Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

can you buy your dental xrays

Wikiposts

can you buy your dental xrays

Old Jun 9th 2011, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice
Default can you buy your dental xrays

Hi, i have a question. Can you "buy " a copy of your dental xrays,if you decide to leave and sign up with a new dentist.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:23 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: can you buy your dental xrays

I would be demanding them, after all they are yours you paid for them.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

I spoke to our dentist as I wanted a second opinion about my daughters dental treatment (she's with the school dentist). They told me I could borrow the xrays from the school dentist sto ave them having to do more & charge us but the school dentist weren't prepared to lend them to me.

Alison x
Old Jun 10th 2011, 2:20 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by al150n
I spoke to our dentist as I wanted a second opinion about my daughters dental treatment (she's with the school dentist). They told me I could borrow the xrays from the school dentist sto ave them having to do more & charge us but the school dentist weren't prepared to lend them to me.

Alison x
I'd imagine thats because the school dentist doesn't charge for xrays and therefore they are their property. A private dentist on the other hand charge for them so surly that makes them your property??
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:34 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Here, in Aus, they have just given me the xrays each time (dental and otherwise). They have all been bulk billed so I didn't have to pay.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

What_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really niceWhat_a_life is just really nice

Thanks for replies, My original dentist was not bulk billed,so we paid for everything. OH said he thought we could get them, as like mentioned we paid for them,. Just never heard of anyone getting them before, so assumed I would be refused if I asked
Old Jun 10th 2011, 3:58 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Dental Board of QLD Contact details
Telephone number(s)
Direct : 07 3225 2508

Not that you want to make a complaint but I find if I go into a situation knowing my rights I get a lot more cooperation... So these guys would be able to answer the question or at least know where to turn.

In the past I've found stores would try to withhold my eye prescriptions but when I informed them of what they are required to do they lose the bullshit tactics pretty quickly.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

floss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant futurefloss in dubai has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by What_a_life
Thanks for replies, My original dentist was not bulk billed,so we paid for everything. OH said he thought we could get them, as like mentioned we paid for them,. Just never heard of anyone getting them before, so assumed I would be refused if I asked
I'm an ex-dental nurse. You can definitely ask for them. If they are digital x-rays, the practice will have a copy on record, anyway. When I worked at an orthodontist, we would scan the x-rays in and had the originals back as it saved us storing them. If they are digital the dentist may ask for a small printing fee, but probably won't.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by floss in dubai
I'm an ex-dental nurse. You can definitely ask for them. If they are digital x-rays, the practice will have a copy on record, anyway. When I worked at an orthodontist, we would scan the x-rays in and had the originals back as it saved us storing them. If they are digital the dentist may ask for a small printing fee, but probably won't.
Thanks
Old Jun 10th 2011, 9:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You could also ask the dentist to email them to your new dentist. No big deal for them really.