Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you spot my post

Wikiposts

Can you spot my post

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:42 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of
Default Can you spot my post

http://www.news.com.au/comments/0,23...007146,00.html

Never has a wiser few words been spoken!

Nothing like a rant to start the day hey!
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:49 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you spot my post

Originally Posted by MD09

In an ideal world it would be nice to walk the kids to school or have a school bus for all kids. But life is full of independent people doing lots of different things at different times which makes car pooling difficult (not impossible just difficult).

We had our first intro morning and this topic did come up and yes we are trying to make some headway on doing it - even if just one or two morning/afternoons a week.
Like wise we are also looking at the practicalities of riding a bike to drop and pick up or using the Tram (funny enough for the convenience (parking) versus sense of public responsbility)

MD - are you still looking at Cairns as a destination?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:51 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I always wondered what happened to Victor Meldrew.

I had no idea he had moved to Australia.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
MD - are you still looking at Cairns as a destination?
Yeah mate, why's that?

Got some juicy info for me?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:57 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah mate, why's that?

Got some juicy info for me?
No nothing contentious just interested. Not looking at stirring issues which unfortunately your treads seem to fall into of late (no judgement either way). Was hoping that if you are serious about moving there I might find out more about the place - I know Bix is up there and he seems to be having a ball of a time.

Great thing about this forum is you do get to hear of other places in OZ and can plan holidays accordingly.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

It WAS bad in Creamy this morning - the 4wd's out in force now SCEGGS has reopened...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:04 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by stevemich
It WAS bad in Creamy this morning - the 4wd's out in force now SCEGGS has reopened...
slacker, get in to work for 7am like me
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by thebears
No nothing contentious just interested. Not looking at stirring issues which unfortunately your treads seem to fall into of late (no judgement either way). Was hoping that if you are serious about moving there I might find out more about the place - I know Bix is up there and he seems to be having a ball of a time.

Great thing about this forum is you do get to hear of other places in OZ and can plan holidays accordingly.
Yes, Bix is an absolute legend! Not enough people like him left anymore.

As far as my posts go, well I'm unfortunately a target on here because I say it how I see it. I also don't hide my love for AUS - that seems to get to some people.

When I'm not being attacked, I like to help people on their move and lately have been asking my own questions, with some great replies.

Are you considering a move? Go on, you know you want too.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:09 pm
Melbourne Australia

Yes, Bix is an absolute legend! Not enough people like him left anymore.

As far as my posts go, well I'm unfortunately a target on here because I say it how I see it. I also don't hide my love for AUS - that seems to get to some people.

When I'm not being attacked, I like to help people on their move and lately have been asking my own questions, with some great replies.

Are you considering a move? Go on, you know you want too.
Thats good to hear MD09. No not interested in moving but love to make full use of my holidays and there is so much too see in OZ.

I love both Oz and the UK - prefer to dwell on the positives in both. Not saying there are not negatives in either - just all negatives can be overcome or dealt with.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by stevemich
Did you see the traffic around there!!

I was heading north to my holiday home on northern beaches
Old Jan 29th 2007, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you see the traffic around there!!

I was heading north to my holiday home on northern beaches
Promote carpooling to the parents at your children's school, people in your neighbourhood etc. There are free sites like this - sharemycar.com that will enable you to find people to share with.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:10 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

So, do you car pool or do you take the bus?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:14 pm
Banned

My car is a convertible that only seats 2 - me and the OH.

No kids will ever see the light of day on my leather.

I suppose I could always clear the golf clubs out of the boot though
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:16 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
slacker, get in to work for 7am like me

Unlike some, I don't go home at 4pm every day
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:27 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Promote carpooling to the parents at your children's school, people in your neighbourhood etc. There are free sites like this - sharemycar.com that will enable you to find people to share with.
If I was a parent, I'd think this was a brilliant idea - I'd get to watch breakfast TV for a bit longer a couple of days a week while someone else battled with the traffic Oh, on second thoughts, maybe the school run would be preferable

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.