Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

can anyone tell me why

can anyone tell me why

Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:40 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can anyone tell me why

Originally Posted by Sue
New owners, but not new management, I'm still here, telling people off and nagging everyone, that's never changed
eh sue we had some fun at the grab a granny eh?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I thought it was all of those things under the old management from time to time. Remember the pogrom around 2005 when loads of people got banned and loads left. Flutters and Megs spring to mind (Flutters' avatar, especially, springs to mind)
Ah but you've missed the point on that one. Megs was the troll who caused it all that to happen.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:43 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Ah but you've missed the point on that one. Megs was the troll who caused it all that to happen.
was she at the grab a granny,i cant remember her?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:48 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
eh sue we had some fun at the grab a granny eh?
I hope you are not trying to insinuate I was the granny ..... I'm not that old ....yet
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sue
I hope you are not trying to insinuate I was the granny ..... I'm not that old ....yet
nor am i sue,did we have a slow dance,you told me you were an air hostess?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:52 pm
Banned

did i tell you i played for west bromwich albion?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:54 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

did i tell you i played for west bromwich albion?
So did Derek Acorah.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Bix
So did Derek Acorah.
mate your thinkin derick dougan,played for wolves
Old Apr 4th 2009, 1:57 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

mate your thinkin derick dougan,played for wolves
I remember the Doog.

Didn't know he was a medium though.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 2:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

No, I was dressed as an air hostess
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Maybe Megs was a troll*. But that does not mean that I or my post missed the point. That's just presumptuous. The point I was making was that the change of ownership has not changed the management of the site. It is roughly the same now as it was before the change of ownership (and 4 years ago). And 10 posts later someone else makes the same point.

* A troll with 4,439 posts in the bag and has, what appears to be, an active account

Last edited by MartinLuther; Apr 4th 2009 at 10:02 pm. Reason: forgot a not
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Same site, same bollocks. What's more, I can prove it. Thanks to the time machine that is the forum page view index, we can sample the posts of yester-year to see what concerned our penny-farthing riding ancestors.

Let's start in .... ohhh .... 2003. Here's a sample of threads - How does Oz compare to USA?, It really is just like home and away!!, leaving everything behind, Anyone here eat Coon?, Do dreamers become trolls?. Let's take a closer look inside that last one. The poster says, "There still seems to be a lot of 'them' and 'us' when it comes to posting on the forum. If you have been following this forum for sometime you will know about the arguments about how different people see Oz and how 'dreamers' don't like negatives and 'trolls' like to dismiss positives." Woooo - that sounds spookily familiar.

Right back in the time machine - let's go to 2005 - the year a certain less grey-haired young chap first came out of lurk mode and started posting . Let's see what sort of posts were going on. We have (familiar thread subject this one) Bare Feet !!!, the obligatory bi-weekly real estate lynchmob Stupid Real Estate, the traditional grass-is-not-greener post Quality of Life, & property prices, the you-seriously-expect-a-useful-answer-to-that-question post whats australia like? and of course the obligatory If I knew then, what I know now... thread.

Okay - two years forward to 2007. We have the Should We Stay OR Should We GO??? post, the monthly favourite Has Anyone Taken Their Car, the Spiders And Snakes ? How Bad ? thread and of course a Getting Cold Feet! thread.

Perth bashing has always been in vogue on the forum. It seems to have been pioneered by a certain 'Pommie Bastard' with this thread Perth Voted Dullsville yet again.

Is the word 'pom' an insult began its perenial forum apperance in 2003 with this thread - Poms. The 'cost of lettuce' meme seems to have begun in 2003 with this thread Something for the Weekend.

So there you go. What goes around comes around. Same shit, different bucket. The grass is/is not greener. Lettuce is cheap/expensive. House prices are going up/down. Perth is dull/exciting/in Western Australia. Crime is low/high/a great career option. And of course - I'm always available for a sarky comeback and a bit of cut and thrust with my old adversaries ...

Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Blimey Hutch, are you bored lol
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:26 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
New owners, but not new management, I'm still here, telling people off and nagging everyone, that's never changed
Bloody nag
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:28 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Same site, same bollocks. What's more, I can prove it. Thanks to the time machine that is the forum page view index, we can sample the posts of yester-year to see what concerned our penny-farthing riding ancestors.

Let's start in .... ohhh .... 2003. Here's a sample of threads - How does Oz compare to USA?, It really is just like home and away!!, leaving everything behind, Anyone here eat Coon?, Do dreamers become trolls?. Let's take a closer look inside that last one. The poster says, "There still seems to be a lot of 'them' and 'us' when it comes to posting on the forum. If you have been following this forum for sometime you will know about the arguments about how different people see Oz and how 'dreamers' don't like negatives and 'trolls' like to dismiss positives." Woooo - that sounds spookily familiar.

Right back in the time machine - let's go to 2005 - the year a certain less grey-haired young chap first came out of lurk mode and started posting . Let's see what sort of posts were going on. We have (familiar thread subject this one) Bare Feet !!!, the obligatory bi-weekly real estate lynchmob Stupid Real Estate, the traditional grass-is-not-greener post Quality of Life, & property prices, the you-seriously-expect-a-useful-answer-to-that-question post whats australia like? and of course the obligatory If I knew then, what I know now... thread.

Okay - two years forward to 2007. We have the Should We Stay OR Should We GO??? post, the monthly favourite Has Anyone Taken Their Car, the Spiders And Snakes ? How Bad ? thread and of course a Getting Cold Feet! thread.

Perth bashing has always been in vogue on the forum. It seems to have been pioneered by a certain 'Pommie Bastard' with this thread Perth Voted Dullsville yet again.

Is the word 'pom' an insult began its perenial forum apperance in 2003 with this thread - Poms. The 'cost of lettuce' meme seems to have begun in 2003 with this thread Something for the Weekend.

So there you go. What goes around comes around. Same shit, different bucket. The grass is/is not greener. Lettuce is cheap/expensive. House prices are going up/down. Perth is dull/exciting/in Western Australia. Crime is low/high/a great career option. And of course - I'm always available for a sarky comeback and a bit of cut and thrust with my old adversaries ...

I neither have the wit or intelligence oh great one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.