Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

can you send passport back to uk for renewal?

can you send passport back to uk for renewal?

Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default can you send passport back to uk for renewal?

Does anyone know if i can send my passport back to the uk with a friend to renew for me while she is there? It is alot cheaper than doing it here, but does anyone know if that is legal or not?
I can get the forms sent over before she goes to fill in and i can send photos over with her!
Claire.x

Last edited by gazclaire; Jan 30th 2010 at 2:15 am.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you send passport back to uk for renewal?

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Does anyone know if i can send my passport back to the uk with a friend to renew for me while she is there? It is alot cheaper than doing it here, but does anyone know if that is legal or not?
Can get her to fill out the forms and i can send photos over with her!
Claire.x
You would need to fill the forms out yourself as you'll have to sign them. Otherwise I guess its legal. They won't send the passport back to you here though, you'll have to give a current UK address, so you'd better hope it comes back before she returns here.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

I would my mum to get the forms sent over and i will fill them out and sign them. I would put my mums address on the forms so she could send them back to me as i wouldnt like to risk it!!!
Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Out of interest does anyone know how long the uk take to process your application?
Old Jan 30th 2010, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Out of interest does anyone know how long the uk take to process your application?
Generally it varies depending on demand. Closer to UK summer, it can be slow.
I renewed my sons' passports before we did the visa application & they were back in a couple of weeks but not sure what the norm is these days.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 4:57 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

What would you do if you needed to travel urgently and your passport was over in the UK? What if the passport is lost in transit on its way back to you? For the little you'll save, I just wouldnt risk it myself.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
What would you do if you needed to travel urgently and your passport was over in the UK? What if the passport is lost in transit on its way back to you? For the little you'll save, I just wouldnt risk it myself.
Very good points!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:42 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

I also thought I'd read in a recent thread about the high costs here that that passport holder had to sign for it in the UK thus negating this possible and seemingly easy route?