Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling those who dream strange dreams...!

Calling those who dream strange dreams...!

Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling those who dream strange dreams...!

Originally Posted by jad n rich
A spaceship full of short fat aliens with one eye were hovering over the bed trying to abduct my parner, his eyes were glowing red.

The scary part is then I woke up, about 5 mins later 2 red lights went up and over the house, flying off into the distance, at 3 am I was convinced it was a spaceship
I think that probably was real

In Bristol we used to live next to a mother and daughter who had been visited by aliens a number of times (they were quite casual about it )
One very early morning (Adam had already left for work) - I woke to feel a huge pressure on my chest pinning me to the bed. I couldn't move and could hardly breathe - it was actually terrifying. However, I must have been asleep or perhaps they had put me in a trance - as I did 'wake up'. I was so frightened that I sat up in bed with the light on until day break
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Saturday night I dreamed about zombies. They weren't your normal zombies, these ones thrust their hands into your stomach and had some strange ability to extract all the metal contained in your body, which would conglomerate into a mini statue of the person they'd pulled it from. (And yes, although trace elements of metal would only amount to a very small statue, these were all the size of an Oscar - no one said it had to be logical)

I have no idea if the dream was spawned by Himself coming to bed late after watching the football and putting his flipping freezing hands on my stomach because 'you're so toasty', but I always have very vivid nightmares
That's a cool one
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
One of my 5 year olds dreamed she was walking down the street and the rubbish truck arm picked her up and dumped her in the rubbish truck.

She then had to be persuaded that it was unlikely this would ever happen for real!

BB
Poor thing

My youngest dreamt of blue aliens attacking her and she was trying to gouge their eyes out - but they didn't have any

My favorite of hers (when she too was 5) was that God had got drunk on beer, had fallen from heaven and was lying dead on our roof
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by oz bound
Ok, don't laugh at mine.

I always have weird dreams. Last night I dreamt that I kept coughing up this really green stuff that was made up of leaves and grass then I started to cough up blood

Few weeks ago I dreamt I was trapped with the kids in the cow byre back at my Mums, couldn't get out because there was a raging bull outside!

Another I've had is going through the boarding gate to board the plane and losing my hubby when there was nowhere for him to go! That was a really bad one, I remember running through the airport desperately looking for him and everyone was just ignoring me. Luckily I woke up and he was right there beside me

Most of mine involve the hubby and occasionally the kids and they are usually proper nightmare types where something bad happens to them and it's me crying in my sleep that wakes me up.

Google dream dictionary and try and figure out what it all means.
Seems like I'm not the only mad one

I had a dream about a woman vomitting soap bars - I was more intrigued about how she managed to swallow them in the first place rather than her welfare
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
The Dandenongs are so called because it is the Aboriginal word for evil turnip. Maybe it wasn't a dream.
I popped into the greengrocers yesterday to observe some turnips - I kept to a safe distance - and realised that mine was obviously a mutant turnip possibly crossed with a parsnip.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
I popped into the greengrocers yesterday to observe some turnips - I kept to a safe distance - and realised that mine was obviously a mutant turnip possibly crossed with a parsnip.
Think that's even more worrying - an evil mutant turnip
Old Jul 6th 2010, 10:58 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I dream every night. Weird odd dreams. The other night I was at Kporte's funeral watching the coffin go through the curtain. The week before I was looking for my Ellie only to find her at the bottom of the sea unconscience and I was pulling her up to attempt to revive her. The other night I dreamt I was in a field completely alone and as I walked through it, this murderer bloke saw me and ran at me in such a way I knew that I was going to die.

Each time I have to wake myself up.. and then I am relieved to find that actually no one is dead/dying/about to die... usually I wake up screaming or suchlike..

I dream about death way too much I think I need analysing or something

Em x
Old Jul 6th 2010, 11:06 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by emelems
I dream every night. Weird odd dreams. The other night I was at Kporte's funeral watching the coffin go through the curtain. The week before I was looking for my Ellie only to find her at the bottom of the sea unconscience and I was pulling her up to attempt to revive her. The other night I dreamt I was in a field completely alone and as I walked through it, this murderer bloke saw me and ran at me in such a way I knew that I was going to die.

Each time I have to wake myself up.. and then I am relieved to find that actually no one is dead/dying/about to die... usually I wake up screaming or suchlike..

I dream about death way too much I think I need analysing or something

Em x
God, all those weeping supermodels at my funeral....... must have been traumatic!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 11:17 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kporte
God, all those weeping supermodels at my funeral....... must have been traumatic!
If I remember rightly, thats what you said to me at the time... hmpf! lol!

Em x
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have very weird dreams. One that really sticks in the mind was a few months ago, I was choking and trying to cough as though there was something stuck in my throat, coughed a lot and one of the plastic wire things that attach price tags to clothes came out, kept coughing and more and more of them came out of my throat. In the end the bed was a mountain of these things. I woke up convinced the bed was covered in them and had to actually get up and brush the bed with my hands for ages before I accepted it was a dream
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:31 pm
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone here have Lucid dreams? Great fun! a virtual playground in your head I'm rather sad that I seem to be losing this ability as I get older
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:33 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
Does anyone here have Lucid dreams? Great fun! a virtual playground in your head I'm rather sad that I seem to be losing this ability as I get older
I dream of her often but you missed out the n and the a