Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Camping -Moore river

Camping -Moore river

Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Camping -Moore river

Has anyone got any suggestions for a campsite near the Moore river.Thought it was about time we ventured up that way.Thanks .
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:30 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Camping -Moore river

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Has anyone got any suggestions for a campsite near the Moore river.Thought it was about time we ventured up that way.Thanks .
There is only one that I know of, we stay there once or twice a year. It is right on the beach (river) and very popular. Long weekends require several months advanced bookings but even regular weekends you probably need to book well in advance.

http://www.guildertoncaravanpark.com.au/
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
There is only one that I know of, we stay there once or twice a year. It is right on the beach (river) and very popular. Long weekends require several months advanced bookings but even regular weekends you probably need to book well in advance.

I wasn't that keen. I think you might get bored quickly. The camp site is OK and the river is OK but it is a bit too non-bush for me - very manicured.
We had a lot of very drunk people near us (who actually got kicked off the site the next morning so that was good).
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I wasn't that keen. I think you might get bored quickly. The camp site is OK and the river is OK but it is a bit too non-bush for me - very manicured.
We had a lot of very drunk people near us (who actually got kicked off the site the next morning so that was good).
Yeah, we only go there for short breaks; long weekends we go further afield. The river is safe for kids and kayaking, fishing etc but basically when we go there we chill on the beach then after cooking dinner sit around all evening getting pissed and talking. (PS Never been thrown out yet but one old codger came to complain as we were still talking at five past ten - ten seems to be the commonly accepted curfew - and the topic of conversation had turned to bodily functions, especially in the sea).
Old Feb 6th 2009, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel

Thanks for that,I knew you would reply.Any other suggestions for a short weekend,north or south.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

what about jurien bay,plenty of shops,motel,cafes etc.good beaches and fishing,can be a tad windy. (as at present)you could always come and put an offer on my house so we can get back to uk asap(HAHA) oh well i tried.also cervantes but not much there.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks but have recently done Jurien bay.It was lovely there.Good luck on house selling.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 5:57 am
A former regular of BE

Have been to Mandurah (don't go October - Mozzies!!!) and Woodman Point, both with the boat. Canals and Cockburn Sound. Cruising or mucking about with donuts / wakeboards.

Jurien was good and did some great off-roading at Stockyard Gully - going back soon.

Busselton, Albany and Exmouth trips are in various stages of planning.