Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:18 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

Originally Posted by arkon
That's not what I was taught. Even a double negative in a sentance is a positive. I'm now so negative I must be in positive equity by now.
There you go. Australia is ok after all
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:46 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
The scam is known as the 419 advance fee fraud and got its name from the Nigerian penal code that deals with this type of fraud. From penal code "419"

It was a few years ago when I used to do a bit of "scam-baiting" and managed to string the scammers along for ages, even getting them to leave me phone messages. Have a listen to this message I got one scammer to leave me when I was Luke I Amyofatha. I told the scammer that when he called he had to use a special code:

http://www.geocities.com/cola_andrew..._amyofatha.htm

The full scam-bait is here if you fancy a laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/cola_andrew...manongoing.htm
Funniest thing I've read in ages. Karma sent.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:52 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
They can be traced from their IP address. Unless they've been really smart and bounced the mail off a few relays around the world first - not too likely.
Quite easy actually, just use an onion router like TOR with a proxy like privoxy and the ip address is untraceable.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:53 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
There you go. Australia is ok after all
Old Jan 29th 2007, 12:55 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Thanks. Now on the subject of performing miracles, can you make Arkon say something nice about the land down under?

OzTennis
You ever heard the phrase..."when HELL freezes over" ?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

That's not what I was taught. Even a double negative in a sentance is a positive. I'm now so negative I must be in positive equity by now.
Seance?
Sequence?
Ah, Sentence, that's what you were taught!

Why do Aussies go up at the end of their sentence? (the upwards inflection)
Because their ancestors went down at the beginning of their's!

You can't teach these chavs/bogans nothing these days. (double negative = positive?)

OzTennis
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:06 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

You can't teach these chavs/bogans nothing these days. (double negative = positive?)

OzTennis

So you can teach them?

S
Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:37 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Quite easy actually, just use an onion router like TOR with a proxy like privoxy and the ip address is untraceable.
It would seem that wouldn't work...

"Anonymous usage of SMTP (i.e., e-mail) can result in spam. Consequently the default exit policy of Tor nodes rejects outgoing connections to port 25, the port used for SMTP."

Pity, because I'd like to see an anonymous email relay return...
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:57 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Seance?
Sequence?
Ah, Sentence, that's what you were taught!

Why do Aussies go up at the end of their sentence? (the upwards inflection)
Because their ancestors went down at the beginning of their's!

OzTennis
Exactly. Shame the sentences weren't for life and to be passed on genration after generation. Might not have messed the place up so bad if they were all still locked up.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 3:09 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by rodders39
It would seem that wouldn't work...

"Anonymous usage of SMTP (i.e., e-mail) can result in spam. Consequently the default exit policy of Tor nodes rejects outgoing connections to port 25, the port used for SMTP."

Pity, because I'd like to see an anonymous email relay return...
You need to run it with privoxy. It's actually privoxy that anonimises your email headers. If it's not working try downloading a new bundled package from TOR website. Make sure it's for your version of windows etc.

There are a couple of anonymous email account options available but I'd need to search for them. I'm also wondering if you have your firewall setup to accept TOR and privoxy.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 5:14 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
You need to run it with privoxy. It's actually privoxy that anonimises your email headers. If it's not working try downloading a new bundled package from TOR website. Make sure it's for your version of windows etc.

There are a couple of anonymous email account options available but I'd need to search for them. I'm also wondering if you have your firewall setup to accept TOR and privoxy.
Ok, I'll give it a go - thanks...!

Tried K, gotta spread...
Old Jan 30th 2007, 7:49 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by rodders39
Ok, I'll give it a go - thanks...!

Tried K, gotta spread...
You're welcome. Also make sure you have the first 4 proxy settings set to port 9050 and the last to port 8118. I'm pretty sure that's right, I haven't used TOR for a few months. Instructions come with the download anyway.
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Shame the sentences weren't for life and to be passed on genration after generation. Might not have messed the place up so bad if they were all still locked up.
Perhaps you need to be reminded where the genrations (sic) came from - none other than from whence you came that you long to go back to. Ironically, the Home Secretary, John Reid is much in the news now because of the overcrowding of prisons and his instruction to judges to go easy on sentencing because of this.

I await the novel solution of prison hulks in the Thames and when they are full the next solution of 'hang on, what about that empty land (apart from some natives who don't count, we'll just take over) that James Cook 'discovered' back in 1770 - why don't we send the ones we can't accommodate there.

OzTennis
Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
So you can teach them?

S

I try, but it's very trying!

OzTennis
Old Feb 1st 2007, 8:47 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I try, but it's very trying!

OzTennis
You know what they say about trying don't you?

If at first you don't succeed ....... hide all evidence that you ever tried.