Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Old Apr 28th 2007, 9:59 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can you all list your favourite UK Shops please :)

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Do you mean things like HMV and Tandy?

HMV?

Tandy, well thats American so can be expected I suppose.

You know like when you visit some place and you just dont expect something to be there. But if it wasnt there it would be even weirder.

You know what I mean?
Old Apr 28th 2007, 10:04 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
So will you ship to Oz??
Nah. Its too hot
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:14 pm
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

I really miss NEXT and have already emailed them to see if they'll deliver to Australia. I have to dress smartly for work, and in Brisbane it's really difficult to buy quality work clothing at a reasonable price. When I need some new suits, I'll be getting them off eBay from people willing to post to Oz.
I'm take size 8 trousers and can't find any clothes small enough (and as for knickers, don't get me started presume all of us with small bums are supposed to go commando ). Bras tho are shipped from the UK from the excellent Bravissimo - can't praise 'em high enough and took four days to get here!
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:46 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caroline B
I really miss NEXT and have already emailed them to see if they'll deliver to Australia. I have to dress smartly for work, and in Brisbane it's really difficult to buy quality work clothing at a reasonable price. When I need some new suits, I'll be getting them off eBay from people willing to post to Oz.
I'm take size 8 trousers and can't find any clothes small enough (and as for knickers, don't get me started presume all of us with small bums are supposed to go commando ). Bras tho are shipped from the UK from the excellent Bravissimo - can't praise 'em high enough and took four days to get here!
NEXT are being pestered by all angles and I've just added Bravissimo
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:24 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
HMV?

Tandy, well thats American so can be expected I suppose.

You know like when you visit some place and you just dont expect something to be there. But if it wasnt there it would be even weirder.

You know what I mean?
HMV = His Master's Voice (although I think they're trying to get from the dog looking into the gramophone).

I think that I've got to the point where I'm more familiar with the Aussie names. I can see me in the UK later this year asking where I can find the nearest Bunnings.

Another American brand found in the UK and in Victoria is obviously Safeways (which I occasionally call Tescos).

Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Dont know if anyone has metioned Peacocks yet , cheap & cheerful

Nicky
Old Apr 29th 2007, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

They have opened a NEXT in North Perth Region.

and there are those who beleive Perth is a backwater!!

I miss TESCO (please let them buy Coles) NEXT M&S, Monsoon, Mothercare

Cheers

Birdey
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Birdey

Cheers

Birdey
There was a shop selling Next stuff but it is in the process of closing down. They started to sell all sorts of UK stuff but demand dropped off and the owners have had to close it.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Birdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond reputeBirdey has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, is that the one in Joondalup? Gone already?? AHHHHHHHHH
At least we have a Gucci shop in town now eh? That'l do for all me regular clothes buying!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 3:29 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, is that the one in Joondalup? Gone already?? AHHHHHHHHH
At least we have a Gucci shop in town now eh? That'l do for all me regular clothes buying!
Yes thats right. I will leave the Beckhams to shop at Gucci I think.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
HMV = His Master's Voice (although I think they're trying to get from the dog looking into the gramophone).

I think that I've got to the point where I'm more familiar with the Aussie names. I can see me in the UK later this year asking where I can find the nearest Bunnings.

Another American brand found in the UK and in Victoria is obviously Safeways (which I occasionally call Tescos).

I'm still trying to think of a shop! There's nothing that springs to mind.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I'm still trying to think of a shop! There's nothing that springs to mind.
Me too. How about the local butchers?
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:57 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
I'm going to contact as many UK shops as possible to hi-light the fact that there is a market for them to ship their goods to Australia.

I've got my favourties (NEXT, NEXT and em...........NEXT) but if you wouldnt mind listing yours too please that'd be great

I'll put an email together and send it out every week or something to keep pestering them!!

Thanks guys

Rach xxxx
I presume you havent lived here long, we missed the likes of Next, Tesco, River Island and a couple of others at first, then you realise that the shops here are all just as good, and slightly cheaper, for clothes anyway, lets face it, its all made in China, and is more or less the same stuff, regardless of whichever country or shop you actually give the money to.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:12 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I presume you havent lived here long, we missed the likes of Next, Tesco, River Island and a couple of others at first, then you realise that the shops here are all just as good, and slightly cheaper, for clothes anyway, lets face it, its all made in China, and is more or less the same stuff, regardless of whichever country or shop you actually give the money to.
The cheap chinese stuff is just as good here as the cheap chinese stuff in the U.K. In Brisbane (CDB) anyway I cannot find quality suits at a decent price - I can find good quality stuff, but don't want to pay $500 for a work jacket. My QLD female workmates all agree that dressing smartly is very tricky in Brissie. So I miss NEXT not for casual clothes, or even dressing up stuff - but for decent work wear that fits me - and has a size 6 for my teenage daughter too!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:59 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Birdey
Mothercare deliver They're listed - I'm working on the others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.