough.
Lennon cant cross for toffee
Terry as previously mentioned gives too many free kicks away (but is that because hes playing with Jamie no pace Carragher?)

Shit or bust next game for Postman Pat......................so heres my team.

James

Defoe Crouch

*Upson is in because Carragher is banned, King injured and its too big a game for Dawsons debut.

Rooney should never wear an England shirt again I don't care how good he is for Man Ure. To call the fans '****ing *****' is unacceptable.
Yer hired,just call the FA and tell them BB gave the word
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:20 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yer hired,just call the FA and tell them BB gave the word
Thankyou, though even with my inexperience of international football management I still reckon I could cobble together a team that would perform better than Ireland or Scotland

Incidently I've been waiting to watch the Irish play at this years tournament. I guess group I must be on a different day
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:27 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou, though even with my inexperience of international football management I still reckon I could cobble together a team that would perform better than Ireland or Scotland

Incidently I've been waiting to watch the Irish play at this years tournament. I guess group I must be on a different day
Yer sacked
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:29 pm
Cad and bounder

Yer sacked
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

And you all could do so much better sitting in your arm chairs.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:15 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Found em...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEmA_QF30GI
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:32 pm
Cad and bounder

Originally Posted by eugene43
And you all could do so much better sitting in your arm chairs.
Quite frankly yes!

So as a non football fan eugene what are your thoughts?
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:09 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

James

Defoe Crouch

I certainly agree with your views on Joe Cole. I think he was our standout player in 06'. The change I would make to your team is having Milner instead of Lennon. You have to remember that Milner's sh!t performance against the USA was down to recovering from flu, which he should be over by now.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Quite frankly yes!

So as a non football fan eugene what are your thoughts?
Eugene is not old enough to think for himself,his mum tells him what to type
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Eugene is not old enough to think for himself,his mum tells him what to type
What part of ireland ar you from

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.