Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Wikiposts

Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Old May 1st 2007, 1:23 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
SOME GOOD NEW!!! (for those with more money than me!! )

HARRODS has just been added
I wouldn't buy a loo roll from that $*&^@%:curse:

I guess that wasn't helpful to the thread, sorry Rach
Old May 1st 2007, 1:42 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Not for shipping to Oz, but for shopping for the UK

Presents and the like!!!

www.voucherexpress.co.uk

and

www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk

i've used both and really are good!

argos and boots will both accept overseas payment and deliver to UK addresses! ideal for birthdays and such!
Old May 1st 2007, 1:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I wouldn't buy a loo roll from that $*&^@%:curse:

I guess that wasn't helpful to the thread, sorry Rach
is Mr Al Fayed not on your Xmas card list then Pen??
Old May 1st 2007, 8:57 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan and sam
Not for shipping to Oz, but for shopping for the UK

Presents and the like!!!

www.voucherexpress.co.uk

and

www.cadburygiftsdirect.co.uk

i've used both and really are good!

argos and boots will both accept overseas payment and deliver to UK addresses! ideal for birthdays and such!
Thanks Sam! I'll add them to the Cards & Gifts section
Old May 1st 2007, 9:16 am

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

For those feeling patriot (and are English!!) I've just added a site called 'We are the English' which (surprisingly enough) sells all English merchandise - looks cool

http://www.ukshoppingworldwide.com/Mens.html (at the bottom of the page)
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:39 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Yeah books in Oz are expensive.

I generally order through amazon.com. Get a few at a time and it's worth it.
Old May 2nd 2007, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stormz
Yeah books in Oz are expensive.

I generally order through amazon.com. Get a few at a time and it's worth it.
Yep.......I was really shocked at the price of books here when we first arrived too. Good to see that there are a lot of UK companies who will post here now......like you say, it still works out a lot cheaper even with the postage if you buy a few at a time.
Old May 11th 2007, 6:26 pm

Hey girls.........its looking promising for NEXT! I've heard back saying that they are looking into expanding their business overseas - I've replied asking them to confirm whether or not they're planning on shipping to Australia in the near future! It took a couple of weeks to get the first reply so it'll probably be another couple of weeks before I hear back.......but as soon as I do........you'll be the 2nd to know!!
Old May 11th 2007, 6:29 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Hey girls.........its looking promising for NEXT! I've heard back saying that they are looking into expanding their business overseas - I've replied asking them to confirm whether or not they're planning on shipping to Australia in the near future! It took a couple of weeks to get the first reply so it'll probably be another couple of weeks before I hear back.......but as soon as I do........you'll be the 2nd to know!!
That is excellent news Rach. My kids were having portraits done today and I couldn't find anything nice for them to wear. My kids always look so bogan!!
Old May 11th 2007, 7:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
is Mr Al Fayed not on your Xmas card list then Pen??
No. He's a w**k*r

That is excellent news Rach. My kids were having portraits done today and I couldn't find anything nice for them to wear. My kids always look so bogan!!
My kids look better dressed here than they did in the UK. Always struggled to get stuff to fit them before. Now they look great
Old May 11th 2007, 7:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No. He's a w**k*r

My kids look better dressed here than they did in the UK. Always struggled to get stuff to fit them before. Now they look great
It is the only thing that I struggle with to be honest. I used to buy every stitch of their clothing from Next and while I have got some nice stuff in Target and Pumpkin Patch I never really like it as much as the Next kids stuff. Whinging Poms eh
Old May 11th 2007, 7:58 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

It is the only thing that I struggle with to be honest. I used to buy every stitch of their clothing from Next and while I have got some nice stuff in Target and Pumpkin Patch I never really like it as much as the Next kids stuff. Whinging Poms eh
I guess me and the kids are weirdly shaped. Nothing ever fitted us and I hated that the rest of the UK female population were wearing the same stuff
Old May 11th 2007, 8:00 pm

I just liked the quality of NEXT gear - still miss it and always will I'm sure........unless of course they DO ship to oz soon!!!!
Old May 11th 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Stormz
We'd be ecstatic if Tesco could open up here. Wouldn't need anything else.

They made a 4.5 billion profit this year, so you'd think they could think about it

- love their cafe'. Nothing like it here.
- great range and prices. Not all tied up by Coles and Woolworths.
- would hopefully have a policy of not checking women's bloody handbags etc when you are on the way out. Bloody rude. I can steal more stuff with my jacket than someone could with a handbag, but they wouldn't ask to check me. Bit sexist really
i miss tesco's, how sad is that.
Old May 11th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future
Default Re: I used to be a shopaholic...

Originally Posted by sme
...................................who died only a couple of years ago after falling down some stairs.
keith harris and orville did it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.