Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Camping in the whitsundays

Camping in the whitsundays

Old Apr 12th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camping in the whitsundays

Hi, I have been thinking about flying up to the whitsundays or airlie beach for a few days in July / August.

Possibly camping or a cheap unit (if there is such a thing)

Any tips, or recommendations. It would be 1 adult and 1 child of 12

Thanks in advance

jazzys
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:23 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Camping in the whitsundays

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi, I have been thinking about flying up to the whitsundays or airlie beach for a few days in July / August.

Thanks in advance

jazzys
friends just bac from there will ask them
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
friends just bac from there will ask them
Thanks biggy, I'd appreciate that.

Jazzys
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:35 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi jazzys

We'll be there in August time too, according to my Lonely Planet, budget accommodation is plentiful

I can't recommend these, but my book does:

www.backpackersbythebay.com starts at $22 per night
www.islandgateway.com.au does camping & cabins from $19 for camping & $50 for a cabin
www.magnums.com.au does rooms & camping from $15

Best of luck & maybe we'll catch up in August for a beer
Old Apr 13th 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hi jazzys

We'll be there in August time too, according to my Lonely Planet, budget accommodation is plentiful

www.islandgateway.com.au does camping & cabins from $19 for camping & $50 for a cabin

Thanks Jenni, you been before or not? How ya getting there, flying?

Jazzys
Old Apr 14th 2008, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

e
Thanks in advance

jazzys
Hi I spent a few weeks travelling down the east coast of Australia with my 14 yr old son. It was very much a budget trip as I didn't have much cash!
There are loads of backpackers, all around Oz,( all ages also) which I feel is a great way of meeting people, but just to be aware, to try and avoid the 'party' backpacker hostels if you have a child with you. YHA hostels are usually pretty good.
Lots now are very family friendly though.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Thanks in advance

jazzys
PM ME!! I have some top out of the way places if you're willing to explore off the beaten track and have the majority of the island to yourself. (I've camped there myself). I live in the Whitsunday area, so I should know if you pardon that statement!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:24 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jenni, you been before or not? How ya getting there, flying?

Jazzys
Nope, it will be our first time in Oz

We're flying into Brisbane, picking up a car & then spending 2 weeks driving up the coast to Cairns before catching a flight back to Melbourne. We can't wait!!!

Any offers of beers & barbies en route will be very gratefully received as we will have the girls (11 & 13 by then) so any teen input will be very welcome
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
PM ME!! I have some top out of the way places if you're willing to explore off the beaten track and have the majority of the island to yourself. (I've camped there myself). I live in the Whitsunday area, so I should know if you pardon that statement!!
You don't know Proserpine do you?
I was thinking of applying for a job there but know nothing about the place!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hey SC!

How are you?

Yes I + car means I know Proserpine, hee hee! It's about an hour up the road. I see you want a job in NQ...you smart woman!!! What sort of work are you after? I´ll keep my eye, ear and antenae out.

What do you want to know about "Prossie"? (Forgive the lame Australian lingo).

Love Vegemite.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vegemite
Hey SC!

How are you?

Yes I + car means I know Proserpine, hee hee! It's about an hour up the road. I see you want a job in NQ...you smart woman!!! What sort of work are you after? I´ll keep my eye, ear and antenae out.

What do you want to know about "Prossie"? (Forgive the lame Australian lingo).

Love Vegemite.
Will pm you V, so as not to take over Jeff's thread!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Will pm you V, so as not to take over Jeff's thread!
Thanks Sal, top bird.

Jeff X
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Sal, top bird.

Jeff X
Attached Thumbnails Camping in the whitsundays-top-bird.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:29 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Hi jazzys

That cabin sounds a good price but is it a shed or a cabin was it better than the price???